View Poll Results: Who will be America's Next Top Model?

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mercedes

15 18.07%
  • Shandi

44 53.01%
  • Yoanna

24 28.92%
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Who do you think will be America's Next Top Model?

Miss_Griss... Sadly, I think you're right, but I'm not so sure the judges will consider this. We've never heard about it at the judging before. Jancie didn't even seem to know what lupus was. Maybe I'm underestimating them, but sometimes the judges really don't look at the big picture. Then again, eliminating cute little Mercedes because she has a chronic illness would make them look awfully mean. They might not air footage of any discussion of lupus and eliminate her under different pretences. Maybe this whole "too commercial" thing is just a cover-up. I wouldn't be suprised. Ooooh, conspiracy!

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Salome
    Miss_Griss... Sadly, I think you're right, but I'm not so sure the judges will consider this. We've never heard about it at the judging before. Jancie didn't even seem to know what lupus was. Maybe I'm underestimating them, but sometimes the judges really don't look at the big picture. Then again, eliminating cute little Mercedes because she has a chronic illness would make them look awfully mean. They might not air footage of any discussion of lupus and eliminate her under different pretences. Maybe this whole "too commercial" thing is just a cover-up. I wouldn't be suprised. Ooooh, conspiracy!

Oh, this is a good point--come to think of it, I can't believe it hasn't been more in the forefront. Maybe because it really is a disease most people know little about (myself included). I wonder how long the contract in question is for, because if it's only for a year, maybe the problems wouldn't surface to such a degree as to prevent Mercedes from working. But then again, I knew a girl in high school with lupus, and within the course of a school year, her medication had changed her from willowy and having defined cheekbones to very puffy and tired-looking all over. Poor Mercedes--she's so upbeat and lovely you forget there's anything wrong with her. I can only hope for the best for her.

Hi Barky! I've been wanting Mercedes to win since the beginning. Right now she seems the least likely to win because of the whole "commercial" thing. Well, I'm still rooting for you Mercedes! You're just so damn cute!

I didn't even bother voting, because I think any one of the last three could possibly win.

I really want Mercedes to win, though. For me, there's the extreme likeability factor with her. She's just so damn CUTE! And in straight business terms, of the three that are left, I think she would be the one who could be the most flexible in being able to change up looks.

Whoever wins, I'm OK with.

But, I'd really like Mercedes to be the one.

mercedes has my vote.

Spring & Fall: Preferred
    Shandi is a perfect fit for high fashion. Yoanna should, in my view, be second. Really, I'd love Yoanna to win, but I think Shandi has the body part. Yoanna has the face. Mercedes has the cuteness and the sweetness. That does not say high fashion model to me.

FORT Fogey
    I want Shandi to win soo bad, but I have a feeling she won't//boohooo

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by jadedomega
    I want Shandi to win soo bad, but I have a feeling she won't//boohooo
    Actually, I agree with jadedomega. I'm actually surprised everyone SEEMS to think that Shandi is the favorite; to me, she's obviously the underdog. I'm going to dredge up this tired argument again -- but you have to consider the PREMISE of the show: to find a model for the runways AND FOR a Sephora campaign.

Personally, I think Shandi pulls off the photo shoots beautifully, and would be just fine as a cosmetics spokeswoman, but the judges (esp Nigel Barker and the Jane guy) don't seem to think so. For me, Mercedes is the clear favorite at this point, followed by Yoanna, and Shandi. The editors of the show might set the storyline up such that you'll ROOT for Shandi, but she clearly remains the underdog of the competition.

(P.S. Apparently April has good taste -- go Shandi! lol)

FORT Fan
    Agreeing with cnidoc up to the point of the favorites.
    I think the judges like Mercedes, Shandi, and then Yoanna.
    Everything that grows holds in perfection but a little moment. - William Shakespeare

And itís all the treasures that shine in the street
    As we drive right over them
    And its all the mornings we missed for sleep
    As the sun glides over our apartment
    And itís all the subtle change in landscape and business
    Reminds you of your limited time
    This time youíll listen to the movement of your body
    How it keeps on despite you and it frightens you
    Cause youíre barely alive
    - Rilo Kiley (Jenny, You're Barely Alive)

FORT Fogey
    For whom to win...my money is on Mercedes....I can see it already.....*sigh*