Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dsquared Show

I think that this was a real fashion show. But not featured in Fashion week.
    nice pics BluEyz
    Wait up one minute here! no audience on the left side. What??/
    I think these were practice when they arrived. Cause that is what they walked in here with

***EDIT ok: i just noticed, they didn't even post any pictures of the girls in the clothes they wore in the fashion show. Except for Yoanna test run. I mean that yellow thing on Mercedes, that is what she wore when they arrived. And yeah, they just show alot of pics of her in that yellow thing.
    i want to see them pics
    Last edited by DjDeluxay; 03-25-2004 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Kaos
    I just know I liked the clothes...they were really funky and cool! Oh my God, ladies, I've been wanting to go shopping ever since last night! I'm dying! Oh and SHOES!
    I agree! clothes and shoes! Like crack for women!! Me included!
    Yup, with donuts!!

if you watched last season, we were lead to believe that shannon and adrianne were in the babyphat show... which was crap. they were in the dress rehearsals. that's probably what this was. either a dress rehearsal for the real deal in which they would not be participating, or a staged fashion show just for antm.

Quote Originally Posted by sher
    if you watched last season, we were lead to believe that shannon and adrianne were in the babyphat show... which was crap. they were in the dress rehearsals. that's probably what this was. either a dress rehearsal for the real deal in which they would not be participating, or a staged fashion show just for antm.
    when they are wearing their original clothes they are practicing but the fashion show was real i think..
    Now watching:
    beauty and the geek
    dancing with the stars
    Looking forward to:
    the cut
    "men, chocolate, and coffee are all better rich.."

They were in something with an audience (although those pictures DJ put up were mostly from a practice, I think). But I don't think it was an important show like they were making it out to be because they were wearing the FALL 2003 line, which would have rolled out in spring of 2003. So they made an event, but not one that was important to the fashion world since everything they were wearing was six months out of date.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

!
    It was a show with an actual audience, at least, which was more than last year. But I agree that it was probably staged mostly for the benefit of ANTM. The designers aren't going to chance a fashion week show on a couple of rank amatuers that can't really walk yet (yes, they were both pretty good, but both made their share of mistakes). For all we know, they could have hired the audience, or filled it with people from the street or production crew. Note that only TyTy and posse in the front row are lit, everyone else is in shadow. Oh, well, at least all the other models were wearing the line this time, and seeing as I'm sure not many of us knew who the hell D2 was before, it worked out well for them in terms of publicity.

If the show was shot six months ago, the show has to be Spring 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotuslander
    If the show was shot six months ago, the show has to be Spring 2004.
    The whole point of what people are saying here is that the fashion show wasn't done during the "fashion week" that would have corresponded with the shooting of the show.

You're right that the Spring 2004 collections would have come out during that time, but the D-Squared line shown in ANTM really is Fall 2003.

Check out this thread: The Fake Fashion Show
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    Yep, You're right Griss. That is the Fall 2003 collection, and Jay had stated that the event was staged especially for the show. The only reason I can imagine that DSquared2 would have showed that collection is that they thought that the episode was going to be aired in the Fall of 2003 (the show was taped in October if I remember correctly, so they probably thought that would be the case). While they garnered free publicity, they would have been better served showing their upcoming spring line.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12