Aaliyah & Ashanti have been compared since Ashanti came out. Here is just a few examples of their similarities:
Originally Posted by caramelbeauty81
1) Both their names start with 'A'
2) Aaliyah is 'The Princess of R&B' but when she died, suddenly Ashanti is 'The Princess of R&B'
3) They are both black women who sing R&B
4) They are extremely close to their families, especially their lone sibling (Ashanti her sister, Aaliyah her brother)
Why Aaliyah is better than Ashanti
1) She had more unique and better songs
2) More creative videos
3) Can DANCE (I think you need 2 talents to be a recording star. You can sing and dance. And if you can't dance, you need to have something to make up for it: play an instrument.)
4) Better actress
Yep. But of course that is just my highly-respected opinion on the matter. XD XD
and not to mention people are saying Ashanti is trying to take Aaliyah's place.
But when i keep thinking of Ashanti i just imagine Shake Ya Body remix being a slow version. Which i DO not want
Although, I'll have to say I second that.
Originally Posted by Frostelized
I loved aaliyah and saw her in concert but I think alot of people didnt say she was such a great artist until she died. I loved her first two albums but her last one was really bad to me. I would put them both in the same category voice wise cause neither had a spectacular voice but im a fan of them both. I dont get why we have to compare every black woman singer. Their music sounds nothing alike and they look nothing alike. Plus aaliyah is dead and resting in peace. No reason to give her superficial comparisons to other singers. Her music still lives on with her fans and Ashanti isnt taking that away from her.
My black friends call Ashanti "Wolfy" because she's not smooth. I think they're hating
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.