View Poll Results: Who do you think will be eliminated from Ep. 9?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • April

6 6.74%
  • Mercedes

51 57.30%
  • Shandi

6 6.74%
  • Yoanna

26 29.21%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Who do you think will be eliminated from Episode 9?

What Would Janice Do? littlecat's Avatar
    Mercedes "obstacle" is her lupus, while she still suffers from it, she has overcome by competing with it, although i don't know that the judges would consider that, as for shandi and yoanna, although they have work to do, in the last elimination round both were complimented for addressing those specific obstacles. Nigel about Shandi, Michael Gianinni hasn't seen how far you've come from when you started this contest, and Tyra to Yoanna, every model has something to hide and this week you did it.

In that round they told April to relax, for what? the third week running?
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostelized
    That's not true. A ton of contestants have obstacles they haven't overcome.

Shandi's obstacle is her shyness. She still hasn't gotten rid of that. Mercede's is her cuteness and Yoanna's is her body.

How but that's like her only negative remark. Everything is outstanding. Honestly, I think the show might be making it a bigger deal than any of the judges even care about. April's trying you just have to give people time. And they told Shandi to try to overcome her shyness for how long? Since the beginning?

It's the same for all the girls so I don't really see how people can pick out April as the only one not making improvements when she doesn't really need any to begin with.

I actually voted for Yoanna, because they're wearing the "body" thing into the ground with her. How in the name of God can she fix that in just a week or two?

However, I'm also feeling Mercedes on this one, because they're wearing the "commercial" thing out with her, too. But, same thing as Yoanna: A two-week fix for her "commercial" looks? I'm no expert, but I don't think so.

My final opinion? Unless something REALLY off the chain happens, my money's on either Yoanna or Mercedes.

It's the same for all the girls so I don't really see how people can pick out April as the only one not making improvements when she doesn't really need any to begin with.
    But she has to feel it, not just do it. And that's more than making an improvement, it's crucial

Unless Shandi quits, judging from the last episode, it's good-bye Mercedes.

How do you know she's not feeling it though? As far as we know, April could be feeling it very badly. For example, on the Laundry shoot, they cut out completely April freaking out at the house that it might involve snakes and then her freaking out again when they got there. When you watch the show, you don't even think anything is wrong, April's face isn't even red or tear spotted!

I do agree it's crucial, but if her photos are the best ones out of the group, why would it matter?

FORT Newbie
    I thought that in the previews for the next episode where they eliminate someone it said that someone makes a big decision--then they showed clips of Shandi crying and on the phone with her boyfriend. But, then again, they're really good at editting the show so it could be anyone or anything!

... her freaking out again when they got there. When you watch the show, you don't even think anything is wrong, April's face isn't even red or tear spotted!

I do agree it's crucial, but if her photos are the best ones out of the group, why would it matter?
    You have a point there...

First of all I think top models are made not born.

If Shandi doesn't have an emotional breakdown next week and screw up royally and either quit or get booted off I think it will be Mercedes. They've been complaining about her being too commercial for weeks.

Yoanna.. I think the judges need to consider (a) that with the right training, such as pilates Yoanna's body would tone up fairly quickly. Personally I think ANTM should have been training the girls already.. boxing doesn't make you overall fit, these girls need targeted training. For those of you that hate Yoanna I have to ask if you were Adrienne fans from the first season?? At least Yoanna is articulate and well spoken. Sorry I was an Elyse fan and even after editing I think she should have won! Glad to see she was signed by an agency, her portfolio looks great!

April - I find her almost obsessive in her competitiveness. She seems more interested in the win right now then winning to be top model. She doesn't like to lose and I don't think she wants to be a top model as badly as she just wants to win and beat out the other girls.

Shandi.. I don't think she represents enough of the population. She would be great in Haute Couture and runway.. so she may win if she doesn't break down. Although I'm not so sure how she would handle the pressure. Remember she had a drug addiction and that's the kind of thing that easy to fall back on.. especially when she has no family support. And possibly no boyfriend after next week.
    If you want to know the character of a man, find out what his cat thinks of him. - Anonymous

FORT Fogey
    i think mercedes is going next. i think the judges have said so many times shes too commercial and not edgy enough that the fans are starting to believe it cause i was thinking that too and went over her pics again and disagreed. her eve shot was OUTSTANDING and looked the edgiest of all the girls. nothing was "Cute" about her there. she looked like a woman. i agree she would make a great toothpaste girl but with the right makeup and poses, she can be edgy. i dont get whats so great about yohannas face. again everyone kept saying that and i believed it until i really paid attention to her last week. even in photos, her face isnt really that pretty. its interesting but not that pretty. she always comes off looking like a psycho killer in her photos. take a look at her celebrity shot!