Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Benefits of Losing ANTM..

Quote Originally Posted by caramelbeauty81
    how did it turn out not so good for ruben? isnt his cd almost double platinum and i know his song sorry 2004 was in the top 10 and i hear it on the radio at least 3 times a day. I think clay had the intitial success because his album came out first. I think they are both popular but they just have different audiences. certainly your right about it not being so good for justin.

I think the only drawback for Reuben was the weight gain accompanied by his win... He's probably been so busy that he doesn't have time to exercise and certainly isn't eating right...

Touch my bunny, stroke my cow.

Quote Originally Posted by Gucci-N-MyPucci
    I think its silly to say any of these girls dont want it enough. If they didnt want it, they wouldn't have tried out.
    Elyse tried out as a joke. Her audition video was funny. She vogued and then said, all sarcastic, "I should become America's Next Top Model because, frankly, I deserve fame and fortune." Something like that. It's not that difficult to send a video in, and then go with the flow from there.
    You can find pictures of Elyse here: http://www.holymango.net/elyse/

The fact that a girl wants to become ANTM the most isn't important in itself, but it certainly has an effect on everything from maintaining a professional attitude to constantly focusing/improving to the ability to deliver. The winner should be able to handle this type of hard work. The judges want someone who is committed.

I think the winner is at a slight advantage. I mean... contracts with IMG aren't exactly easy to come by! But each girl's success as a model rests on so much more than winning this competition, and whether it will be Mercedes, Yoanna, Shandi, April, or even Anna who succeeds the most out there in the real modeling world is anyone's guess.
    Last edited by Salome; 03-23-2004 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BluEyz
    in my research of the first season, elyse is doing way better than adrienne who they have shoved off to africa for some reason unknown to me. seems like she's not really doing any top model campaigns except for the ones she "won" on ANTM. elyse however is showing up everywhere and she has plenty of offers..
    It sounds like she's in exile. But I have seen Adrianne's diamond photo in stores, while I haven't stumbled upon pictures of the others.

Interesting this topic was brought up. I was watching Ryan Seacrest yesterday with guest Tyra. She was explaining how this season is different by the fact that the winner not only gets the contract, etc, but a whole host of designers have already booked the winner for upcoming shoots/fashion shows. Tyra basically said the designers didn't know who the winner was, nor did they care, they just wanted "America's Next Top Model".

Quote Originally Posted by Positum
    the successes of the "deserving winner" will ultimately display themselves. elyse is definitely top model material, although adrienne is/was as well. wilhelmina knows what they're doing, and by signing her, they undoubtedtly made a very wise decision. it varies on the person, when it comes down to it. americna idol proved to be wonderful for kelly clarkson, but not so good for mr. ruben. and it turned out to be wonderful for clay aiken, but not so good for guarini. winning the title has its pluses and minuses, but when it comes down to it, talent will display itself and be recognized regardless of whether a title comes along with it or not.
    Ruben's doing really well.

contracts and fashion shoots already? good for her!!
    Last edited by BluEyz; 03-24-2004 at 01:42 AM.
    Now watching:
    beauty and the geek
    dancing with the stars
    Looking forward to:
    the cut
    "men, chocolate, and coffee are all better rich.."

Quote Originally Posted by nora
    Interesting this topic was brought up. I was watching Ryan Seacrest yesterday with guest Tyra. She was explaining how this season is different by the fact that the winner not only gets the contract, etc, but a whole host of designers have already booked the winner for upcoming shoots/fashion shows. Tyra basically said the designers didn't know who the winner was, nor did they care, they just wanted "America's Next Top Model".
    Yay!!! She won't be sent over to Africa. YOanna is better than Adrienne anyways- she was way too trashy!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Salome
    It sounds like she's in exile. But I have seen Adrianne's diamond photo in stores, while I haven't stumbled upon pictures of the others.
    haha! it almost seems like she's in exile to me.. i haven't seen the diamond photo but i've seen a couple of elyse's ads.. funny that i haven't seen the diamond one yet though.. know where i could see it?
    Now watching:
    beauty and the geek
    dancing with the stars
    Looking forward to:
    the cut
    "men, chocolate, and coffee are all better rich.."

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    I got the impression that Adrienne was very happy with her Sirena Diamond contract (she had the bling), they showed her photo shoot which was very cool. I think it may be more of a question of how far she wants to take it. If she's comfortable with that level then that's that. They've been touting her and Janice's appearance on "Rock Me Baby" for months now, maybe she wants to expand into acting (though I'm sure it's just going to be a walk on for her). I think that the industry wasn't sure of what to make of the show and it's winner the first time, now they know of the success of the show and want to get attached to the built in publicity of hiring the winner.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

I'm sure I'm gonna get lambasted for this but...

Last season I was also totally a fan of Elyse - she took some amazing shots and compared to the others was head and shoulders above. Plus she had that awesome hillarious personality.......

but....

I really think that any of the final four of this season would have given Elyse a run for her money easily, and looking at Yoanna's shots even compared to Elyse's portfolio for wilhelmina makes me think Yo is the real deal. I mean she looks soooo polished and just eyecatching. Elyse had some amazing shots during the show (snake, diamonds, wonderbra {and I still think her cast photo was the best EVER}), but looking at her portfolio I don't see her as being better than any of the top four this year (I can't remember how good her walk was though).

I think that all four of the top girls will land professional gigs pretty easily - also as the show gains credibility, we will see the girls go further, PLUS it will attract the right kind of talent (the cast photo for season one looks like a maxim shoot only two or three non-pinup types) whereas this season looks more like the fashion world. (Almost a west coast/east coast thing)

Winces/cringes and waits for the onslaught.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast