Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for Next Season

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceCase
    Do you think an American Idol type "America calls in" would work for this show? I don't think so, personally, since I'd rather leave judgement to the "professionals." Just another thought, though!
    You know, I have to go with you and JaniceD on this one, I would trust the judges' expertise for this show. I'm quite pleased, because so far this season, out of sheer coincidence, things have ended up pretty much as I would have liked in terms of eliminations, and the Final Four is exactly what I would have picked myself.

I'm scared that if we did give America the power to choose, that Clay Aiken would be America's Next Top Model!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I'd like to see more runway stuff. The recap episode where they had the divalicious drag queens was hiLARious. I don't recall seeing that whole segment at all in the 'shake ya booty' episode. Maybe partner each drag queen with a few girls and really help them develop their own original walk, and then have a real competition of whoever comes up w/ the most creative walk & outfit gets a prize, like a drag queen makeover, or something funny like that.

Or, howabout have them more in a real runway show with real buyers & see whoever worked it the best and got the most orders for their outfit wins a prize for the week.

Also, kinda getting tired of hearing Tyra's shpeal in the end of what they win (she already does a voiceover explanation in the beginning of the show) and being "still in the running for being America's Next Top Model". Something less wordy and different each time would be better or even just a simple "congratulations" is fine, or howabout a "you're fired" (w/ a Tyra neck-roll for emphasis) to the girl kicked out (just kidding! ).

Jcat80's idea of opening it up to International competition is cool too, but then it wouldn't be America's NTM, it could be a special edition: the World's NTM.

One last thing, liked the go-sees of the 1st season much better where the girls had to find their own way around the city. The number of appointments they actually make it to really proves how dedicated they are to the business. The girls this season being driven round in mopeds by cute Italian boys got off WAY too easy.

Quote Originally Posted by peachy-keen
    I'd like to see more runway stuff. The recap episode where they had the divalicious drag queens was hiLARious. I don't recall seeing that whole segment at all in the 'shake ya booty' episode. Maybe partner each drag queen with a few girls and really help them develop their own original walk, and then have a real competition of whoever comes up w/ the most creative walk & outfit gets a prize, like a drag queen makeover, or something funny like that.
    That's an excellent idea, Peachy-keen. That's exactly what the girls need: a drag queen mentor! I know that's what I had when I was a teenager, and it's how I learned to be fabulous (not to mention how to contour and put on eye makeup, okay! *does neck roll*),
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I like the anime ideas and also the idea that they need more runway shots. I think it would have been cool if they actually did a designer's runway show. (Tyra could hijack a friend like Donatella and convince her!) Also, I would love to see more motion or action shots.

Total non-sequitor (how do you spell that work???):
    I just finished the book The Devil Wears Prada -- it's fiction about a woman who works in the fashion industry. It is giving me a whole new prospective on designer?
    Shaken, not stirred.

IMO next season can be spiced up by reality tv cross-over craziness, like...

1. ANTM meets Fear Factor - contestants must chew their way through as many fermented goat testicles as possible before doing their walk on a runway suspended 1,000 ft in the air, and still look diva fierce... "fear is not a factor, bitch" *Tyra snaps snaps*

2. ANTM meets Joe Millionaire - the girls claw their way to the top only to discover, *gasp* the modeling contract is worthless

3. ANTM meets The Family - fearful bickering and pettiness abound as the aspiring models are kept in close quarters and eliminated one by one, by a mysterious "board of directors". Their gardener is really Tyra Banks in disguise, Janice D. as the chauffeur and Eric Nicholson and Jay Manuel cameo as the personal shopper/french maid (take your pick), Nigel Barker as the pool boy *rowwwr*

4. ANTM meets Bachelor - prospective hubby watches all the delightful shenanigans on hidden cam and proposes to one of the top 3

5. ANTM meets Littlest Groom - same as above, insert midget...

6. ANTM meets Survivor - girls are rationed finger sized portions of food and energy pills and thrown into Central Park where they will be forced to fend for themselves in survival challenges... (mugging hot dog vendors will clearly be against the rules)

7. ANTM meets Weakest Link - Walk! Apply make up! Pose! 30 seconds each. Which village is missing its idiot? Who is a french fry short of a happy meal? Which contestant's pose is like the batteries died in her vibrator? "You ARE the weakest link, goodbye!" Tyra chirps.

8. ANTM meets Real World - all the contestants are harbouring alcoholic and sexual addictitons.. the number of gratuitous orgy scenes is upped from once a season to weekly...

9. ANTM meets American Idol - Least talented models are voted to the top 3 by hordes of teeny boppers feverishly dialing their telephones... Simon Cowell and Ryan Seacrest make cameos.. Cowell is decked by Janice D. And Simon Doonen tsk tsks Ryan for dressing in whore style... "go down to the docks Ryan, check out what the other girls are wearing, and don't wear that." Ryan cries and is comforted by Jay Manuel as they apply peroxide to each others' roots while mouthing "fabulous".

Touch my bunny, stroke my cow.

I had a great idea last night (at least I thought so ).

Since most models who are starting out are teenagers (or pre-teens) accompanied by their mothers, it would be a hoot-and-a-half to get all those girls and their "stage moms" in one house together duking it out for the Top Model gig.

I'll bet we'd see fur flying between the mothers that would make the Camille/Yoanna wars look like mere playground scuffles.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Oh no, Miss Griss! I love your posts, but stage mothers scaaaaare me!

It's a huge reason why I stayed away from American Juniors.

Yeah, you're probably right. They scare me, too.

But for a moment there it sounded like fun.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceCase
    OK, I'm not taking credit for this, but someone on FORT (feel free to claim the idea!) suggested having ALL of the girls compete EACH week, and then choosing a winner at the end. I would love to see how each girl reacts to different shoots, and give them all a chance to develop a portfolio. And that way, if someone has a bad week early on, they can make up for it in upcoming weeks.

To keep the competition lively, they could give them some sort of ranking, to see how "favorites" rank higher or lower each week. This can be shown to the contestants, or just to the home audience.

I like JaniceD's suggestion of choosing girls who may already have started out and have portfolios, that way there's less learning curve to suffer through in this type of competition.

Just a thought!
    I was thinking just that myself earlier today. I could get behind that.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    They really need to up the runway ante. I think they should have to do a series of Runway shows, like the Graduate Designer Shows for the Fashion Institue of Technology. A series of shows, the pace would be fast and it could make or break a girl.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast