Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tyra Banks in Newsweek

What Would Janice Do? littlecat's Avatar

Tyra Banks in Newsweek

There is an article about Tyra Banks and ANTM in this week's newsweek (with an unhappy Martha Stewart on the cover). The show the beauty shots of the final four and predict Shandi as the winner.

Its amazing to me that they made it to Newsweek! rock on ladies!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032542/
    here's a link, i hope, but they don't feature the final 4 online
    Last edited by littlecat; 03-14-2004 at 01:18 AM. Reason: to add a link to the article online

Urgh, I swear.

If Shandi wins, those judges are INSANE.
    Last edited by Frostelized; 03-14-2004 at 01:51 AM.

Not stupid, but taking a chance, I think.

Ok, lemme change it so I don't sound too cruel

What Would Janice Do? littlecat's Avatar
    hey newsweek put martha stewart on the cover, so how much can they know?

FORT Fogey
    id be happy for anyone who won but april needs to win this thing. if not her then mercedes. they arent giving mercedes enough credit. if we want a "top model" the girl has to be commercial and has to appeal to both men and women. april can do any type of modeling and thats why she should win. if not her mercedes cause in my opinion its better to pick a model whos more commercial then only high fashion like shandi. shandi cant be in victorias secret or sports illustrated. the biggest models are the ones that are in those magazines, the ones that are COMMERCIAL like tyra and cindy. i just think yoanna looks too old. i know they all are a little old to start a modeling career but to me yoanna is the only one that actually looks too old and if your gonna be a model, you have to have face and body. at least thats my opinon. we're going for TOP MODEL not so so model.

Quote Originally Posted by caramelbeauty81
    we're going for TOP MODEL not so so model.

FORT Fan
    Hmm.. must take a look at that Newsweek.

And, I think April looks old...
    Everything that grows holds in perfection but a little moment. - William Shakespeare

And itís all the treasures that shine in the street
    As we drive right over them
    And its all the mornings we missed for sleep
    As the sun glides over our apartment
    And itís all the subtle change in landscape and business
    Reminds you of your limited time
    This time youíll listen to the movement of your body
    How it keeps on despite you and it frightens you
    Cause youíre barely alive
    - Rilo Kiley (Jenny, You're Barely Alive)

Tyra Banks is a beautiful woman with a body that I would kill for! However, has anyone else noticed how many times she has been hypocritical throughout this season. For example, when she booted Sara for being "too sexy", while Miss Tyra is a mm hmm, Victoria's Secret model. ...But truly the funniest thing to me is when tyra shows the girls how they can "show more emotion" in their photos, and she shows them how, then all she does is squint her eyes. I find myself thinking , "Oohh, Miss Tyra, you are ever so genius, please once more show us how to squint our eyes just like you..."
    I have learned that gifts don't always come wrapped and treasures aren't always buried.
    - Bob Perks

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.CitizenKaos
    Tyra Banks is a beautiful woman with a body that I would kill for! However, has anyone else noticed how many times she has been hypocritical throughout this season. For example, when she booted Sara for being "too sexy", while Miss Tyra is a mm hmm, Victoria's Secret model. ...But truly the funniest thing to me is when tyra shows the girls how they can "show more emotion" in their photos, and she shows them how, then all she does is squint her eyes. I find myself thinking , "Oohh, Miss Tyra, you are ever so genius, please once more show us how to squint our eyes just like you..."

I thought Sara got booted because she couldn't make her bedroom eyes do the squinty thing. :rolleyes

And I've just got to say that Miss Tyra is way more commercial than high fashion herself, so I'm not sure why "commercial" is the kiss of death.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast