Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Congrats Yoanna!!!

My boyfriend and I are thrilled. We had her picked from show 1.
    I am very exited. I said it in another thread but, I could relate to her so well that I kinda feel like a little piece of me won last night
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

In spirit of Yoanna winning, i got a new avatar..
    Congratulations to Yoanna!! You were definitely the best, and I saw it from the very first episode!!
    Something I wasn't sure of, but I was in the middle of, Something I forget now - Keane, This is the last time

Yoanna! I'm so glad that she won! She deserves it and I hope that she makes the best from this opportunity. The best of luck to her wonderful future.

Let the Yoanna fans party!

http://et.tv.yahoo.com/tv/2004/03/24...snexttopmodel/

here's the link for the Entertainment Tonight feature.. there's a video clip as well!
    Something I wasn't sure of, but I was in the middle of, Something I forget now - Keane, This is the last time

Woo-hoo! Yeah, I am very happy about this.

Eldee, your avatar is in the same pose as Yoanna's photo in Acc's avatar XD

been_supporting_April aprilshouldawin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCal Fan
    Yoanna really deserved to win! The girl lived the fantasy since childhood more than any other contestant. It was her dream come true, and I'm proud of her!!!
    I knew they were doing "her dream about fashion" tune for a reason. At first, I got really annoyed when they kept playing that tune. I was bitter, "so what if she's had a f***ing dream! Everyone has dreams. My dream was to be in NASA and I wanted to be the first woman on the moon. Look at me now, I'm in a freaking nursing program and work part-time at some cheap ass company." Then I started to realize why they kept playing that tune. They wanted to show all... cough*fat and nerdy*cough girls that if you have a dream and willing to go for it, you might make it somehow.(Am I thinking too much here???) Look at Yoanna, I don't think MANY people agree that she deserves to win, but she's won. From a fatty girl she's been tunning herself down to a girl in size 2 and now maybe 0 or 1, she's worked her way to her dream. I do not like her at all, but think about this reason, I think that's one plus point for her. So I'll just congrats her, but still desvatated because I wanted my April to win.
    Last edited by aprilshouldawin; 03-24-2004 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostelized
    Eldee, your avatar is in the same pose as Yoanna's photo in Acc's avatar XD
    I hadn't notice that.. that's funny

FORT Newbie

Yoanna ...your a Model babe!!!!!

Congrats Yoanna ! U worked for it and you deserved it 100%..Dreams do come true!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCal Fan
    Yoanna really deserved to win! The girl lived the fantasy since childhood more than any other contestant. It was her dream come true, and I'm proud of her!!!

As for Shandi and Mercedes fans, I assure you that all the top agencies are offering them very lucrative contracts!

All in all, it was a well done finale for a reality show. My only critique is that the creative editing used to create tension during commericial breaks is getting very predictable. When they went to break during the final elimination, I was confident that Yoanna had won...the producer's needed that last "shocking" twist to keep things interesting....be less predictable next year and let America vote!

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by withoutasol
    please don't let america vote! i have very little faith in americas vote- especially seeing how american idol works.

if we let america vote i'm pretty sure catie or heather would have won.
    You said it! This isn't about popularity, it's not Miss America, these are professionals using their judgement to decide who they think can make it in the biz. It's great when your favorite does win, but I thought that this season the competion was so much better that I really would have been happy for any of the top 4 to win. I think that they were all that good.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast