Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Fake Fashion Show

The Fake Fashion Show

Since I had heard that the D-Sqared dudes were the final two judges, I went to check out their collection, and looky what I found:

http://www.firstview.com/WRTWfall200...RED/index.html

This is the outfit that they're showing in the preview (the one that people assumed Shandi was wearing). Looks like they are having the fake fashion show with stuff from the D-Squared Fall 2003 Collection.
    Last edited by Miss_Griss; 03-20-2004 at 05:33 PM.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Here are the other outfits that are shown in the preview:

http://www.firstview.com/WRTWfall200...ARED/S003.html

http://www.firstview.com/WRTWfall200...ARED/S019.html

http://www.firstview.com/WRTWfall200...ARED/S021.html

Gotta say though that when I watch the preview, I'm not sure that any of the runway models in the preview are the competitors from the show. Has anyone figured out which ones are which if they are?

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

!
    Wow, I'm very underimpressed with their collection. I like some of the individual pieces ok, but really, nothing is that exciting. Kind of looks like they went thrifting and threw somw nice strappy stilettos on top of the results. (Plus one of the models is wearing a damned trucker hat. I thought the 'high fashion' industry was supposed to anticipate the trends. Hasn't that one died off yet???)

Quote Originally Posted by soma
    Wow, I'm very underimpressed with their collection. I like some of the individual pieces ok, but really, nothing is that exciting. Kind of looks like they went thrifting and threw somw nice strappy stilettos on top of the results. (Plus one of the models is wearing a damned trucker hat. I thought the 'high fashion' industry was supposed to anticipate the trends. Hasn't that one died off yet???)
    They're very into the trucker hat (although they may be military, because they've got embroidered insignia-type stuff on them). In the original TV preview after last weeks show, they had footage of all three of the finalists walking around with those hats on in the designers' studio.

Thanks for posting those links, Miss Griss! I liked their Spring2004 show a lot better than their fall line, but I think they would have been filming this show right when they would be rolling out the new stuff. (February?) Probably didn't want to waste their new line on ANTM.

Too bad Camille didn't get to wear this:

You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss
    Since I had heard that the D-Sqared dudes were the final two judges, I went to check out their collection, and looky what I found:

http://www.firstview.com/WRTWfall200...RED/index.html

This is the outfit that they're showing in the preview (the one that people assumed Shandi was wearing). Looks like they are having the fake fashion show with stuff from the D-Squared Fall 2003 Collection.
    My first thought when I opened that link : "Why did they wrap that ugly green bedspread around that girl...?" I looked closer, it's knit, so I guess it's okay then Well, it's like soma said, some ok individual pieces, but as a whole not so impressive collection. Hopefully the ANTM girls add some fun to it.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

I also think the collection is rather uninspired.

Well i am just thinking this since last season it happened. But i do think the last 5 girls do get to be in the fashion show. So Camille might have worn that. But i am just thinking this since it happened last season

Ooh, I don't like Naomi Campbell... :phhht

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    Thanks for posting those links, Miss Griss! I liked their Spring2004 show a lot better than their fall line, but I think they would have been filming this show right when they would be rolling out the new stuff. (February?) Probably didn't want to waste their new line on ANTM.
    You're welcome.

Too bad Camille didn't get to wear this:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast