Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 93

Thread: Camille's UPN Chat Transcript

  1. #41
    FORT Fogey Frostelized's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northern Georgia
    Age
    27
    Posts
    4,122
    *cracks up a numbskull Camille comment*

  2. #42
    Not caring is fun! Matt64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,204
    Quote Originally Posted by SayYes19
    Get a grip! Camille probably didn't mean that Mercedes was ugly appearance-wise. Like the others said she probably thought Mercedes' attitude was busted since she snitched on her. I still wanna what she meant by that though. I need to meet Camille some day. How do you know if it is or not?
    I assume you're asking about when she comments that "killing people with kindness is the best way to seek revenge" as being part of Caribbean vernacular and that people misunderstood that she meant "keeping her friends close and her enemies closer".. I made my comment because both comments are part of the popular vernacular, and they are not exclusive to Caribbean culture.

    Either way, the question was something about why she would say such a thing and then in the same breath say nice things about Yoanna in the confessional booth.

    Regardless, her response only raised more questions than it answered.. and made her sound like a fool.

    Oh, and I'm pretty sure she meant that Mercedes was physically ugly. Most people (mind you, Camille has proven time and again that she is really not like most people..) wouldn't use ugly as a way to describe someone's personality if they had 1 word to use. I would say "mean, unfriendly, callous, rude, snotty, snobby, cruel". Ugly, while a perfectly acceptable way to describe someone's personality, just doesn't seem like an intelligent choice.

  3. #43
    FORT Newbie Xanthippe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    15
    I don’t think any of the models are exactly bookish. After all, the show’s called America’s Next Top Model, not America’s Next Top Rocket Scientist. It’s escapist fluff and the ladies are probably more familiar with Revlon than they are Relativity.

    My biggest gripe about the Camille situation is that I don’t understand why a confident woman intimidates some people. It’s as if it’s a crime for a woman to feel good about herself. Granted, there’s a fine line between self-assurance and narcissism, but that line is blurred here because we’re talking about people who want to sell their looks for a living. Camille exudes confidence. She never said, “Hey, I’m the sh--.” Tyra, the judges and the other models, especially Joanna, were obviously intimidated by her confidence and tried to break her.

    Why would Tyra front a modeling show? She's trying to stay relevant in a youth-oriented business. She’s over 30, so her runway days are numbered and the Camilles of the world should be perceived as threats. Do you think Naomi wasn't a diva before she became a supermodel? People don't change. Naomi's not the most beautiful model in the world but she's confident, and that's what sets her apart from the rest of her contemporaries.
    Last edited by Xanthippe; 03-09-2004 at 12:44 PM.
    Xanthippe de Chatterbox

  4. #44
    FORT Fogey Frostelized's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northern Georgia
    Age
    27
    Posts
    4,122
    " Itís escapist fluff and the ladies are probably more familiar with Revlon than they are Relativity. "

    With the exception of April. *nod, nod*

  5. #45
    Not caring is fun! Matt64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,204
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanthippe
    I don’t think any of the models are exactly bookish. After all, the show’s called America’s Next Top Model, not America’s Next Top Rocket Scientist. It’s escapist fluff and the ladies are probably more familiar with Revlon than they are Relativity.
    Doesn't mean they can't be intelligent as well. Elyse from last season was very intelligent, and April from this season is as well. If I remember correctly, April said she used to handle millions (or perhaps billions) of dollars in investments, so I think you're wrong to assume that these women are stupid.

    Quote Originally Posted by Xanthippe
    My biggest gripe about the Camille situation is that I don’t understand why a confident woman intimidates some people. It’s as if it’s a crime for a woman to feel good about herself. Granted, there’s a fine line between self-assurance and narcissism, but that line is blurred here because we’re talking about people who want to sell their looks for a living. Camille exudes confidence. She never said, “Hey, I’m the sh--.” Tyra, the judges and the other models, especially Joanna, were obviously intimidated by her confidence and tried to break her.
    Or perhaps her bad attitude and lack of humility irritated people. Camille did not behave the way most normal human beings behave. I agree that she was a very self-confident person, but that was never the problem. Nobody ever told her to be less self-confident, but her lack of humility and her boasting were what got her in trouble with the judges and with viewers. For example, on 2 occasions, she brought up how she beat out 6000 other girls and is on this TV show and yada yada yada. The way she spoke was grating and was obviously boasting. She should feel privileged to be on ANTM, she shouldn't boast about it. I hardly think Tyra or Janice felt intimidated by Camille. God knows if she were in front of me and spoke to me the way she spoke to people in her chat, I would have b*tch-slapped her.

    Quote Originally Posted by Xanthippe
    Why would Tyra front a modeling show? She's trying to stay relevant in a youth-oriented business.
    So?

    Quote Originally Posted by Xanthippe
    She’s over 30, so her runway days are numbered and the Camilles of the world should be perceived as threats.
    I don't agree at all. Tyra has had a very strong career for the past 15+ years. Camille is 25 and quite frankly doesn't have the talent of Tyra or Naomi. Look at her pictures, and listen to the comments from the photographers. Camille was difficult to work with, didn't take great pictures, and had a bad attitude. She is not a threat in any way to Tyra. Till the day Tyra dies, and probably after that, she will be remembered as one of the great supermodels of the 90's, and who knows what she will accomplish in this decade and beyond?

    Quote Originally Posted by Xanthippe
    Do you think Naomi wasn't a diva before she became a supermodel? People don't change. Naomi's not the most beautiful model in the world but she's confident, and that's what sets her apart from the rest of her contemporaries.
    Actually, were Naomi a diva in her early days, she would NEVER have been asked to work again. People don't like to work with people with bad attitudes. It's just a fact of life. Naomi has developed over the years a diva attitude, and while I may not like it, she has at least gained people's respect to the point where if she wants to be a b*tch, she can, I suppose. If you read the paper though, apparently Naomi was recently dropped from a photo shoot because of her attitude. Can you imagine if she had the attitude she currently has, back when she first started out? Nobody would work with her, no matter how beautiful she was.

    When watching last weeks episode, Janice commented that she would have slapped the woman who participated in the 'go-see from hell'. Tyra responded that Janice would have been out of work and homeless if she had done that. Janice displayed a diva-like attitude, but like Tyra said, had she done it when she was just starting out, she would be homeless and out of work.

  6. #46
    FORT Newbie Xanthippe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    15
    I said I don't think the models are bookish, I never said they were stupid. They were savvy enough to get on the show, so they can't be stupid. If April did/does "handle millions (or perhaps billions) of dollars in investments," it's under the direct supervision of a seasoned vet, no matter how smart she is. A few years ago her biggest dilemma was probably getting her parents to let her stay up past curfew. As for Elyse, I didn't think she was all that deep, either. She's just an EMT right now. I'll congratulate her when she becomes a doctor.

    What's normal? It seems as if you equate docility and self-deprecation with normalcy. If so, you're as bad as the judges. We're talking about models. Camille never would've made the cut if she doubted herself and I'm willing to bet you wouldn't want to "b*tch slap" a man for saying the same things. Why are you so intimidated by a strong woman? Camille obviously felt that she was pretty freakin' lucky to be on ANTM because she was so passionate about it.

    I don't believe for one minute that Janice was serious when she said she would've slapped the go-see woman. Janice is like a female Simon. Hey, that's her shtick and it works for her. She wouldn't have a reason to feel threatened by Camille or Tyra even because she's over 40. Tyra, on the other hand, does have a reason to be intimidated. She said in an interview that Naomi used to do "hateful things" to her when she was earning her chops like banning her from shows because she was "more famous" back then. She was intimidated by Tyra and maybe Tyra saw in Camille what Naomi saw in her.

    Yes, Tyra's a household name now and she's accomplished quite a bit for a model. Her biggest accomplishments to date are probably the Sports Illustrated covers. But lets keep it real. Outside of modeling, she's been nothing more than a few moments of eye candy for men (and probably some women) on the tube and the big screen thus far. And now that she's over 30, the offers are going to slow down considerably. Women (especially women known for there looks) have a very short shelf-life in Hollywood. No, it's not fair but that's the way it is. As for the CD... well, I've heard worse. I commend her for sticking her neck out.

    Regarding Naomi, I still say people don't change. Take Diana Ross, THE diva of divas in my opinion, her former Motown cronies have often said that she acted like a diva long before she became famous. I'd be willing to bet that Naomi was "dropped" because she's past her prime. It's been said that she was hell-on-wheels during her heyday and nobody dared put her in check because she was generating a sh*tload of money for the fashion industry suits. She doesn't have that kind of juice now and neither does Diana. That drunk-driving tape never would've seen the light of day when she was hot because she was making Berry Gordy rich.

    To say that Camille is less talented than Tyra and Naomi is subjective. Tyra and Naomi started out as diamonds in the rough just like every other model wannabe. Camille has grit. If she doesn't make it as a model, she'll make it doing something else.
    Xanthippe de Chatterbox

  7. #47
    FORT Fogey Frostelized's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northern Georgia
    Age
    27
    Posts
    4,122
    Wow... billions of dollars....

  8. #48
    Glitter Girl polexia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    171
    April= this season's Elese
    And I'm on tonight
    You know my hips don't lie
    And I'm starting to feel it's right
    All the attraction, the tension
    Don't you see baby, this is perfection

  9. #49
    Not caring is fun! Matt64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,204
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanthippe
    I said I don't think the models are bookish, I never said they were stupid. They were savvy enough to get on the show, so they can't be stupid. If April did/does "handle millions (or perhaps billions) of dollars in investments," it's under the direct supervision of a seasoned vet, no matter how smart she is. A few years ago her biggest dilemma was probably getting her parents to let her stay up past curfew. As for Elyse, I didn't think she was all that deep, either. She's just an EMT right now. I'll congratulate her when she becomes a doctor.
    Define bookish.. Do I think these girls are some of the brightest minds in our society? No. Do I think these girls are smart? Yes. I think that a couple of the girls are very intelligent. You make it sound like the fact that Elyse and April were not at the top of their respective fields, that they are not intelligent. My only point was, these girls aren't as stupid as you make them out to be.

    What's normal? It seems as if you equate docility and self-deprecation with normalcy. If so, you're as bad as the judges. We're talking about models. Camille never would've made the cut if she doubted herself and I'm willing to bet you wouldn't want to "b*tch slap" a man for saying the same things. Why are you so intimidated by a strong woman? Camille obviously felt that she was pretty freakin' lucky to be on ANTM because she was so passionate about it.
    I do not equate docility and self-deprication with normalcy. If I did I would be abnormal. Camielle displayed no compassion, no emotion, no understanding of people. I consider those to be traits normal people exhibit. If you watch the episode where Sara get's voted out, EVERYONE was crying. EVERYONE went over to hug Sara. My friend and I were tearing up a little, and we were not Sara fans. Camille displayed absolutely no emotion. Again, when Shandi was discussing how nobody in her family hugged her.. it was a sad moment. Everyone in that scene displayed some sort of emotion, except for Camille.

    I respect Camille's self-confidence, but I just can not understand how she can be as emotionally closed off as she portrayed herself. That point was only reinforced in the acting challenge. To borrow from Camille.. Not once, not twice.. she displayed a complete lack of emotion.

    As for b*tch slapping a man and being scared of strong women.. You obviously don't know much about gay men. Strong women and b*tch slapping men are what we live for.

    I don't believe for one minute that Janice was serious when she said she would've slapped the go-see woman. Janice is like a female Simon. Hey, that's her shtick and it works for her.
    I agree.

    She wouldn't have a reason to feel threatened by Camille or Tyra even because she's over 40. Tyra, on the other hand, does have a reason to be intimidated. She said in an interview that Naomi used to do "hateful things" to her when she was earning her chops like banning her from shows because she was "more famous" back then. She was intimidated by Tyra and maybe Tyra saw in Camille what Naomi saw in her.
    Naomi didn't create a TV show called America's Next Top Model.. a show which uhm.. if I understand correctly SEARCHES FOR NEW MODELS! The only hateful thing Tyra could have done to Camille is allowed her to stay on the show as long as she did, thereby allowing Camille is show herself to the world..

    Yes, Tyra's a household name now and she's accomplished quite a bit for a model. Her biggest accomplishments to date are probably the Sports Illustrated covers. But lets keep it real. Outside of modeling, she's been nothing more than a few moments of eye candy for men (and probably some women) on the tube and the big screen thus far. And now that she's over 30, the offers are going to slow down considerably. Women (especially women known for there looks) have a very short shelf-life in Hollywood. No, it's not fair but that's the way it is.
    What's your point? It sounds like you're knocking Tyra for the sake of knocking Tyra..

    As for the CD... well, I've heard worse. I commend her for sticking her neck out.
    My opinion of the CD (rather the single, as I have yet to hear the entire CD) is quite different, but I'll save that for another discussion.

    Regarding Naomi, I still say people don't change. Take Diana Ross, THE diva of divas in my opinion, her former Motown cronies have often said that she acted like a diva long before she became famous. I'd be willing to bet that Naomi was "dropped" because she's past her prime. It's been said that she was hell-on-wheels during her heyday and nobody dared put her in check because she was generating a sh*tload of money for the fashion industry suits. She doesn't have that kind of juice now and neither does Diana. That drunk-driving tape never would've seen the light of day when she was hot because she was making Berry Gordy rich.
    I'll be honest. I've never really paid much attention to Naomi, but I don't think she was 'dropped because she is past her prime'. She's still Naomi Campbell, and she still looks great. You have a very cynical and slightly paranoid world view.. I don't know if you're aware.. but I feel like I'm discussing these points with Mulder from the X Files..

    To say that Camille is less talented than Tyra and Naomi is subjective. Tyra and Naomi started out as diamonds in the rough just like every other model wannabe. Camille has grit. If she doesn't make it as a model, she'll make it doing something else.
    Best of luck to Camille. I don't wish anything bad on her.

  10. #50
    Luscious Pichus Pookipichu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    413
    April graduated with a Maxima Cum Laude, triple major from NYU? She might not be the next Sir Isaac Newton, but that's no small feat....

    my take on the matter :

    She's a genius, who will be secretly moonlighting as a future mascara spokeswoman...


    Touch my bunny, stroke my cow.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.