Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3132333435363738394041

Thread: 3/16 Show Discussion **Spoilers until 1am**

Quote Originally Posted by kiki_687
    Mercedes isn't catty! She's the nicest one on there!

I like Mercedes, and do think that she is nice... but come on, she's hardly the nicest one, they all have their flaws.. Mercedes was right there with Yoanna talking crap on April, *and* she was the one that was making fun of Camille's acting wtih Sara... not to mention I think she was there when catie was making fun of everyones walk... so she's not all sweet and innocent, she's just as catty as the next
    "It's still cool to be sane. You're just supposed to be sane and medicated ." - Article from the New York Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by kiki_687
    Mercedes isn't catty! She's the nicest one on there!
    Mercedes was the one that said "Jenascia should have woke her own damn self up" when she was late for the photo shoot. (Which is true, but coldly stated.)

Mercedes snitched on Camille mistakenly telling Yoanna that Camille told Tyra she was bulimic. Camille was never my favorite, but I thought she got beat up WAY too much for that when Camille never said Y was bulimic. (Snitches, in general, are trouble. Didn't she learn anything from Cindy Brady?)

Mercedes made fun of April, called Shandi a dork/nerd, and probably all the other girls there a catty name.

All of the above & countless other things lead me to believe that Mercedes is not just dimples, curls and cutesiness, which on the other hand may not be so bad because her cutesiness makes me gag.

Just a thought . . .

I don't have any particular axe (right now, at least) to grind with Jay. But is it only me, or is anybody else wondering why, when April started directing the shoot, he didn't just observe it for a bit, then take matters into his own hands by telling her she needed to stop instead of complaining to Nole that she was taking over his job?

I sure would've, if it'd been me.

Kinda makes me wonder if he and/or the others have been told by Tyra or the producers: "Just leave 'em alone if they get out of line."
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by ANTMrox
    Yoanna's not sad. Mercedes and Shandi and the judges were, however.

Like I said earlier, "defeat" can now be added to April's repertoire, and that can be a good thing

remember when yoanna was making fun of april really badly in one episode? i hated that. it made me really dislike yoanna. (however, april saying "if i tap you, will you fall over?" to shandi was mean too, they've all said mean things about each other) i will copy and paste what i said on imdb about that:

i agree about yoanna talking bad about people really not putting her in a favorable light. she has rubbed me the wrong way from the beginning, but that was just extremely immature and knowing she was being recorded makes it a really stupid move as well. obviously we all have negative opinions about other people's behavior, but the difference between having class and tact and just appearing trashy is knowing when to keep those opinions to yourself.

as much as that bugged me, i guess i really would like to see her win now since she has loved and idolized fashion since she was a child. i don't really recall mercedes saying why she entered the competition or how badly she wanted it and why..shandi, well i know she was just curious and people told her she should be a model, i am not saying she probably does not love it now that she has experienced it, but it seems like the only one to have had a passion for the fashion industry way before auditions was yoanna. whoa, run on sentence.

FORT Fan
    I have to say I loved the whole Nigel/April tidbits this episode. Hehehe.
    They want it each other.
    Everything that grows holds in perfection but a little moment. - William Shakespeare

And itís all the treasures that shine in the street
    As we drive right over them
    And its all the mornings we missed for sleep
    As the sun glides over our apartment
    And itís all the subtle change in landscape and business
    Reminds you of your limited time
    This time youíll listen to the movement of your body
    How it keeps on despite you and it frightens you
    Cause youíre barely alive
    - Rilo Kiley (Jenny, You're Barely Alive)

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by ThisNerdyGuy
    I have to say I loved the whole Nigel/April tidbits this episode. Hehehe.
    They want it each other.

hey, april didn't rule out sleeping with a guy to further her career! wonder if janice passed along that information to nigel! (and yes i KNOW he's married, since when has that ever stopped anyone before? especially in fashion/hollywood industry!)

Ah, Yoanna also said she would be destroyed or something if April won.

oooooooo

As for the whole "over-directing" the shoot thing...I distinctly remember an episode where the photographer was harping on one of the models about not moving on her own and that it was annoying having to tell her everything to do and that it wasn't his job to tell her how to move. Um...okay. It seems like the modeling industry doesn't want to do any of the work, but want to have all the control.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvelyai
    As for the whole "over-directing" the shoot thing...I distinctly remember an episode where the photographer was harping on one of the models about not moving on her own and that it was annoying having to tell her everything to do and that it wasn't his job to tell her how to move. Um...okay. It seems like the modeling industry doesn't want to do any of the work, but want to have all the control.

Ahh... I remember! And I remember Xiomara saying about Jenascia how sad it was to have to have a photographer tell you how to move all the time, etc.