Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Girlposse interviews with Shandi and Mercedes

FORT Fogey

Girlposse interviews with Shandi and Mercedes

Heheheheheheh.... Whoever that is kinda sounds like me XD

Norelle//TrueBeauty Shandilized's Avatar
    They made Shandi sound like some demon model and Mercedes an angelic model... quite portraited...

*muses* Hm.

Well, an interview from Girlposse isn't trying to be unbiased information. Read the Wall Street Journal if that's what you want. I agree with her characterizations, myself. Mercedes' attitude that we didn't really see until the end makes sense if you think of her playing competitive sports. And if Shandi's advice is not to drink...so it was the booze that made her cheat?

!
    Eh, I think it still shows terrible interviewing skills even if it is for girlposse. If you dislike someone and can't even make the pretense of being unbiased, then give the interview to someone else to conduct. The interviewer put words into both the girls mouths by the way she/he paraphrased questions and editorialized. Shoddy journalism if you ask me, even for a fan site.
    And as for Shandi not taking responsibility, people keep saying she hasn't, but she distinctly said on the show that she didn't expect the other girls to stop her because she should be able to take care of herself, followed by "(it's) my fault. All my fault." I have it taped. Lay off the girl already, she f*cked up, she owned up and she really doesn't need to go around wearing a big red 'A' on her chest as so many would seem to want to have her do. Her boyfriend has forgiven her it seems, she's dealing with it, the rest of us should be as mature. This is not the dark ages.

I dunno... Girlposse.com seems like an immature website. By immature, I mean run by young teenagers so of course they probably can't interview without being biased.

!
    That could be the case, I'm not that familiar with them. Guess I shouldn't take too seriously a news site that has cartoon hearts and flowers splashed all over it.
    I think I'm just getting sick of a lot of the attitude I'm seeing about Shandi. It seems as though some feel she owes all of us some kind of penance for cheating, as if she won't be taking responsibility for her actions unless she crawls over glass in a hair shirt begging the upn-viewing masses for forgiveness. What she did was definitely wrong, it's just that I've seen the double standard of reality show men cheating on at home girlfriends and catching very minimal slack for it.
    Last edited by soma; 03-24-2004 at 10:20 PM. Reason: I don' thinked, I think...

Quote Originally Posted by soma
    I've seen the double standard of reality show men cheating on at home girlfriends and catching very minimal slack for it.
    Well we don't care about those men, we care about Shandi.

Whoa, I think they were unnecessarily harsh on Shandi. Then again, interviews like this happen all the time. Luckily, the article wasn't written very well, and I think it's more unprofessional than convincing. They tried to make Shandi look bad, but it didn't work in my eyes. The Evil Shandai triumphs...

I've always wondered how such an unprofessional gets all these interviews in the first place.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast