Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Yoanna's press appearances/interviews/articles

Yoanna on Dave Letterman

Dave brought Yoanna on to read the Top Ten List (I'm sure the list itself is available somewhere). Yoanna looked fab and she read off the list flawlessly (had me wondering if Shandi would have faired as well, I believe Mercedes and I know April would have done a wonderful job as well). Well I was hoping for more, like he'd interview her, but he didn't.

Now to tape Yoanna's appearance on Regis & Kelly this morning.

I did wonder how it must be for her. To wait (what is it? 6 months) from the time the show is taped until it actually airs to really strut herself to the public as America's Next Top Model? How hard was it to keep your mouth shut? How was the anticipation these last few weeks as March 24th approached? I guess that's one thing I'll never ever had to worry about!

In the Top Ten post I made somewhere around here. (The list I mean, not Yoanna )

NY Post Yoanna Article

'TOP MODEL' HITS RUNWAY

March 25, 2004 -- YOANNA House, the surprise winner of "America's Next Top Model" last Tuesday night, is going on her first high-fashion job interviews today.

Despite the fact the show was taped months ago, Yoanna had to keep her good news a total secret - and was precluded from taking any modeling jobs until today.

"I didn't even tell my mom that I'd won," House told The Post yesterday, moments after arriving in New York for a string of TV appearances, including last night's edition of "The Late Show" and today's "Live! With Regis & Kelly."

Since winning the show's top prize last fall, the 23-year-old Jacksonville, Fla. woman has been stuck at home, working as a babysitter.

"I've done a lot of Pilates," she says.

A panel of judges - including executive producer Tyra Banks, model Janice Dickinson, Eric Nicholson of Jane magazine, and photographer Nigel Barker - chose Yoanna out of 12 contestants as the winner on the hit reality series this week. The winner gets a modeling contract, a photo spread in Jane magazine and a starring role in a new ad campaign for the make-up store Sephora.

"It's been pretty difficult to keep this a secret, being that the show was filmed about six months ago," House says. "But I liked seeing my friends get excited each week because they didn't know what was going to happen."

"A lot of it I didn't remember, so it was nice to get a refresher," she adds. "And it was neat to see all the other girls comments as far as their perspective on the whole experience."

Yoanna, who is single and unattached, will meet later today with IMG modeling agency, which has already got her booked for a couple of "go-sees" for potential gigs.

House is also slated to appear next week in at least one runway show during L.A.'s fashion week.

That's soo awesome, I knew she'd become famous fast!! Way to go, Yoanna!! Did anyone catch her on the late show? I fell asleep...
    Something I wasn't sure of, but I was in the middle of, Something I forget now - Keane, This is the last time

I did she looked great. She read off the list of the top ten reasons why its good to be America's next model.

He gave her roses and then she left.

Regis this morning was nice and she's looking really buff.. no more skin out of the back of her jeans.
    If you want to know the character of a man, find out what his cat thinks of him. - Anonymous

ooh, I can't wait to see that... I taped it.. i'll watch it for lunch.. yeehaa!
    Something I wasn't sure of, but I was in the middle of, Something I forget now - Keane, This is the last time

Yoanna on R & K this morning..

i was watching yoanna's interview on regis and kelly this morning and i kept looking for the rolls over her jeans.. none to be found!! she must have been toning in the last few months!

she was so cute in the interview! i luved it.. anyways i'm sad it's all over.. can't wait for next season!!
    Now watching:
    beauty and the geek
    dancing with the stars
    Looking forward to:
    the cut
    "men, chocolate, and coffee are all better rich.."

Was she was on the first half or the second half of the show?

Well it has been 5.5 months since she really won. Of course they made her get fit

Quote Originally Posted by acclyaimed4
    Was she was on the first half or the second half of the show?
    She was on the first half, and Joy, Regis' wife was with Regis.

Yoanna looked and sounded fantastic!!! If it was a choice between the final three girls, I have to say that Yoanna has the confidence to handle interviews well!

So, I've seen my girl twice in two days: Letterman and Regis.

She mentioned that she had hired a fitness instructor and had toned up. Her hair is slightly shorter, but she carries herself so well.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast