Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The girl deals with a pervert S1

What Would Janice Do? littlecat's Avatar
    If I remember correctly, Adrianne didn't mention this to the judges as the reason why she missed her final go-see (or if she did, they didn't show it). I thought that really showed Adrianne's character, taking responsibility without making excuses.

I know this is a little off topic but earlier i read a post that adrianne has put up on another site here and now i can't find it. Does anyone remember what site she was on?
    Do i love you because you're beautiful? Or are you beautiful because I love you?

Kao
    Nobody likes to get groped by strangers, period. As a woman you don't know if someone s just touching you or if they are gearing up to try to do something else to you. Either way, strangers do NOt have the right to touch you, period. If I were her I would have screamed Pervert! and stabbed his hand with something very sharp.

Kao

Quote Originally Posted by Kao
    Nobody likes to get groped by strangers, period. As a woman you don't know if someone s just touching you or if they are gearing up to try to do something else to you. Either way, strangers do NOt have the right to touch you, period. If I were her I would have screamed Pervert! and stabbed his hand with something very sharp.
    my thoughts exactly; if they reach for ya make 'em pull back a nub where the hand WAS! Why anyone would be "embarrassed and not wanting to make a scene" in a situation like that is beyond me, and yet you hear things to that effect all the time, especially from younger girls. Wake up! You aren't the one who's in the wrong here!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by socalqt
    I know this is a little off topic but earlier i read a post that adrianne has put up on another site here and now i can't find it. Does anyone remember what site she was on?
    "Adrienne Curry real beauty":
    http://adrianne.diamond-road.net/

Adrienne Curry at testshoot.com (these pics are original content, great paparazzi pisc by the way, she looks great):
    http://www.testshoot.com/adriannecur...paparazzi.html

another fan site:
    http://www.adriennecurry.net

Fact of the matter is, she looks so much better with her hair back (chifon-style as the judges told her to have it) - compare this to Adrienne with her hair in the contact lenses shot.
    Last edited by fredlun; 03-06-2004 at 06:46 AM.

Fredlunsorry Boo Boo, but that sort of thing while common is still very upsetting to a woman when a stranger feels the right to touch a woman in intimate places. It's violation of the body. Remember rape is a crime of power and when a guy does something, yes even as remote as touching a woman where he has not been invited to touch her, it reduces her to an object and feeling powerless. I'm surprised Adrieanne didn't sock him.

And unfortunately, I have groped guys unexpectedly while in a club and they love it, go figure. So the next time a man feels me up I'ma pull a "save The Last Dance" move and hold on to his private area (very firmly) and see how he likes that. And I've trained as a boxer, I'd LOVE to see him take a swing at me!

FORT Regular
    Fred, I'm glad you qualified with "I'm a guy" too. I figured a lot of people would see that and think, like you did, that she overreacted. But whether that was the first time it had ever happened to her, or even if she had been through something much worse in her past--as so many girls have--I really couldn't blame her at all for getting so upset. Remember, Adrianne was the one who dragged herself out of the hospital after having food poisoning to make it to the judging. No Catie-esque whining in that girl!

She was very upset, she told me they had more footage of it, but they couldn't show all of it because it couldn't be shown on television.

I'm betting that Arianne had gone through something when she was younger judging on her reaction.... she didnt cry and whine when she was standing in front of those judges like the living dead! The new show just isnt as exciting as the first....I miss Elyse and Adrianne...Hell, even Robin! I

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12