Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: ANTM2, Ep. 9 Recap: Me So Horny, Milan You Long Time

ANTM2, Ep. 9 Recap: Me So Horny, Milan You Long Time

Normally, it’s a sign of good things to come: a TV show beginning with an ominous black screen emblazoned with a stark parental advisory for, ahem, mature content. Sadly, however, on tonight’s episode of America’s Next Top Model, this warning manages to be both a misnomer (wouldn’t it be more accurate to describe this as drunken, immature content instead?) and an empty promise. As most of you already know, Boobygate Backlash has effectively killed the much-ballyhooed “Orgy Episode” we were all waiting for. UPN suddenly and swiftly ordered cuts of material they deemed “inappropriate” only after Miss Jackson let the sun shine in, which means we may never see the bizarre love octagon that Tyra famously touted on Conan O’Brien as "My girls on the show were doing the nasty…eight people making out at the same time kinda in the same vicinity." I’m almost too depressed to go on with this week’s recap…Can seeing the girls naked and posed in faux Sapphic splendor lift me, nay, all of us, out of our collective grief?

All’s Fairchild in Love and War

The show begins as our fearsome foursome rise to the battle cry of a sounding alarm clock. “I’m tired but every day that passes by here is another day that we are closer to our dreams,” a confident April declares. In contrast, Shandi frets that “Every day is more intimidating, a little bit more stressful.” When is this girl going to realize that she left her underdog status behind a long time ago and is clearly a frontrunner? Also, talk about your contrasts, instead of mourning the loss of a friend and roommate, e.g. as they did with Sara, no one seems particularly heartbroken over Camille’s dismissal from the last episode. “The witch is gone, Camille left home,” Yoanna virtually sings to the confession camera, followed by a deliciously diabolical laugh. Mercedes is still stunned that she received the picture inviting her to stay during the elimination the night before, and states that she needs to “step up the pace.”

TyraMail arrives announcing that they will find out what “Fiducia, Sensualita, Bellezza and Eleganza” mean that afternoon--why they do not just check in their handy-dandy Italian-English Dictionary for Models is beyond me (it translates to Confidence, Sensuality, Beauty and Elegance, in case you don’t have yours to check in). As the girls get ready and clean up around the apartment, April prays out loud to St. Patrick (a nod to her Irish heritage mayhaps?) and Yoanna tells her she should try St. Anthony as well. Is this what the producers decided to broadcast to fill the time that would have been originally been devoted to the orgy instead? Talk about your spin control; it’s almost as if they’re trying to say, “Look, these are good Catholic Girls, they would never ever get freaky-deaky with a bunch of hot young Italian boys. And, hey, they’re tidy too!” The girls reiterate their insecurities du jour: Yoanna admits she still needs to work on toning her body; April acknowledged that her tendency to “over-analyze” is a “weakness”; Shandi describes her conflicting emotions, one part of her misses home and her boyfriend, but “at the same time a huge part of me wants to become America’s Next Top Model.”

It appears that the girls were allowed to keep their glasses from the Solstice shoot (sweet!), as they all appear to be sporting their designer specs as they leave the apartment to roam the streets of Milan, looking in shops and filling more time that I’m sure would have, and by rights should have, gone to an orgy! Before long, they arrive at the showroom for designer Stephen Fairchild; Yoanna, the resident fashionista, recognizes him immediately, but the less designer-savvy Mercedes giggles, “Wait, I think I know this one! It’s my style if I could dress, you know, ‘haute cou-TOE’ or whatever.” ACK, fashion faux pas! Page 1 of the handy-dandy French-English Dictionary for Models (because it’s the most important word of all) teaches you how to correctly pronounce “haute couture.”

The slightly smarmy Stephen Fairchild says that he is there to teach them a lesson in Italian style. Why they didn’t get an actual Italian designer to do this is beyond me. Were Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana too busy? Giorgio Armani not giving them the time of day? The key, according to Stephen, is to accentuate your good assets while hiding your bad (well, duh). He then orders them to find an outfit in his showroom that they find sexy. The girls change into their outfit of choice, and appear before Stephen to be scrutinized. April, donning a white trench coat with cream colored pants and a beaded halter beneath is chided for both the coat (which Stephen feels is “completely wrong”) and for not showing her legs. When Shandi, in a very plain black sleeveless shell and grey trousers, is told that she picks out clothes that are too large, she comments that she dislikes her legs; Stephen tells her that she has much better legs than she gives herself credit for. Stephen tells Mercedes, who selected a black calf-length skirt and off-the-shoulder top, “We need to elongate you.” What are you going to do, put her on a medieval rack and stretch her out an extra five inches (if only Jenascia were here)?

Finally, it’s Yoanna’s moment of truth. She strides to the center of the room, in a feminine-scaled black tuxedo jacket and black trousers. Stephen asks her to take her jacket off, then we finally see what all the judges and casting directors and stylists have been harping about forever: bursting out from out the top of Yoanna’s waistband, and from below her tight corset-style camisole is an inescapable, undeniably huge roll of fat. I mean, the thing looks like she’s trying to smuggle an unbaked baguette out of the panetteria. Stephen, obviously taken aback, gives her a lecture on her midriff—telling her there’s ways to hide it, but she also needs to work on trimming her body down as well, criticism which Yoanna takes in stride.

Stephen then proceeds to correct their mistakes, re-dressing the girls in his vision of “Italian sensuality.” The new outfits are admittedly more feminine and sophisticated than the ones the models chose: Shandi is in a to-die-for black lace dress with sexy strappy heels, Mercedes in a smart fitted blazer with a cute blck graphic cap, April and Yoanna both sport gamine fur stoles and dainty lady-like dresses. Stephen then tells them that, for tomorrow, they will be given 200 Euros to spend at the flea market, where they must try to find ensembles that “depict Italian sensuality.” The winner, he says dramatically, making it sound like a creepy come-on, will be awarded “an amazing night” at his villa.

This is Where I Would Have Written in Glorious, Lurid Detail about an Orgy, if Only There had Been One on Television Tonight

Speaking of amazing nights, Yoanna decides to call up Andrea, one of the hotty Vespa drivers from the other week, and invites him to come over to their apartment with some his equally tasty-looking Italian friends. A clearly hot and bothered (not to mention single) Mercedes pouts, “I’ve been so testosterone-deprived, it’s so not fair.” The other single gal, Yoanna says unequivocally, “I definitely want to get some smooches on, it’s about time.” Shandi, who is so not single, talks about how much she misses her boyfriend and wishes he could be there to experience this with her, blah blah. But he ain’t, Blanche, he ain’t.

More filler footage of the girls cleaning their apartment and lighting candles in preparation for their guests, before the Italian guys at long last arrive, bearing food and, more importantly, wine. Red, red wine. We see the first of what must be many, many toasts. Throughout the evening, the girls get to know Jean Luc, Nico, Andrea, Niccolo, and Orlando better (perhaps…biblically better? Ah, we’ll never know). Yoanna makes a special connection with the bug-eyed Niccolo, and invites him into her room to see her MP3 player (proving that if you’re female, even the lamest of pickup lines will work), and before long we see their bodies up against the conveniently frosted glass of the bedroom door. Shandi and April get voyeuristic, then burst in on the two snogging sweethearts, before both the scene ends in a dogpile of bodies (including Shandi, and another undermined male, perhaps Orlando) on top of the same single bed.

Alas, there is still too much clothing on, so the logical next step, according to the handy-dandy Models Handbook to Reality Television, is to (in Eddie Murphy SNL voice) get in the hot tub. Everyone strips down and piles in, packing the hot tub pretty tight, not that anyone seems to mind--everyone but April, that is, who (like Shandi) has a boyfriend. April actually hides around the corner as the rest of the girls get wet with their new Italian playmates. After much coaxing (the other girls actually screaming out for her), April finally gives in and joins them, saying, “These girls, myself included, have been like monkeys in a cage, and you drop a big bananas inside, of course they’re gonna tear the peels off.” Much general drunken carousing ensues, although April appears to be cowering in a corner.

Shandi has suspiciously been luxuriating in one of the Italian boys’ laps this whole time, and April says it’s “pretty clear that they’re gonna hook up.” Nice call. Pretty soon, we see Shandi macking down hard on her Italian boy, like Dom Deluise on a fat, juicy braciole. “Ding!” April declares, “Hold on a second, Shandi, you have a boyfriend.” “Part of me got caught up in the sexual tension,” Shandi confesses later. Well, from what we can see, that part of her was, at the very least, her tongue down some Italian guy’s gaping gullet. Mercedes says Shandi is “just having fun,” while Yoanna says she let Shandi “do her own thing” though she did at one point question why Shandi was letting it go so far. Shandi then retires to her bedroom, dragging her new boy toy behind. We see some footage of them getting hot and heavy on the bed before they cut away to a clanging belltower.

Morning After Bitter Pill

In the wee hours, we see all the guys leaving, kissing the girls goodbye (including April, —wonder how come no one’s made a fuss over her, although since we’ll never see the rest of the night’s footage, thanks to UPN, we’ll never know what she was up to). Yoanna and Niccolo share an especially intense goodbye kiss that seems to indicate that they did more than just play canasta all night. The only one not sharing the fond farewell is a distraught Shandi, who sits sobbing bitterly at the edge of her bed. The girls go to comfort her (April bending over the bed where Shandi is hiding beneath a pile of blankets provides the most “mature content” we’ll see this entire episode, an in-your-face, albeit pixilated, shot of her ass from underneath a very short, very sheer slipdress), but Shandi is inconsolably guilty over having cheated on her boyfriend.

In the morning, as “the blood is returning to her brain, and the wine is starting to drain she’s beginning to realize that what she did was extremely hurtful,” April says of Shandi. Shandi says that she just wants to go home now, but also wonders why no one pulled her aside to tell her what she was doing was wrong—hmm, maybe because you’re a freaking adult who should be responsible for her own actions? Shandi does, however, admit, “It’s all my fault.”

The competition stops for no one, however dramatic the personal crisis, and so the girls head off to the flea market for their 200 Euro challenge. They have only one hour, but Yoanna, Mercedes, and April work hard to find outfits that convey “Italian sensuality” yet follow the guidelines Stephen Fairchild had for each of them individually. Shandi roams around distracted, preoccupied with the events of the night before. They head out in a car for Stephen’s villa, a 30-45 minute drive out from Milan. The rest of the girls attempt to carry on as normally as possible, while Shandi stares glumly out the window, lost in her thoughts. “I finally have someone who’s proud of me, for once, and then look what I go and do,” Shandi confesses.

Room with a View

They finally arrive at Villa Camilla, Stephen’s property in the breathtaking countryside, looking all dreamy and Merchant-Ivory bucolic. He and his wife greet them, then take them inside for the tour. He takes them up to one of the guest bedrooms, the window of which frames a gorgeous mountain vista that looks like it is straight out of an oil painting, but no, it’s the actual view! The winner will stay in that room. They walk up a flight of steps to a smaller, more barren, windowless room (servants quarters, perhaps) where the losers will stay.

They go out to the verandah for champagne, and the “Italian sensuality” challenge. They model their outfits for Stephen and his wife. Stephen thinks Mercedes failed to bring out her great shoulders, Yoanna ‘s pants were “off-kilter,” and April’s mini-skirt doesn’t match her scarf. Winner: Shandi, who can’t believe she won despite her mind being somewhere else. Yoanna is a little upset that she didn’t nail a challenge involving style. Stephen allows Shandi to pick one girl who will share the “amazing night” and Shandi selects Yoanna, saying that although all the girls here now have helped her, she feels closest to Yoanna.

At dinner, the girls walk down to the dining room, where Stephen informs them that Shandi and Yoanna will join him and his friends at the big dining table, while April and Mercedes must sit at a humiliatingly small table for two set far away, across the room (with shades of Thanksgiving “Little Kids Table” to it). Dinner commences; the big table is filled with people who work at Valentino and Calvin Klein, but the meal appears rather stuffy and unexciting. One of the women asks who everyone’s muse is; Yoanna answers Kate Moss right away, but Shandi doesn’t have an answer. Shandi admits that her mood made socializing at the table very hard. Meanwhile, back at the Little Kids Table, Mercedes is attacked by a bug.

After dinner, TyraMail says, “You’ve gotten to know each other very well. Tomorrow you’ll get to know each other even better.” Shandi speculates that the message is alluding to what happened the other night, and says, “Tyra knows everything,” as if Tyra were God, or the CIA or something.

When she gets a moment to herself, Shandi finally calls her boyfriend. Please to enjoy this transcript, which you may re-enact with your friends.

Eric [happily]: Hey!
    Shandi [grim]: Hi.
    Eric: What are you doing?
    Shandi: Not so good.
    Eric [concerned]: What’s wrong?
    Shandi: I don’t know how to start this.
    Eric [really concerned]: What did you do? Please tell me what you did. Just tell me.
    Shandi: I did the worst possible thing I could do—
    Eric [screaming like girly-girl]: YOU HAD SEX?
    Shandi [meekly]: Yeah.
    Eric [moaning like girlish ghost]: Oh my God, oh my God…WHY’D YOU DO THAT?
    Shandi [sobbing]: I DON’T KNOW!
    Eric: Were you that lonely?
    Shandi: Yes.
    Eric: Did this happen last night?
    Shandi: Yes.
    Eric: Wow, you’ve changed. You’re not Shandi. To cheat on someone you’ve known for four years. I never thought you could do that.
    Shandi [inaudible]: ud dugh mur mughyeh
    Eric: I can’t be with someone that cheated on me!
    Shandi [releases high-pitched sound like balloon deflating]
    Eric: What do you want me to do? What can I say to this? How can I hug you?
    Shandi [blubbers]
    Eric: This is so messed up. Didn’t you think back to everything we’ve been through? You think about how we wanted to be together forever? You throw it away. [in whiny, girly-man voice] YOU STUPID BITCH! WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!! I’m hanging up. [click]

Lesbian Chic-to-Chic

Morning breaks, and Jay Manuel greets the girls and says it would be foolish to waste the gorgeous backdrop of this Italian villa, so today’s shoot will take place there. The catch? Today’s shoot will not only be in pairs (April with Mercedes, Yoanna with Shandi), but BUTT-NEKKID! Alex Martinengo and Amilcare Incalza will be tag-teaming the girls—sorry, don’t get to excited, that means they will be shooting the two teams from two different angles, and Nolé Marin will be styling them with “long, straight Italian weaves” and nothing else (other than shoes—see they’re not completely naked!).

Yoanna is tad bit alarmed at the news, but April is appears positively delighted. April says, “I’d rather pose nude than with clothing on.” She does her best to reassure a reticent Mercedes. They all head out to their shoot locations. The long hair looks fabulous on every one of them. “We’re not nervous about posing nude with each other because we’re comfortable with our sexuality,” Yoanna states, for the record. “We may not be as high-fashion as them,” April begins, with her arm around Mercedes’ waist, “but when I think about the boys at home, and who they’d rather see naked on top of each other, I have a feeling it might be us,” she says pulling Mercedes in tight. Rowr. I keep expecting a 900 number to scroll across the screen, but alas, one never does.

Yoanna and Shandi pose first, outside on the dock by the lake. “Remember, sensual not sleazy,” Jay instructs them. Shandi and Yoanna do look lovely together. Yoanna works hard to conceal her flaws and earns praise from Jay and Nolé, however, they also are noticing that Shandi is “really not paying attention.” Shandi admits that it’s due to her conversation with Eric the night before.

Waiting for their turn, April strategizes with Mercedes, stating firmly, “You’re the passive female, doe, and I’m the buck.” Woohoo, April—I never figured her to be one of those “femme in the streets but butch in the sheets” types! It seems like Mercedes is perfectly willing to let April take over; it’s probably comforting in the nervous mood she’s in. April says that she wants this shoot to go well because she doesn’t want Mercedes or herself to go home as a result of a bad photo. April’s assiduousness peeved Jay, who felt like she “over-directed each photograph.” Jay complains to Nolé, “April is almost trying to take over my job!” He also says that Mercedes seemed “lost” and “allowed April to boss her around.” Mercedes counted the minutes till it was over, then breathed a sigh of relief once it was.

Coffee Talk

The girls finally leave Villa Camilla, and meet Tyra at a quaint outdoor café for cappuccinos and a heart-to-heart chat. Tyra, of course, talks about her favorite subject: herself! She says that she had to do every kind of photo shoot that the girls have done for the show, including a girl-on-girl. It seems like now that time has passed, the girls have gotten more comfortable with Tyra, enough to let out some pretty personal confessions. April admits that she feels “sexual tension” in the judgment room, and Tyra immediately replies, “You’re tense because you want Nigel.” Interesting…WATCH OUT, NIGEL’S HAPA WIFE!!!

Shandi asks Tyra if she’s ever cheated on anyone. Tyra stops for a second and gives Shandi one of her strange, cold stares before saying, “I’ve never cheated on a boyfriend.” Of course not, people, when will you learn that Tyra is perfect in every way, shape and form? Tyra proceeds to talk about the boyfriends who have cheated on her, and about how it hurt. Shandi looks increasingly cowed as Tyra talks on. Tyra asks if Shandi’s boyfriend cheated on her. Shandi shakes her head, no, then admits that she was one who cheated on Eric. “Everybody’s messed up, Shandi,” Tyra says, “I’m not judging you, but I think we do have to work against our carnal desires...” Tyra then proceeds to give Shandi a lecture on relationships. The coffee klatsch ends with more innocuous topics related to modeling, before Yoanna thanks Tyra for allowing them to be a part of this experience.

Back at the Milano apartment, Shandi calls Eric again. He asks if she wants to stay in this relationship; she says yes. He then tells her, “I’m mad at you, but it’s subsiding, okay? I don’t want you to give up…” What can I say, I’m impressed. This is one nice guy.

Domo Arigato, Mrs. Roboto

You know how every elimination ceremony opens with an episode-appropriate photo of Tyra? Well, this one was so damn funny, I’m not too shy to tell you I nearly peed on myself when my big screen TV was filled with the image of Tyra-on-Tyra love: a picture of Tyra snuggling up with her own damn self! A picture does speak a thousand words, and in this case, it just opened up the thesaurus to “narcissicistic” and went running.

The girls appear before Tyra, Janice, Eric, Nigel, and this week’s guest judge Stephen Fairchild. In a cheap attempt to drum up drama, Tyra introduces Nigel as “a very sexy and noted fashion photographer” followed by a tense shot of Nigel followed by a close-up of April.

Stephen Fairchild administers the day’s test. The girls are to pretend they are just getting off a plane and have to go to a hip party. Using only the pants they’re wearing, a blue t-shirt, scissors, ribbon, safety pins, and markers, they must make a sexy new outfit. The girls get to work, and after a short, frantic period of time, they reappear to the judges for evaluations. Shandi says that because she couldn’t show off her legs, but wanted to show some skin, she did a one-shoulder look, accented with a ribbon choker. Tyra loves it and says she feels Shandi “could walk down the red carpet with that,” Nigel says that Shandi is “inspirational” and quickly becoming his new muse, Janice says that she just realized what “lovely shoulders” she has for the first time, and Stephen says warmly that he’s “proud” of her. Less warmly received is Yoanna’s shirt, sleeveless with a single bow on one shoulder: Janice thinks it looks like a “straitjacket,” Nigel thinks it’s not enough of a stretch for her, and Stephen claims it “just doesn’t cut it.” For a second, Yoanna’s eyes narrow in the briefest glint of…anger, perhaps, frustration? April says that she wanted to listen to Stephen’s advice to show off her legs, so she took her shirt and constructed a skirt and top out of it. Talk about your mixed signals, Stephen now says that he thinks April is showing too much skin! Janice thinks it’s not “model-y” enough, maybe belongs in a nightclub, but Nigel says he likes the underwear which is peeking out from the waistband (accompanied with a shot of Nigel ogling her with steely concentration). Everybody loves Mercedes’ shirt, which I would have to say I would wear myself. It has a plunging neckline (but not too low, Janice says, coughing and gesturing towards her own, navel deep décolletage), and ripped out, deconstructed sleeves. Tyra says it looks like some designer really took time to create it, and Eric concurs, saying it really looks like a top, not just a t-shirt. Stephen says that she should come work for him if she cut that well that quickly.

Next, the girls get to view their lesbo photos. Yoanna and Shandi’s is unveiled first. It’s a lyrically beautiful black and white shot of delicate femininity. I’m thinking Helmut Newton, and Nigel concurs. Tyra likes Shandi’s “padow”—meaning that Shandi managed to show a little back on that stringbean physique which Tyra says could potentially earn her a place in Sports Illustrated or Vicki’s Secret, mayhaps, where the big bucks are; “Make a lot of money and not just be a poor fashion girl,” Tyra says. Janice compliments Yoanna, as does Eric, who says “It’s amazing to see that you can be completely versatile.”

Next comes Mercedes and April’s pic, a rapturous embrace with April melting into Mercedes. Nigel says they look like sisters in this picture, a positive for him; he notes that it is completely different, much “softer” than the other photo. Eric says this pic is “more about the womanly curves of a woman’s body.” Janice thinks it looks like it could be used as a perfume ad. Nigel comments on how when he first shot April naked, for the Eve shoot, he thought she had a lot of sex appeal, and now that she’s naked again, “you’ve brought back that sex appeal.” Tyra then brings up a complaint lodged by Jay, who felt that April “tried to control the shoot and over-directed it.” April tries to explain that she was talking to Mercedes, and Mercedes even comes to April’s defense; still Janice says that “it’s really, really important not to overstep your boundaries.”

Deliberations get heated. Janice says that Yoanna “amazes” her. “She’s got rolls of skin that hang out over her jeans, and in this nude, I don’t see it.” Tyra says that it’s because “she knows how to model and knows how to pose.” Nigel calls Shandi, “the wild card” and everyone marvels at how far she’s come. Eric likens April to a mummy “because there’s no life in her”; Janice thinks April’s chopped-up shirt made her look like the “queen of the disco” (in my world, this is not an insult); Stephen thinks she “thinks too much.” April’s lone defender tonight is, surprise surprise, Nigel, who says that in the past weeks, “gone from strength to strength.” “You just like that ass,” Tyra teases him. “I do,” he admits, insouciantly. Mercedes, Stephen feels, is “brilliant” and “reflects erotic” in her photo (though he voices concerns over her “short legs”). Tyra says that for weeks she felt like Mercedes looked “straight off the mall” but finally, when she came in with her cut t-shirt tonight, Tyra felt she looked high-fashion. Janice clearly adores her, saying she wants to see Mercedes on the covers of Jane and Vogue. Nigel disagrees, he doesn’t feel like the fashion industry will “get it” and Janice snaps, “You’re crazy, Nigel.”

Time to hand back the photos. The first to be invited back is Yoanna; Tyra tells her that she must work on her sex appeal. The second to return is Shandi; Tyra tells her that she “gives hope to all the girls hiding behind glasses”—just say it Tyra, nerds. She gives hope to all the nerdy, geeky folk out there, but the judges question how much she wants this. The two left are Mercedes, again, and April, for the first time. They step forward, holding hands. Tyra says that Mercedes has been seen as too “commercial,” but maybe tonight’s cut-up t-shirt showed them a little of that high-fashion vibe they’d been wanting. She tells April that in her photos, she posed better than all the girls here, but modeling is not just about “being mechanical, but emotionally connecting with the camera.”

When Tyra hands the photo to Mercedes, both Mercedes and April break down crying. Mercedes turns to April and immediately embraces her, looking truly sorry to see her go. This is not an easy elimination, even Janice lets out an uneasy exhale. Pretty soon, all the girls are clutched in a grouphug around teary-eyed April. Bawling outside, April says, “I don’t understand, I always win everything…I’m not mentally prepared for this.” As we look back at her extraordinary performances in the photo shoots and commercials, we hear her confess, “Every moment that I spent here not in front of that camera, I was waiting to get back in front of the camera.” I feel a real tug of compassion for April when she sobs, “I can’t go back to do doing what I was doing, it was killing me!” She vows to do whatever it takes to make it as a model, because now she feels it is her “calling.”

No, no, no! I don’t want to see anyone cut anymore! Why can’t they all win? Write me at snowflakegirl@fansofrealitytv. com if you want. When and if I recover from April’s elimination, I’ll write you back!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

FORT Regular
    So good, so good! Thanks as always!

You're welcome, Barky! What a cute av you have, BTW!
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Ultimate American Idol RubenIZMyne's Avatar
    Awesome Recap Snowflake.

I too was upset about the cutting of the orgy scene. I was more upset about the fact that April was sent home.

Is it me or did anyone else notice that Janice D looked shocked when Tyra handed Mercedes her picture?

FORT Regular
    Thanks! That's Fuzz. I confess I'm still reading it--I was just so excited to find this recap waiting for me at my work desk, like an appealingly wrapped present. You have to say thanks before even opening it, because you just KNOW it's going to be so good!

FORT Regular
    OK, commenting as I go: I wondered about April too--Did Tyra say 8 people were hooking up in the same general vicinity because 8 people were really hooking up? Was she just trying to make it sound super-hot for ratings, or was it really what she saw on the footage? Maybe some of the guys were making out with each other, or sandwiching one of the single girls, thereby exempting the not-single April? What about Mercedes, who wanted some boy fun as much as Yoanna? Oh, how much we missed!

Oh Barky, we'll never know.

Quote Originally Posted by RubenIZMyne
    I too was upset about the cutting of the orgy scene. I was more upset about the fact that April was sent home.
    Well said, RubenIZMyne. I can't believe April is really gone!!!

Is it me or did anyone else notice that Janice D looked shocked when Tyra handed Mercedes her picture?
    I had read the look on Janice's face as pain for having to cut April, despite the fact she did support Mercedes.

Janice D. did have a weird look on her face when April was being eliminated-I can't describe the look except that she looked kinda constipated! Anyhoo, they keep saying that Shanthrax cheated on her boyfriend, however, didn't April have a boyfriend at the time as well...? As Tyra said ..."eight people making out at the same time...", so they all were kissing, but they only showed Shandi and talked about her alone! What's up?

LOVE IT, SFG! You so good you HURT!!!!!!

Thanks always for the great recaps!

I wonder why they didn't make a big deal out of her heating on her boyfriend. Or they might've broke up before she had sex.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast