Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Top Pet Peeves about the show

Sorry Yaya, but you suck. Kirsten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dysiree
    I hated that too. I really could have done without the Tyra video and seeing her lick the mike. Pul-leeze :rolleyes

With Bethany I think it was that she always either stuck out her boobs or pointed them in a way that would get them noticed (it's a mental thing for Bethany and they wanted to get her out of feeling she was only about boobs since they were so big.) Tyra and Janice draw attention to theirs by their clothes not sticking them out. (Janice is a mental case. I'm not sure what she's doing half the time. The Finale party she looked like she was back to posing for Playboy. And how many dern time do I have to see that EXACT same dress on another celebrity!)

I abhored the way the kept calling Janice "The first supermodel" If Tyra didn't announce it Janice would cut her off and shout it. Like she thought, ""If I say it enough it will be true." Janice let it go. There were so many before her, can't think of the name of the one they contibute this too but if no one else Marilyn Monroe was a supermodel WAY before you.

Tyra snotting up before announcing Sara has been eliminated and her whole, "Blah blah blah world judging me blah blah blah" speech.

I hate the first elimination. You have no idea what anyone can really do after one day! Think about Shan-dye. What if she'd been chopped that first day. Anna looked amazing at the party.

Oh and the whole commercial thing... I didn't figure out what that meant until the last episode. Explain yo' self.

I also hate the pics because to me, as a photographer, they suck. There's too much background and not enough model. I've yet to see photos like that in a magazine. You could barely see the girls.

And would someone PLEASE tell Tyra to never NEVER rap again. Girlie you cannot do EVERYthing.

And the stereotypes:
    "Black woman hard as stones and just as emotional" :
    Ebony was as feeling as a rock and the skin of one.
    Robin was emotionally unavailable.
    Kesse was the only one they showed depth on.
    Camille was just evil and manipulating and she had as much feeling as Adam Sandler's "Mr. Deeds" black foot.
    Xiomara is a sweetie but she always had this warrior thing going on and let's not forget the Grace Jones spread. Tyra knew what she was doing.

The Evil or Confused Holier than thou Christians:
    Robin was almost an evil Bible-thumper.
    Shannon was confused and seemed easily lead. Has anyone checked the Burger King's in her hometown?
    And Anna, they tried to paint her as confused by showing her saying it was because of her husband and then saying it was because of her religion. I would love to see the uncut, uneditied version of her dilema and everything she said.

Oh and they also had a ditzy evil blonde thing going this year, can't say much about last year because I got into it a little late.
    But the blondes this year were either stupid, portrayed as little sexpots and/or snobby. And why do they keep picking these blonde haired blue-eyed girls then saying, "You look like the girl next door." The blonde-haired blue-eyed girl always plays the girl next door in movies, and/or the surfer chick. What the hell are ya'll thinking? All of the "top models" look like the girl next door, even Cindy Crawford had that going on, and she's not a blonde. And Shannon was a little short of mental capacity in last season.
    I guess it's not really their fault all their black women were b*tches, etc. I mean I hear ya, but i guess they're picking from a pile of videos.
    Hey Yaya... Shut-up.

I wouldn't say all the black women were bi***es.
    Remember Kisse/ Kissy? however it is spelled.
    Sorry, Not trying to argue, just wanted to remember the lil sweetie that she was
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Premium Member
    The show had some really golden quotes about weight too. :phhht

I know "real" models are indeed very thin, but that still doesn't make Anna "plus size" or Yoanna "a large girl". If Tyrant thinks Anna is "plus size", what does she call a real plus size model (starting at size 14 I think)? A sea barge?

I have to echo the sentiment that there is just waaay too much Tyra going on. Fine if she's going to be heavily involved in the production itself--it's her pet project, so that's fair. But to unabashedly and excessively exploit it for her own self-promotion is just so TACKY!

I don't care to meet her mom, I don't want to hear about the making of her music, and I could really do without those cheesy photos of herself before each judgement ceremony (the photo of herself with herself was the ultimate statement of Tyra's solipsistic self-involvement).

Funny thing is I liked Tyra so much more before I saw how much she loved herself. A little bit of self-promotion, fine, but this season was much too much.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by geekgirl
    The show had some really golden quotes about weight too. :phhht

I know "real" models are indeed very thin, but that still doesn't make Anna "plus size" or Yoanna "a large girl". If Tyrant thinks Anna is "plus size", what does she call a real plus size model (starting at size 14 I think)? A sea barge?

plus sized in stores starts at 14, but in the fashion world it starts as low as 8. But yeah I would get furious when they called Yoanna "Large" to me Xiomara and Sara both looked larger than her and no one called them large once.

Other than that the only peves I had all were about Tyra.

Sorry Yaya, but you suck. Kirsten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd
    I wouldn't say all the black women were bi***es.
    Remember Kisse/ Kissy? however it is spelled.
    Sorry, Not trying to argue, just wanted to remember the lil sweetie that she was
    Yah, and wasn't Mercedes part black?
    Hey Yaya... Shut-up.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd
    plus sized in stores starts at 14, but in the fashion world it starts as low as 8.
    Oh I see. I totally didn't know that about the size 8, thanks.

Anti All Things CoverGirl
    Dear UPN,
    I would like to see more photos of each girl - on the show and on the website. I would like to see ALL of the pictures the girls were judged on (ie: nude pairs shot and the photos from Tyra's video.) And I think you suck big time for switching Xiomara's Steve Madden photo on the website. The picture she was judged on was fierce. The picture on the site was awkward and disturbing.

Thank you

And PS: If you promise us a recap show with new footage, I expect to see more than 5 minutes of the new stuff.

PPS: Why would you send the girls all the way to Italy and hook them up with an American Designer? Steven Fairchild in that context made no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by geekgirl
    Oh I see. I totally didn't know that about the size 8, thanks.
    No problemo, I personally think thats gross.
    I am 6 feet tall and have a large frame (seriously)
    when I was in Highschool I was skin and bones
    the kind where you could count all of my ribs and
    see my spine. At my very smallest I might of been an 8 for a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten
    It's just to make us anticipate the next episode more. It obviously does get excitement, I mean note after one episode the forums are filled with "OMG! I wonder who broke their shoe? Who will be the razorhead? Gah!"
    I know why they do it. Having watched several movies, TV shows, etc., for more years than I care to recall at this moment, I realize that it's the same reason they show clips from an upcoming episode of any ongoing TV series, or preview clips of upcoming movies before the movie you paid to see comes on.

My post was centered on the presentation, i.e., editing, wording, etc., of clips from that particular show. As well as the fact that the sleight-of-hand that they use in putting together those clips on that show in terms of pictures, wording, editing, etc., to "keep 'em comin' back for more" is not necessary. The girls' individual stories and reactions to everything that they do and that happens to them draws you in and makes you care about and root for them --- or dislike them, if you so choose --- as people, not just competitors in a contest.

IMO. they still need to rethink and retool how they set up their preview clips.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast