Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: EW's Final 4 Odds. Do you agree?

FORT Newbie
    Thanks for the compliments on the explanation, but if no one gets it, it still must not be very good!

I know no one REALLY cares about the math, but let's just take Yoanna again. Her 6-1 odds means that EW thinks if she were to compete in ANTM 7 times, she'd win once and lose 6 times. That's why you'd win $6 if you bet $1 on her.

Anyways, even though I'm rooting like heck for Shandi, my money's on Mercedes or April.

camille n jenascia shud still b in this damn show!

What Would Janice Do? littlecat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostelized
    I can definately see April as edgy. Did you see her Laundry photo? That is EDGEY.
    april photographs great, but on the show when she is presenting herself, she doesn't look edgy.

Well none of the girls look edgey when they present themselves on the show.

When say present, you mean just walking around the house right?

FORT Fan
    Well, I don't think any of them look edgy when they're walking around the house, that's for sure.

Now that we know what those stats mean (thanks cnidoc) I have to say I don't agree. But, I'm usually wrong so whatever.

Anyways, even though I'm rooting like heck for Shandi, my money's on Mercedes or April.
    I've been rooting for Shandi and Yoanna, but my money is on Shandi or April. So torn..
    Everything that grows holds in perfection but a little moment. - William Shakespeare

And itís all the treasures that shine in the street
    As we drive right over them
    And its all the mornings we missed for sleep
    As the sun glides over our apartment
    And itís all the subtle change in landscape and business
    Reminds you of your limited time
    This time youíll listen to the movement of your body
    How it keeps on despite you and it frightens you
    Cause youíre barely alive
    - Rilo Kiley (Jenny, You're Barely Alive)

What Would Janice Do? littlecat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostelized
    Well none of the girls look edgey when they present themselves on the show.

When say present, you mean just walking around the house right?
    i mean on her go-sees or infront of the judges, she has a conventional sense of style

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar
    Its good, April will win , but i think Shandi or Yoanna will come in second and mercedes 4th
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

True she wasn't edgey on the go-sees. I think the only girls who were edgey on the go-sees were Camille & Mercedes.

I really wish they would show some of April's goofy moments more. The only time they've shown her goofing off was when she showed her beer belly to the girls. On the website though they show a picture of April pretending to be tough and goofing around.

Quote Originally Posted by cnidoc
    If we're talking bookmaker's odds, Yoanna's 6-1 odds means if you bet $1 on Yoanna, and she wins, you'll win $6 (and get a total of $7 back). This is because Yoanna is expected to win only once out of every 6 times she loses; she has a 1/(1+6) = 1/7 chanceof winning.

You'd make the most money betting on Yoanna, meaning she's the longest shot.

Therefore, EW thinks:

1) Shandi/Mercedes (2/5 chance of winning)
    2) April (1/4 chance of winning)
    3) Yoanna (1/7 chance of winning)
    Oops!! My bad. Thanks for the correction. Since you are a guest, you may not have noticed how, ahem, serious folks are about getting it right with their faves.
    Shaken, not stirred.

Quote Originally Posted by IdolFreak05
    In this weeks Entertainment Weekly they give the following odds for the final four..

Mercedes: 3-2
    April: 3-1
    Shandi: 3-2
    Yoanna: 6-1

My question is do you agree with these odds?
    Wait a minute, all of you guys are wrong because I have this week's Entertainment Weekly, the odds are:

Mercedes: 3-2
    April: 3-1
    Shandi: 3-1
    Yoanna: 6-1

meaning...
    They think Mercedes is most likely to win, April and Shandi are about the same for second, and Yoanna will probably be last.

The article says...

MERCEDES Her lush lips ooze sex appeal, while her sunny smile endears her to even picky Dickinson [Janice]. Her endurance in the face of lupus makes her all the more admirable.
    APRIL The former account executive is the only Model wannabe who could hold her own with the Apprentice crowd, and her cut-throat drive would definitely impress the Donald [Trump].
    SHANDI We'd love to see this shy Walgreen's clerk blossom into a supermodel. The willowy blonde's stunning transformation had Miss Tyra gushing, "I was cheering you on like I was yo'mama."
    YOANNA Her flawless face has earned her a free pass on the judges' gripes about her body. But as the competition thins, her imperfections will become an issue.

I personally don't agree with them. I think Shandi or April will either be first in second, respectively, in no order. I think if April is first, Shandi will be second and if Shandi is first, April will be second. Yoanna will probably be third and Mercedes fourth, though I do not have a strong opinion on Mercedes and Yoanna.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast