Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ANTM2, Ep. 10 Finale Recap: Surprise, Surprise—Ask and Ye Shall Receive

Kao
    Oh, God, I'm going to miss your recaps! Loved it all...especially the "brat Doll" thing.

Keep in mind, this is all before any of Shandi’s sexploits were broadcast on national television; and hopefully Shandi’s paramour did not leave her with any unwanted “souvenirs” of her trip to Italia—the kind which might require Shanthrax to get a prescription for Valtrex.
    You're killing me! Maybe we'll see her on one of those scary ads talking about her "outbreaks."

I’d like to see Anna try to be Christ-like with her back here.
    Jesus knew how to work those robes, honey.

Tyra, who must find a way to bring everything back to her even if it has nothing whatsoever to do with her, says,
    Who cares what she said, it's so true.

Too many great lines to quote, SFG! Oh dear, I'm tearing up again.

ETA: Oops, I forgot to include my favorite paragraph:

If Lewis Carroll created two characters in the contemporary fashion world, they would be Dean and Dan Caten, a sort of Tweedlegay and Tweedlegayer. The smiley identical twins are like sartorial sprites or the fashion industry’s answer to the Mothra twins, dressed in coordinated yet not identical outfits, moving together as if synchronized, finishing each other’s sentences, and speaking in unison. Shandi says the twins remind her of “little chipmunks,” a popular notion that Mercedes also picked up on, calling them “Chip and Dale.” This is not, of course, said to their smiley, chipmunky faces.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Fabulous recap! You have me cracking up laughing in a library. I'm really going to miss this weekly treat.

The Lewis Carroll analogy is right on.
    “I thought you really wanted to know,” Shandi says. “Nobody really wants to know anything,” D(e)an says with an insouciant shake of the head.
    How Alice in Wonderland is that?

Your recaps are hilarious Snowflake, loved the migrant farmworkers, and tweedlegay and tweedlegayer lines. An unusual laugh out loud moment for me. I'm going to miss you!

Bravo!! Bravo!!

I'm still so sad that Shandi lost and yoanna won (I liked Mercedes so much better than Yoanna, but obviously not as much as Shandi.)

Thank you, thank you for all your wonderful recaps.

Loved these lines especially:

she talks about how sometimes she can’t even recognize herself with all the changes she’s gone through: “I’ve grown into a person I like and appreciate more.” That’s right Shandi, you went from an insecure, dorky, thieving pothead to a beautiful, confident, cheating lush. It’s like a fairy tale.
    I'm a Shandi fan, but still .

In the backstage frenzy, Yoanna’s heel breaks, and the dressers scramble to find another shoe that fits her. Well thank God it was not on the runway, but maybe next time she’s praying, she might want to throw in a novena to Saint Blahnik, patron saint of footwear. How many times is this girl going to fall on this show? I hope Tyra’s prize package is going to include medical insurance.
    That part of the show was hilarious. Hooray for Nole for saving her neck/ankles/anything else that could have broken. I thought for sure she was going to take him down with her.

She really is a rather uncoordinated, accident prone young swan, but ya gotta love 'er.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

fabulous recap, i'm kinda glad yoanna won, but i am such a big fan of shandi

Aw, I'm going to miss all of you guys.

Thanks for all your compliments, your own witty observations, and for putting up with me for 11 whole weeks!

See you all around the FORT!!!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

i love your recaps snow flake girl! you are a GREAT writer- very articulate and very funny!

FORT Fan
    Last recap. Brilliant way to end the season, Snowflakegirl! You are brilliant.

Another classic:
    If Lewis Carroll created two characters in the contemporary fashion world, they would be Dean and Dan Caten, a sort of Tweedlegay and Tweedlegayer.
    Classic. Bonus points because you mentioned Lewis Carroll.

In the backstage frenzy, Yoanna’s heel breaks, and the dressers scramble to find another shoe that fits her. Well thank God it was not on the runway, but maybe next time she’s praying, she might want to throw in a novena to Saint Blahnik, patron saint of footwear. How many times is this girl going to fall on this show? I hope Tyra’s prize package is going to include medical insurance.
    Everything that grows holds in perfection but a little moment. - William Shakespeare

And it’s all the treasures that shine in the street
    As we drive right over them
    And its all the mornings we missed for sleep
    As the sun glides over our apartment
    And it’s all the subtle change in landscape and business
    Reminds you of your limited time
    This time you’ll listen to the movement of your body
    How it keeps on despite you and it frightens you
    Cause you’re barely alive
    - Rilo Kiley (Jenny, You're Barely Alive)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast