Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: You can always tell who.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mattio
    April - will not win because she hasn't established herself as a japanese or american model
    Please, this is the 21st century. :rolleyes

Amen. Please

Quote Originally Posted by martini
    I think you can tell who is go by this: who gets as much airtime as Shandi?? That person is going home! (Now, if they send Shandi home, that will kill my theory.)
    Wouldn't that validate your theory?

Well,brother's theory has to do with the focus of the show. Like who they focus on most. And the person who reads the Tyra Mail. It's like the producers are telling which person to read it. Then again he is 10.I thought i would just share his thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Kismet
    You can't deny all your life that you’re Japanese and do a turnaround like that. .
    When did she ever deny being Japanese. I think the fact that she doesn't choose one over the other and says she's mixed shows she cares about her Japanese background. Why should she deny her other half?

One of the agents said she's obviously of mixed blood. April then told the woman her ethnic background to inform exactly what that mixed blood was.

I see no turnaround.

Quote Originally Posted by ANTMrox I've heard from white friends that whites themselves often microscope each other within the context of "whiteness" Like [I
    Yeah, Kevin is mainly Irish but has at least one Dutch ancestor[/I]
    What the....I've never, ever in my life heard anyone making such a statement,
    or even heard OF it!
    Are you from somewhere besides the US? I mean, most white folks here are a mixture of three or more nationalities. I would understand people in or from European or Asian countries making such a statement, because there, entire countries are not composed of immigrants as is the case here, except for the very few Native Americans who have not been assimilated.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

well it was said to me... by a Caucasian male (American too) about Caucasians. and I've heard it repeated by other Caucasian male Americans in a half-joking half-serious way with much lighter diction of course. these are college-educated males by the way

so maybe females aren't as concerned with this type of stuff? it's like many females could care less for world war II documentaries, whereas men are more inclined to want to watch and learn more
    Last edited by ANTMrox; 03-05-2004 at 07:35 AM.

I've never heard it from men either...maybe that person is one who is very interested in geneology; I HAVE heard comments like that made from people who are tracing their family history, these people are usually just interested in finding out what their background actually is (for instance, someone might say, if it comes up, I'm 1/4 English, 1/4 German, and half Italian) ; I'm guessing it's not a matter of "degree- of whiteness" but I guess it could come off sounding that way.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb
    I'm guessing it's not a matter of "degree- of whiteness"
    Your guess is right. These are college-educated progressive-thinking dudes with not a malicious bone in their body. That's why I consider them friends. And to answer your question, I'm from the US (NYC) and I have black friends, white friends and Asian friends. It's a beautiful thing

oh heh, yeah i'm vietnamese, but i don't like april because she's asian. i like april because she works hard, is determined, takes consistently better photos, and is BAM! freakin beautiful, with a nice bod to boot- and cause she'd make for a kick butt model. saying that i prefer april over the other girls cause of race is like saying i like michelle kwan only because shes asian (sorry for bringing up this analogy again)- michelle kwan is a tripple jumping miracle on two skates. i like who i like regaurdless of race thank you very mucho (i am so much funnier than dat phan too).

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast