Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: smoky eye

smoky eye

does anyone here know how to do the smoky eye that jay manual was trying to teach the girls how to do?
    everyday is so wonderful........ then suddenly is hard to breathe

the smoky eyed look is something that Tyra is doing all the time...It makes me wonder why..she never has another "style" of make-up on. The hair also is always pretty much the same.

FORT Regular
    Naughty I've been wondering the same thing. Sometimes it looks awesome and sometimes I don't like it too well but, I would really like to know how to do it. I'm tired of doing the same ol' thing with my make-up. When I go out I kinda would like to do the little smokey eye thing but, anytime I try it..... BLAH!!! It doesn't look so great. Someone PLEASE help!!!!!

Hmm.. I remember it was black mascara and to use your finger to smear it XD XD

hahahahha no i dont think that is it with the balck mascara but porbably black eye shadow. one thing that i importana is to put the eye shadow, eye liner, then mascara but i want to know how to do the smoky eye!!!
    everyday is so wonderful........ then suddenly is hard to breathe

don't those girly magazines like cosmo teach you all of that stuff?

i can do a smoky eyebrow... does that count?

Quote Originally Posted by ANTMrox
    i can do a smoky eyebrow... does that count?
    hmm, I can't quite picture how that would work...
    Support bacteria. They're the only culture some people have.

Prep eye so that makeup won't melt during the evening. If you don't own an eye prepping product just wash your eye area, pat dry and dust a translucent powder over your eye area.

The crease and color order is very important to the smokey eye
    I often do mine in shades of plum and mauve as it works well with my olive skin and green eyes. so I'll use those as an example but you can substitue any colors as long as the tones compliment the same.

The first thing you do it to take the medium color, mine would be mauve and apply it from your lash line up into your crease. Continue until the area is well defined, with lots of attention to the blending process. Remember, the look we are after is smokey not paint my numbers.

Using the same color, sweep it around the corner and beneath the lashes to bring attention to this part of the eye. Taper off as you move closer to the inside corner of the eye. Blend with your finger on the bottom inner corners.

Next use a stiff angled brush and a darker shadow, I would use a plum here.
    Wet the brush slightly, (the easyest way is to just dab it on your tongue)
    apply the damp powder the same way you would eyeliner, working into your top lashline with a firm hand. #1

The reason you wet it is because it really makes the color stick to your eye and last a lot longer. if you have any leftover color on your brush get the outside corners of your lower lash line and then soften that with your fingertip. #2 Add a touch more to your crease with a dry brush #3

With your favorite Black mascara, coat the top lashes only so that they add a sharp definition between the dark of the makeup and the whites of your eyes. any more than 2 coats will give you clumpy spider eyes. Doing the bottom lashes is sure to leave you with Raccon smears later on, so skip those.

Finally if you want you can use a shimmery highlighting shade
    on the browbone. I like to use pink so that it's not too matchy-matchy
    I just press my fingertip into the color and dab it ever so slightly into the
    center of my browbone. #4

Adding anymore than that is going to look really dated and hookerish.

I know these arent the Best pics to go by, if you want I can take new instructional ones tomorrow :-p
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

did you really take a pic of your eye? thats so nice of you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast