Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tyra Banks in Newsweek

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss
    I thought Sara got booted because she couldn't make her bedroom eyes do the squinty thing. :rolleyes
    Yeah, when Tyra puts "intensity" into her eyes, it can look like she's just narrowing them. So true.

I think Tyra used to be more high fashion. Now she's just plain commercial.

[QUOTE=I find myself thinking , "Oohh, Miss Tyra, you are ever so genius, please once more show us how to squint our eyes just like you..." [/QUOTE]

Support bacteria. They're the only culture some people have.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by caramelbeauty81
    i just think yoanna looks too old. i know they all are a little old to start a modeling career but to me yoanna is the only one that actually looks too old and if your gonna be a model, you have to have face and body. at least thats my opinon. we're going for TOP MODEL not so so model.
    I totally agree. I posted earlier today that in the EVE shoot photo, Yoanna could pass for forty. It just looks like a "She's hot for her age" kind of picture.

Referring to when she had a breakdown over the criticism... Not trying to be mean but she's so into the fashion industry, doesn't she know what kind of body cuts or doesn't cut it? I mean, if it's that obvious to the judges and the go-sees. Usually models are baring more than they're covering up. Face is not enough.

I don't think Yoanna looks terribly older than the other girls - rather about the same as April, who's the same age - but I think she looks more mature. She has gorgeous cheekbones and a classic look that I predict will be coming back into style. Fashion is moving more toward ladylike and away from skanky.

Quote Originally Posted by Boohoo102
    ...doesn't she know what kind of body cuts or doesn't cut it? I mean, if it's that obvious to the judges and the go-sees. Usually models are baring more than they're covering up. Face is not enough.
    I found Janice's comment to Shandi in the fourth episodes elimination (when they were supposed to accessorize their black dress) hilarious, something to the effect of "usually when models where that around their waist, they're trying to hind a big behind" (the irony of course being that she directed it to Shandi). Janice should do some stand up comedy. Sure beats boring Jay Leno ("let's see, today's headlines, eh" - Letterman is the king).

Imagine if Yoanna had applied at her old weight (something like 45 pounds heavier I believe), that would had been something. I mean, she's come down a lot in weight, she is among the tallest of the girls too if I am not mistaken (5'11). She is nowhere the "plus sized" Robin of the first season. I do think she looks old for her age, those facial features come across as old. But there is nothing wrong with that. Remember, there are some actors in Hollywood who live on their youthful looks, i.e. they always look like they're 20 something when in fact they're a lot older.

Tyra Banks in Newsweek, well she is a clever woman. One of the things that I think make Tyra so great (apart from her looks) is her verbal skills - she has a voice that is enticing, she knows how to use subtle variations of her voice in order to convey different messages. What bothered me in the first season, though, was her constant use of the word "passion" - she used it all the time ("models need to have passion" "passion" etc.).
    Last edited by fredlun; 03-15-2004 at 05:05 AM.

What Would Janice Do? littlecat's Avatar
    It looks like tyra and the girls will be on the cover of TV Guide next week too, there's a pop up ad for it at the upn site site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12