Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: ultimate top model

Devon Aoki definately has a....unique face, but it works. Kinda the same way that Carmen Kass' face works; not typically beautiful, but when the photos are taken, the results can be stunning.

And, yup Kate Moss was friends with Devon's grandmother or something like that, and she got her to take some pics and help get Devon into the modelling world.

I agree, since the modelling world is mostly 5'9+, shorter girls must have something extra, but at least there's hope to get in now. I'm sure before Kate Moss, no agents would look twice at anyone under 5'9.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by nora
    Devon Aoki definately has a....unique face, but it works. Kinda the same way that Carmen Kass' face works; not typically beautiful, but when the photos are taken, the results can be stunning.
    Yeah, modeling is not just about being pretty. I remember rolling my eyes right out of my head when Heather, upon leaving, said "I know Iím a lot prettier than any one of those girls standing up there." Just being "pretty" in the fashion world equals "forgettable."

true i agree with being pretty isnt necessary in becoming a model, but what i meant was i dont think she has a sort of spark or look that makes you take notice and be like wow-like no charisma! just a face with an empty heart. hahaha sorry if that doesnt make any sense
    everyday is so wonderful........ then suddenly is hard to breathe

Quote Originally Posted by Boohoo102
    I remember rolling my eyes right out of my head when Heather, upon leaving, said "I know Iím a lot prettier than any one of those girls standing up there." Just being "pretty" in the fashion world equals "forgettable."
    LOL, me too!! I was like "What the hell!!??" She completely missed the point. Modelling doesn't have to be about beauty, it's about a specific look. If you want to be printed for being "pretty" there's Maxim/Playboy/Hustler/UMM, etc to cover that angle . She just didn't get it.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by libra4
    not her own, but i hear she is dating her ex-fiancee again.
    christy turlington is married to ed burns. they have a kid.

Cindy Crawford, Kristy Turlington, Linda Evangelista and Naomi, who doesn't know these girl's names? Personally my fave out of these girls are Nicki and Kristy...what I DON'T get, is what is so great about Kate Moss, now she looked like she was on crack, skinny as she was!

Yeah I don't get what the big deal about Kate Moss is either! In all her pictures she always seems high or kind of spacey...
    I don't think I've ever seen a picture of hers where she has much expression in her face, or a picture of hers that has really blown me away. I've always sort of considered her kind of average in her modeling.
    "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it" George Bernard Shaw

I do adore Kate Moss as well. I dislike the look od death warmed over but when she doesn't have those dark circles painted on she radiates. I really thought about bringing her up way back, but I thought it woyld be wrong of me to say Kate Moss without mentioning the woman who first brought waifs to our attention "Twiggy" Lawson. Then I hit submit before I relised I hadn't finished my post.

Theres a lot of good ones at the site where I got these from
    This Other one is Large:
    KATE MOSS
    Last edited by ClosetNerd; 03-14-2004 at 10:35 PM.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

excuse my spelling if i make any mistakes,

christie brinkly, stephanie seymore, cheryl tiegs, claudia schiffer, kathy ireland(yes, even she), kim alexis, tatiana patitz, veronica webb, niki taylor, carol alt- were top models of the "supermodel" era along with the above mentioned

Elle MacPherson- i forgot her.