Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Top Pet Peeves about the show

i love janice and all , but the whole 'worlds first supermodel' bit annoyed the hell out of me. it was so obnoxious lol I dont even think that is a correct statement so by saying it over and over was kinda embarassing lol
    C'è tutta una vita in un'ora d'amore.

All Models are Salesmen lizcansell's Avatar
    My peeve is that I feel deprived of the long awaited chats with Mercedes and Shandi.
    Apparently, there is no plan to allow us to communicate with them. And I say "WHY NOT?"

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Closet Fan

2. That they don't screen out the girls who don't want to get nekkid in advance, or, since they don't do that, that those girls are disadvantaged and get kicked off pretty promptly. I could see this coming as a surprise problem during the first season when no one knew what to expect, but not in the second. Been there, done that, no reruns of this particular scenario needed. The second season hopefuls had to have seen it coming after the first season, and if they had any idea about what the modelling profession is like, they'd know that physical modesty and respect for one's personal space backstage just don't work in this environment.

Good one, didn't even think about that. Modesty has no place whatsoever backstage at a runway show. Did anyone besides Anna balk at the nudity? I *really* got into this show late, didn't watch much till ep 3 or 4 of this season.

pet peeves

Hi there (long-time lurker),
    My pet peeves (in no particular order of annoyance);
    don't include girls/women who are too big, too booby, too short. I'd rather they started from a level playing field in those ways and then sorted by ability.
    as people have mentioned, don't include girls with aversions to nudity. It's just time-wasting foolishness.
    don't harp about "wanting it". This should be about whether or not they would make good models in a number of different situations, not whether or not they forsook Scooby-doo for fashion t.v. (and I like Yoanna). Ambition is good, knowledge is good, but not the be-all.
    Again, as others have said, criticism followed by help. Pointless otherwise.

Unlike other people though, I think the drama queens and religious zealots have a place (within reason). It does make it fun to watch.

Let me start by saying: I find ClosetNerd's avatar fre-e-a-aky! Yoanna looks scared and gaunt, clinging to evilly fierce looking Tyra as if she was Tyra's lil' bee-yotch!

As for my fave: I was happy if Yoanna, Mercedes, or April won . . . I liked Shandi too, but I don't think she was emotionally ready for the worldly career of modeling; she would have been on crack within 6 months.

And the 'Eve' photos -- absolutely freakin' awesome!! And I'm talking more about that highly stylized spray paint artwork -- how talented can you be??

Pet Peeves:

Janice D. as "world's first supermodel" when it is blatently untrue.

Tyra's really bad fashion sense (bless her heart): Wasn't she wearing netting over her torn top, and high rise thong underwear (calling loudly for attention, not just peeking over the top of her skirt) on the finale?

Critiscm without positive instruction.

Editing, editing, and editing until everything the models do and say is shown in an entirely different context to the viewing public.

Need more montage of daily activities. I know the models have been shown working out with a personal trainer. Was that just for that day? Did the models do that every day? What did they do when they weren't on a shoot or task? (I'm not expecting bathroom pics, squatters on the toi-toi, or such . . .) But like 1st season -- how else were we to know that (I forget her name) had a tendency to 'fluff' a lot, or just how much bible reading Shannon and Robin did?

And, o my goodness, get a real 'plus-size' on the show, if you are going to do it. I don't know why they bother, there will never be an ANTM plus size winner. If they want to try to be so politically correct as that, then come up with ANTM-Plus Size edition. I couldn't figure how they thought Robin was plus size until the underwear shoot, when I finally noticed her hips were a bit larger than the other girls.

I'm sure the ANTM producers are trolling these boards as we speak, looking for ways to improve next season (which I will, of course, faithfully watch).
    I got chills; they're multiplying . . .and I'm losing control, 'cuz the power you're supplying -- it's electrifying!

FORT Newbie
    Pet Peeves
    Further to the Tyra Self promotion:
    They hardly show other successful current models on the show, just Tyra. It would have been really interesting to see models who have actually had success doing tremendous amount of runway for fashion shows (BTW-Miss Ty Ty really didn't have success in that area because she is too busty) or plus size models, or well..ANYONE who had something else to offer other than own agenda.

Well, they tried to, sort of, by having Maggie Rizer on Episode 2. Then there was the awful "fake-out" when they went to visit IMG, the "house" of Giselle & Heidi.

If there aren't major league models on ANTM I doubt it's because it hasn't occurred to the producers to put some on, or for lack of trying. I think it's because real supermodels command such a high price for appearances that UPN simply can't afford them. Linda Evangelista had once famously said that she doesn't get out of bed for less than $10,000--so until Tyra is able to pony up some cash, hit her "friends" up for favors, or can blackmail her cohort, we'll be seeing Maggie Rizer-grade cameos. Or, who knows, maybe the success of this season will legitimize the show.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Positum
    1.) Mercedes' little "im so cute!!! yay!!!!" act, when in reality, she was one of the most two-faced jerks ever.

4.) how tyra rambled on and on witht eh same speech about the prizes before every elimination.

6.) all the lame misnomers. hello (some) girls, you're in your twenties. educate yourselves.

7.) jay's hair

8.) tyra's shameless self-promotion with the whole music video.

1. The editing, editing, editing... I think the producers sorely underestimate the intelligence of viewers. I detest the gimmicky cuts that paint the girls as one dimensional caricatures just so we can label them the "sexy" one, the "ditzy" one, etc.

2. Hypocrisy. No one, absolutely no one likes a hypocrite. Don't tell Yoanna she has to be sexy when you kick Sara for being sexy. Don't single out April for being analytical when the wheels were churning in the heads of all the girls. Everyone was thinking and re-thinking how to win. Don't give Camille a prize for being confident, then sack her for being confident.

3. Forget Jay's hair, toss out Jay... whiiiiiine, "April's directing the shoot, that's my job" *pout*, then fudging say something you putz. They berated Xiomara and told her to direct herself in her photo shoot... yet April gets canned? See above.

4. Ugh I am going to scream if they announce the prize every single episode. We get it!!! Spread in Jane magazine, campaign with Sephora.. just pour acid in my ears and get over with it.

5. The relentless Tyra promotion machine... I used to love Tyra... the love's still there... just buried.. under a ton of her self-love. It's gasping for air, you're killing it Tyra! Stop, stop!

6. Don't tantalize with an orgy scene and not put out... that's just lame.

Touch my bunny, stroke my cow.

Quote Originally Posted by Pookipichu
    1. The editing, editing, editing... I think the producers sorely underestimate the intelligence of viewers. I detest the gimmicky cuts that paint the girls as one dimensional caricatures just so we can label them the "sexy" one, the "ditzy" one, etc.

2. Hypocrisy. No one, absolutely no one likes a hypocrite. Don't tell Yoanna she has to be sexy when you kick Sara for being sexy. Don't single out April for being analytical when the wheels were churning in the heads of all the girls. Everyone was thinking and re-thinking how to win. Don't give Camille a prize for being confident, then sack her for being confident.

3. Forget Jay's hair, toss out Jay... whiiiiiine, "April's directing the shoot, that's my job" *pout*, then fudging say something you putz. They berated Xiomara and told her to direct herself in her photo shoot... yet April gets canned? See above.

4. Ugh I am going to scream if they announce the prize every single episode. We get it!!! Spread in Jane magazine, campaign with Sephora.. just pour acid in my ears and get over with it.

5. The relentless Tyra promotion machine... I used to love Tyra... the love's still there... just buried.. under a ton of her self-love. It's gasping for air, you're killing it Tyra! Stop, stop!

6. Don't tantalize with an orgy scene and not put out... that's just lame.

Ooh.. I like your list

Quote Originally Posted by geekgirl
    The show had some really golden quotes about weight too. :phhht

I know "real" models are indeed very thin, but that still doesn't make Anna "plus size" or Yoanna "a large girl". If Tyrant thinks Anna is "plus size", what does she call a real plus size model (starting at size 14 I think)? A sea barge?
    Oh my God! I know, tell me about it. I mean I know Ana was not the skinniest girl of the bunch, but she was freakin' tall and weighed 135. And poor Heather (the "prettiest girl" there ) was supposedly "borderline plus." WTF?

Also, I got really sick of "a spread in Jane Magazine!" like it's a spread in Sports Illustrated or something huge like that. I dunno, I don't know anyone that reads Jane anyway. Also, the "very first supermodel" thing was getting to me. Okay if she said it once, if she said it twice, but they put such an emphasis on it every week. It just makes viewers think that that term is all Janice D. has to hold on to-which she doesn't cause she's beautiful anyway! But, yeah I was mouthing right along with Tyra every week...."The very first supermodel, ever!"

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast