View Poll Results: Who will be America's Next Top Model?

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mercedes

15 18.07%
  • Shandi

44 53.01%
  • Yoanna

24 28.92%
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: Who do you think will be America's Next Top Model?

Pookipichu, even though I usually don't agree with most of what you say, your posts still crack me up.

peachy-keen, I think the similarities between Adrianne and Yoanna end with the brown hair.

Reading some of these posts has made me realize that the winner could be Mercedes, but I still think it's unlikely. I think it will Shandi or Yoanna, with Mercedes in second.

FORT Fogey
    Adrianne looks NOTHING like yoanna and yes they may want someone different than adrianne so any of the 3 would be good candidates even yoanna. Same hair color hardly makes them the same "type" of girl.

I agree with you, Salome. Reading through these has made me think that of the girls left only Mercedes is versatile enough to be the winner. Editing plays such a huge part of our perceptions, after the episode where she revealed she had Lupus we haven't really seen much story about Mercedes. The only negative I can think of is that she's sometimes snarky in confessionals. That's a far cry from all the Shandi drama.

I would love it if she beat out Yoanna and Shandi! (But I think April should have been the winner, with Sara in the top 3.)
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    I agree with you, Salome. Reading through these has made me think that of the girls left only Mercedes is versatile enough to be the winner. Editing plays such a huge part of our perceptions, after the episode where she revealed she had Lupus we haven't really seen much story about Mercedes. The only negative I can think of is that she's sometimes snarky in confessionals. That's a far cry from all the Shandi drama.

I would love it if she beat out Yoanna and Shandi! (But I think April should have been the winner, with Sara in the top 3.)
    I AGREE!!

pooki I always thought commercial was a euphemism for safe, pretty, easy to pair with an american product ... oh what da heck do i know

Quote Originally Posted by caramelbeauty81
    People who say yoanna doesnt look latin obviously doesnt know that plenty of latinos have pale skin.
    Caramel, you couldn't have said it better. Thank you. The ironic thing is my boyfriend is Puerto Rican he has white skin and beige hair but does that help me? No. more often than not I associate the Latino aesthetic with people like J-Lo and Jessica Alba and I'm wrong for doing so

Quote Originally Posted by Salome
    Yoanna, then Shandi, then Mercedes. But I think Mercedes will come in second and either Shandi or Yoanna will take first. I mean, I think they're all great, just some more than others. I even liked April on the show, though I can't stand girls like her in real life.
    You were dead on Salome!

Quote Originally Posted by Pookipichu
    Furthermore, with April booted in favor of Mercedes and Yoanna, the judges have painted themselves into a corner. Oh they tried to create suspense, and they succeeded to a degree but without April the winner is obvious.

Here's my logic -- Mercedes doesn't have a chance. Her "flaw" is being too commercial. Commercial is just a euphemism for not being pretty enough. Before anyone jumps on me (please be a cute boy if you do), I am not saying that Mercedes is unattractive... but to use a sports analogy, her looks are junior varsity, Linda Evangelista, Tyra Banks are NFL.

The height isn't there. And if the height isn't there, the face symmetry must be spot on (e.g. Kate Moss) and it isn't. Thirdly, "short" models, and especially minority "short" models are a speck of dust in the supermodel universe.

Shandi -- She's modelly, meaning she's tall and doubles as an anatomy lesson since we can count all her bones. She has the ugly duckling, princess of Walgreens fairy tale going for her, and seems to truck along, gas or no gas, as she cruises to the finale. The judges, designers and other girls love her... so why won't she win? 'Cuz girlfriend, this is Yoanna's house and you just rentin' time. Shandi's too obvious. The editors of the show know who is going to win. With that in mind, the show is presented to us in a certain way. If Shandi were the winner, the show would be much more subtle with her "transformation"... i.e.

Yoanna -- ANTM, and super witch extraordinaire... no offense to the Yoanna fans but she just does not come across to me as nice, it's understandable though because I know when I'm starving, I'd chew the head off a Barbie doll... Anyhoo, the whole fake thing about her "flab". Yoanna, eat something, for the love of god, your boobies are concave. They're seeking nourishment from within.

The judges can't say, oh we love you Yoanna and you are the winner, because there were 11 other girls... but they can say.. no matter how spastically you walk the runway, how weird you look in your Quench shot, how stoned you look in your Celebrity shot, how awkwardly you dance and fall on your ass, how demented you look in your beauty shot, how ghastly you cut your t-shirt, we're going to favor you over people for being too sexy, brainy, cute, modelly. Just so you can finally go eat a biscuit.
    Major LOL, and how true.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213