Thread: Entertainment Tonight Story on ANTM (3/19) *One Spoiler*

What Would Janice Do? littlecat's Avatar

Entertainment Tonight Story on ANTM (3/19) [B]One Spoiler[/B]

From the ET website:

'Top Model''s Finale Secrets

March 19, 2004
    With only three hopefuls left in the "America's Next Top Model" competition, the tension is rising and there is no room for mistakes! But these are young women not used to handling intense pressure, and accidents do happen. Will they be the deciding factor in eliminating someone, or will the panel of judges take into account that these gals are only human?

On tonight's ET, we look at next Tuesday's final episode when TYRA BANKS reveals the fate of YOANNA HOUSE, MERCEDES SCELBA-SHORTE and SHANDI SULLIVAN. Which one will win the modeling contract, and who will go home?

Even though each of the three remaining contestants is strong, they all have something that could hold them back. Mercedes has too "commercial" of a look, and she did come clean about her lupus, which was brave considering her concerns that the disease might keep her from gaining the title. Yoanna has been told more than once that her body isn't right for high fashion, and Shandi's previous run-in with the law and admitted use of drugs could work against her.

Still, they continue to battle it out, even as they are very aware of their competitors. Mercedes says, "Shandi has transformed from a caterpillar into a butterfly. She works well in high fashion and the judges know that, and Yoanna is beautiful." And Yoanna thinks, "Mercedes photographs well and has a great personality. She would make a great role model."

Even the three most affected by the outcome are clueless as to whom the winner will be!

At their final photo shoot, Yoanna becomes overwhelmed by the strain of the rivalry and butchers her hair, making a large hole, necessitating the hairstylist to cut it even shorter than it now is. Is this young beauty breaking down? Then during the concluding fashion show, the heel of one of the model's shoe breaks at a critical moment.

The finale of "America's Next Top Model" airs on UPN, Tuesday, March 23, at 9 p.m.

As for this week's show, after the women got frisky with four Italian male models, APRIL WILKNER was given her ticket home from Milan, when Tyra told her, "In your pictures, we feel you pose better than all the girls here, but modeling isn't about being mechanical, it's about emotionally connecting with the camera."

In a UPN chat on Wednesday, April, who still plans to be a top model, admitted, "I had a blast doing the show. I regret nothing. If I could go back and change one thing it would be to let my hair down and loosen up a bit and show the real me."

good post. it's so hard waiting 'till tuesday.

kthxbye.

b.

Ok, that was too much of a spoiler. I can't believe ET would reveal that. That can basically give us a clue of who is out. Although i did have a clue who it was.
    I can't wait to see it.

FORT Regular
    At their final photo shoot, Yoanna becomes overwhelmed by the strain of the rivalry and butchers her hair, making a large hole, necessitating the hairstylist to cut it even shorter than it now is
    I saw the preview and that large hole appears to be at the nape of Yoannas neck, where her hair ends. It didn't look like a hole at all, more like she tried to trim the back herself and cut off too much in the center. Any hairstylist should be able to fix it.

Anti All Things CoverGirl
    Seems to me like another case of UPN sensationlizing something that isn't nearly as big a deal as they make it out to be.

Oh nooooo, that only leaves Mercedes and Shandi to be the model with the "bad heel", gosh I hope it's not Shandi, even though I like Mercedes too. Ya'll know I'm rooting for the home team, but I think she will handle it well. I can't wait till Tuesday, it seems so far away!!!!!!!!

What Would Janice Do? littlecat's Avatar
    "...Then during the concluding fashion show, the heel of one of the model's shoe breaks at a critical moment...."

No one is saying that the heel broke on the runway. Maybe it broke right before they went on and someone had to fudge up a different pair of heels at the last moment.

What did you say, Simon? krstlfethr's Avatar
    "Even the three most affected by the outcome are clueless as to whom the winner will be!"

...that doesn't make any sense to me...don't the three girls already know who has won, since this show was taped a long time ago?
    "[t]he soul is the effect and instrument of political anatomy: the soul is the prison of the body."
    -Foucault

Quote Originally Posted by krstlfethr
    "Even the three most affected by the outcome are clueless as to whom the winner will be!"

...that doesn't make any sense to me...don't the three girls already know who has won, since this show was taped a long time ago?
    Yes. I think the article must be mistaken, or lying, on that one point. The girl who's eliminated first on Tuesday probably doesn't know, but the other two must know.

FORT Fogey
    HEHE it could like survivor....where they would wait till now so the public and the girl would find out at the same time, that would be wicked