Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Analagous to Last Season's Girls"

Crystal Allen

"Analagous to Last Season's Girls"

There have been a number of posts on this and other boards about Shandi being edited to be the winner. I don't see that. How has she been edited to be the winner? The fact is she DOES have a runway model type body, and does look like a model.

As far as the girls being the same "types" as last season's, it might be fair to say that Shandi is being 'edited' to seem like Elyse, she clearly is the natural choice to be a top model, given her look and body type, but we have never heard her say anything about dreaming of being a model [in her audition tape she says "i want this so I can stop working at Walgreens"] and hasn't displayed any prior interest in fashion or the fashion industry. Yoanna is shown [as Adrienne was] as having always wanted to model, and as having a very thorough knowledge of various designers and the industry on the whole.

Mercedes is cute and sweet, and certainly pretty enough to model [as Shannon was] but doesn't seem to have a longstanding interest or attachment to being a model.

they're going to totally surprise us no matter what..
    Now watching:
    beauty and the geek
    dancing with the stars
    Looking forward to:
    the cut
    "men, chocolate, and coffee are all better rich.."

Crystal Allen

The thing with reality shows

Is that we're now all so conditioned to think about the editing and to be 'savvy' enough to not believe what is shown, but rather to think a couple of steps ahead and say "well, this is what is shown, so why might that be?"

Anti All Things CoverGirl
    Quote Originally Posted by BluEyz

Quote Originally Posted by BluEyz
    Agreed. Everyone is thinking something different and the fact is that they all have a great chance of winning because they all have qualities that make a top model. Yoanna with her knowledge and experience with fashion and the fashions industry, Shandi with her figure and look and Mercedes with her personable personality and sense of humor. I like all of them I must say. They all are pretty girls and have raw talent.

Haha. "...personable personality." I need to start thinking about what I'm writing. Oh yeah, and I forgot to say, they're all pretty photogenic.

My little engine says "I think I can, I think I can."
    Bottom line, all 3 of these girls could be models. Its just a matter of picking one.

BTW, at the top of this page it says Fans of Reality TV-"Anal...Girls"

Quote Originally Posted by Six Degrees
    There have been a number of posts on this and other boards about Shandi being edited to be the winner. I don't see that. How has she been edited to be the winner? The fact is she DOES have a runway model type body, and does look like a model.....
    I was thinking this from day 1 of season 1. I was always thinking like maybe they tape Tyra kicking every girl off. Then edits the ones in that have good ratings. Now i know this sounds like wierd. But that is/was my thought.
    And maybe they taped her announcing all girls as the winner and then pick the one that could get the most ratings. Sounds a little wierd i know.

But i do think they may have edited a girl to be the winner. Like the way they edited those girls to appear to be on the "real" fashion show in season 1
    Last edited by DjDeluxay; 03-23-2004 at 06:40 PM. Reason: didnt include quote tags right

Sorry Yaya, but you suck. Kirsten's Avatar
    I don't know, I mean it kid of seems as though they've been making it a bit too obvious that Shandi is going to win, everyone is to sure. I don't think ANTM would do that, like remember last year? Everyone was SURE Elyse would win too. It makes more excitement. I sure HOPE Shandi doesn't win though. I'm routing for Yoanna all the way, but I woul;dn't be upset if Mercedes won, just that Yoanna DIDN'T win, although I'm not really expecting to see Yoanna's jumbo picture.
    Hey Yaya... Shut-up.

Sorry Yaya, but you suck. Kirsten's Avatar
    [QUOTE=DjDeluxay

I was thinking this from day 1 of season 1. I was always thinking like maybe they tape Tyra kicking every girl off. Then edits the ones in that have good ratings. Now i know this sounds like wierd. But that is/was my thought.
    And maybe they taped her announcing all girls as the winner and then pick the one that could get the most ratings. Sounds a little wierd i know.

But i do think they may have edited a girl to be the winner. Like the way they edited those girls to appear to be on the "real" fashion show in season 1[/QUOTE]
    Haha, a big ANTM conspiracy. I don't think that's really possible though, first of all it would just be totally against reality TV's unwritten rules, and second of all they always look different at each elimination, i.e, Shandi's hair's roots would be grown out, etc. etc.
    Hey Yaya... Shut-up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast