Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: ultimate top model

Supermodel of course!

She's been mentioned tons on the show, especially when Jenascia was still there.

Kate Moss is the shortest supermodel.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostelized
    Kate Moss is the shortest supermodel.
    Devon Aoki is definately working her way up, and she's only 5'5. She landed a big Lancome campaign, Chanel campaigns, she's the muse for Karl Lagerfeld and was in various films. YAY for the shorter girls

FORT Fan
    Christy Turlington. In creating/remodeling its permanent installation showing fashions throughtout history (along with visiting shows), the Metropolitan Museum of Art chose to use her as the model for all of their mannequins. Breathtakingly beautiful. She can do it all.

As an aside, I also have to protest the media's (and Janice Dickinson's) use of the world Supermodel. THE Supermodels, for whom the term was coined, not only were exceptionally beautiful, talented, highly-paid and well-known, they were celebrated in a way that the top models of today just aren't, because they hit it big at a particular point in time and in our cultural consciousness - models (and modelling) just weren't quite that big before Christy, Naomi and Linda, and they aren't quite so big now.

One of my favorite photos ever was a Vogue cover in the early to mid 90's with the Trinity (above), Estelle LeFebure, Elaine Irwin, Tatiana Patitz, Yasmeen Ghauri and some of the other top models of that time. They were all in white; stunning.

These days, I like Gisele.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by withoutasol
    my fave is kristy turlington-

i love the commercial where she's singing "what the world needs now"- i think her hubby and kids are in it too.
    not her own, but i hear she is dating her ex-fiancee again.

devon aoki is cool cause she is asian but her father is the owner of the wonderful resturant benihana and is filthy rich so i think that has something to do with it. like Paris Hilton but asain. but i dont think devon aoki is that pretty do you?
    everyday is so wonderful........ then suddenly is hard to breathe

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Delia
    Who's Kate Moss?
    Wow, it's kinda surprising that someone doesn't know Kate Moss because she was once everywhere too, with cK, Johnny Depp, being the shortest model, "starting" the ultra thin look, being one of the top supermodels... and one of the most recognizable I think both in name and in face. Even though she's not floating around as much today, most people will still think "Kate Moss" when they think "waif."

Quote Originally Posted by Nora
    Devon Aoki is definately working her way up, and she's only 5'5. She landed a big Lancome campaign, Chanel campaigns, she's the muse for Karl Lagerfeld and was in various films. YAY for the shorter girls
    I love Devon Aoki. Kate Moss brought Devon into her modeling agency, didn't she?
    I can see why Tyra wants a short girl and can understand what she was saying about Jenascia needing to have something extra. A short girl who has what it takes to make it would have to be really special. Kate Moss and Devon Aoki both pushed the limits when they arrived.

devon aoki is cool cause she is asian but her father is the owner of the wonderful resturant benihana and is filthy rich so i think that has something to do with it. like Paris Hilton but asian. but i dont think devon aoki is that pretty do you? but she rocks cause she too is part japanese and caucasian and is short

ooops said that twice

Quote Originally Posted by naughtynymph
    devon aoki is cool cause she is asian but her father is the owner of the wonderful resturant benihana and is filthy rich so i think that has something to do with it. like Paris Hilton but asain. but i dont think devon aoki is that pretty do you?
    I don't think she's necessarily pretty, but she does have a Lolita thing going on and I see something unsettling/mysterious/magical in her pictures. She reminds me of an evil doll come to life. (And I actually have a friend who looks quite like her, but she doesn't scare me.)

I like seeing short(er) models.
    I am hesitant to name an "ultimate top model" because I don't know enough about fashion - yet - but I think Kate Moss definitely deserves the supermodel title. So do Twiggy, Gia, Naomi Campbell, and probably others. I really like Linda Evangelista, too.

devon aoki
    Attached Images Attached Images