Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Yoanna's press appearances/interviews/articles

Yeah i can't wait to see the photos if she is in a fashion show during LA fashion week. I just need to know which designer

Both appearances were nice and very positive. She's also very chatty and has a wonderful personality with the hosts.

It's so nice to see someone win, for a change, that doesn't have to do the whole "ugly duckling to swan" make-over that the other contestants have to struggle with.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

she was also on the early show this morning.. another good interview.. she definitely has the personality for interviews
    Now watching:
    beauty and the geek
    dancing with the stars
    Looking forward to:
    the cut
    "men, chocolate, and coffee are all better rich.."

FORT Fogey
    She looks so pretty and modelly on David Letterman show

pictures from David Letterman or Regis/Kelly?

hello my darlings.. so last night i was ready to watch Letterman, but unfortunately i fell asleep blahh so then i wake up bright and early.. have my coffee, waiting for regis and kelly but then i had to hurry off to school and still no yoanna! I heard she looked really nice! does anyone have caps or links to where i can find some pics?? thanks !
    C' tutta una vita in un'ora d'amore.

Early Show Interview

The interview , plus video (bonus!!) is up on... here's the link..

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/...in608488.shtml
    Something I wasn't sure of, but I was in the middle of, Something I forget now - Keane, This is the last time

Hmm this is a bad picture but you get the gist of what she was wearing and her hairstyle.

It doesn't look like her...frosty
    Something I wasn't sure of, but I was in the middle of, Something I forget now - Keane, This is the last time

Well that's her Told you it was a bad picture. She looks fat in it, but on the show she wasn't.

Nice story.. only he called her an "ugly duckling" right at the end of the video.. Way to insult her!! :LOL

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~

When she won UPN's "America's Next Top Model" show, Yoanna House took a giant step toward realizing her dream -- becoming a recognizable model in the fashion industry.

The Jacksonville, Fla., native lost close to 60 pounds before competing in "America's Next Top Model: Season 2."

"But I am also 6 feet tall. So I was like a size 10/12, she tells The Early Show co-anchor Harry Smith. "It took a while, and I did it in a really healthy way. My friend, Ann Peters, who is a trainer, I worked with her. I got educated and worked with her. After the show, I had to tone. I got into Pilates with her. I love it. And I did a lot of yoga.

Before pursuing her dream, the 23-year-old worked as a babysitter and clothing designer's assistant. From a very young age, she says, she has loved fashion.

I was addicted to Elsa Klensch. I never watched cartoons. It was all about Elsa, she says, As a little girl, it even came off. Its something that Ive always loved, and I think destiny or fate - I think everything fell into place at the right time.

With this show, Tyra Banks really tried to create an experience that was true to the real life experience that fashion models face.

House says, A lot of the girls, we got along. I think most of us all got along. And then it was hard competing, especially some of the tasks that they had us do (that) were really outrageous and exciting at the same time. Some of the competitions involved swinging from high wires and posing partially nude.

The final episode had a few surprises: A surprise elimination, and a high fashion runway competition in front of hundreds of people.

At the end of the competition, House was criticized for her walk. But she notes, I guess, to be honest that night, I think the public should know we were so tired. Some of those judging nights were at 4 o'clock in the morning. We would start really early. You know, in the early evening. We were in front of the judges that day and I didnt give it my all. I regret it because I think youre just kind of like, I dont know. It just started getting really tense.

Now that Tyra Banks crowned her America's Next Top Model, House says she has been having fun keeping up with her busy schedule.

"Yesterday, I did 'Letterman.' That was very exciting. It was neat, she says, We have a full days schedule ahead. Im meeting with IMG (modeling agency). They represent some of the best girls. And, you know, its all just going really fast.

Late Tuesday evening, a story appeared on the Internet claiming that Sephora, a sponsor of one of the grand prize packages awarded to the Top Model winner, might have had advance notice of the show's winner. Sephora released its spring catalogue and adorning the cover was a stunning beauty who looks just like House. Sephora denies that it's Yoanna, but also refuses to reveal the identity of the model.

About that, House says, I dont know if she looks exactly. But some people say theres a slight resemblance. There was some buzz. But Im actually meeting them for the first time today. They had no idea who the winner was. No, I dont think Sephora knew. The network wouldnt jeopardize the secret of who the winner is.
    If you want to know the character of a man, find out what his cat thinks of him. - Anonymous