Thread: RE: The Fix is In!

FORT Newbie

RE: The Fix is In!

This is exactly what I dreaded from the start of the show.....I really believe that this season was fixed from the start....there were just too many times when Yoanna (and, yes, I know how to spell her name.....my post was an attempt at humour) should have been bounced.
    I also find it interesting that all the previous concerns about her body not being right were just completely dropped......

Here's my earlier post......

03-17-2004, 10:33 AM Post #1
    cts125
    FORT Newbie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since the very start of this season I really felt that the fix was in for Joanna.

Maybe it's because I find her so overwhelmingly obnoxious....but it seems so clear that she has been a favorite and given a number of 'breaks'...certainly she would have never made it this far on her looks, talent, personality....

After the episode last night (gee, her attempt at the shirt competition should have been enough to throw her out!) I'm totally convinced the show this season is rigged in favor of certain 'models'.....and, yes, I know, we only get to see what the editors deem entertaining, but can anyone make a convincing case for Joana making it to the top three!!!!

FORT Regular
    If you know her name is Yoanna why don't you write that. Personally I can't take you seriously if you are so bitter you can't even get the models names right.

If you knew the fix was in from the beginning of the show why did you continue to watch? Presumably because it was good television.

All of the models were given numerous breaks throughout the competition, that much is obvious. If not for all of her breaks about her overcoming her hideousness, Shandi would have been booted much earlier, IMO. If Jenascia wasn't an inch shorter that Mercedes, Mercedes, at 5'8", would have been labeled the short one and would have been booted much sooner.

Yoanna is America's Next Top Model, learn to live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Surly
    If you know her name is Yoanna why don't you write that. Personally I can't take you seriously if you are so bitter you can't even get the models names right.

If you knew the fix was in from the beginning of the show why did you continue to watch? Presumably because it was good television.

All of the models were given numerous breaks throughout the competition, that much is obvious. If not for all of her breaks about her overcoming her hideousness, Shandi would have been booted much earlier, IMO. If Jenascia wasn't an inch shorter that Mercedes, Mercedes, at 5'8", would have been labeled the short one and would have been booted much sooner.

Yoanna is America's Next Top Model, learn to live with it.

Surly, you're my favorite newbie *lol*
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Crystal Allen

Reverse Fix, really

Remember the mantra about reality tv, it's all about the editing. They already know who won when they create the show. They could have easily editted out her falling during the video, or the awful shot of her backfat rolls. They chose not to.

Actually, what I disliked about this season was the editing. I thought they should have made the winner more likeable. It doesn't seem like anyone was really rooting for Yoana.

Look how many posters/viewers are angry about Mercedes losing, it's because we all liked her so much. I'm of the group that thinks this show should be called "Who really really really really wants to be a Model" b/c that what it seems to be. The winner is not really who could be a top model, but rather who WANTS to be one.

I agree with the judges.. A face like Yoanna doesn't often come around. Even if she hadn't won she would still get some kind of 'face' contract.

I think her new buff body looks marvelous and think she's going to go far.
    If you want to know the character of a man, find out what his cat thinks of him. - Anonymous

Crystal Allen

Nobody is doubting that she has an incredible face

All I was saying is that with reality tv, the viewers should be drawn in on some level and care about the outcome. I think the winner should be portrayed/edited in a certain light so that we'll be happy with the winner. There were other girls there that had qualities that could have made them top models. Especially Shandi.

Quote Originally Posted by Six Degrees
    All I was saying is that with reality tv, the viewers should be drawn in on some level and care about the outcome. I think the winner should be portrayed/edited in a certain light so that we'll be happy with the winner. There were other girls there that had qualities that could have made them top models. Especially Shandi.
    I think Shandi's 'personal' concerns came out in the final photo shoots. Yoanna on the other hand was able to 'tune' her concerns out and do the job. I'm not sure that Shandi was the one to win the competition.. it would have taken her away from Eric. This way she can move to NY.. she'll accept jobs that allows her to continue her relationship with him. Eric is her support and this way he's there to help her along.

And of course it was edited to make us like someone. Up until that point I was sick to death of Shandi and her cinderella story. Nolin and his dog.. they all come from Walgreens and dairy queens.. ohh and Shandi is the best one I've photographed all year... Honestly talk about bias..
    If you want to know the character of a man, find out what his cat thinks of him. - Anonymous