Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Photos from 3/2 Episode (Solstice)

XD I read your posting and it makes no sense. You were basically saying that all because they show Shandi a lot it will have her win and all because the people you like from other shows won means she'll win too.

Yeah, I'm thinking of making a website devoted to her after she wins.

Yeah, i have to agree with Frostelized. it seems we all have a favourite and want that one to win. You really were just saying that since they show shandi alot.
    But Shandi did do a great job. hm.. the outcome is always a twist

Quote Originally Posted by christosterone
    I think its cool she's a halfy, but she doesn't even seem to want to acknowlege it;
    I don't know a single bi-racial person that calls themself a "halfy" hehe
    I do believe she acknowledges that she's mixed. It's pretty obvious that she's part Asian.

on the ealier episodes she mentioned she doesn't indentify as being asian.
    I can relate being a hapa myself. I look more asian, but I don't identify as being Asian. Why? Well if Asian people are always telling me I'm not really Asian because I'm half, and everyone else tells me I am Asian because I look it...who is right? I just say I'm both, why should I have to choose one over the other when being mixed is far more exciting and unique.

Embrace your ethnicity.
    Why does it sound like everyone wants April to be proclaiming she's Asian or Japanese? She'll be marketed as that, no doubt. She never fails to mention she's half Japanese, she's not ashamed of it. Lay off the girl. Especially if you haven't been blessed with being bi-racial and bi-cultural...you may never truly understand.

What I understand her issue to really be is just that she doesn't want to be labeled as "The Asian". It is not all of her, it's only part of her.
    Last edited by pepperlola; 03-06-2004 at 02:04 AM.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 times
    Sorry, I forgot to post the close up of April's face for the person that asked...

[IMG]images/img/ANTM2_Ep8_AprilCloseUp.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks 13 Times for taking time to post this closeup of April that I asked .... YOURE THE BEST!!!!

thanks 13!

I thought it was weird when what'-his-face was telling Mercedes to stand like that, but figured he knew what he was talking about. After looking at the picture I have to say I think I was right, it []does[/i] look weird, I honestly don't get the "I just don't care vibe" he told her it would send.

She is beautiful in my opinion.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

the show is editted in lot of ways- they try to trick ya- *refers to bachellor bob*

Quote Originally Posted by DjDeluxay
    Yeah, i have to agree with Frostelized. it seems we all have a favourite and want that one to win. You really were just saying that since they show shandi alot.
    But Shandi did do a great job. hm.. the outcome is always a twist
    They did this last season with Elyse.. She said in an interview that they usually pick one or two girls who speak clearly to do the interviews. I thought for sure Elyse had won and was disappointed when they chose a girl who talked like she was a hooker down on the docks.
    If you want to know the character of a man, find out what his cat thinks of him. - Anonymous

Embrace your ethnicity.
    Not cool. :rolleyes Do you ask Caucasian girls to "embrace their ethnicity", huh, huh? So why do you think it should be compulsory for Asian girls? Aren't they even allowed a choice ?

IMO, some posters' pre-occupation with racial identity is ridiculous and, moreover, veers dangerously close to racism.

They are making the show to fit the model.
    This is debatable. If your claim is true, then last year's show best fit Elyse (who stole the show, IMO), and not Adrienne. Yet Elyse came in third.

Quote Originally Posted by nausicaa
    Not cool. :rolleyes Do you ask Caucasian girls to "embrace their ethnicity", huh, huh? So why do you think it should be compulsory for Asian girls? Aren't they even allowed a choice ?

IMO, some posters' pre-occupation with racial identity is ridiculous and, moreover, veers dangerously close to racism.

This is debatable. If your claim is true, then last year's show best fit Elyse (who stole the show, IMO), and not Adrienne. Yet Elyse came in third.

The implications that I am racism is unfounded. How does encouraging people to embrace their ethnicity come close to racism. If you could explain that it would be cool.

Furthermore, I don't know if it is the fact that I am from Canada and that our government supports a policy of multi-culturalism instead assimiliation like in the US that I feel that way. I am just used to people being proud of their ethnic backgrounds. For example, in elementary school and highshcool we had days off for Chinese New Year. Furhtermore, we have festivals in Canada that throughout the year supports the multi-culturalist aspect of our country.

I just feel that a person shouldn't ignore what makes them special- that's it .

april ISN'T denying her race, or her identity. she is refusing to only embrace one part of her identity. people keep saying to her, "you are asian, you are asian" and april responds "yes...but I am also irish, danish, german" (i can't remember if those were the exact identities, but you get the picture).

on the show they were telling april that she needs to embrace the asian part of her identity because people are going to look at her and only see asian. april was being extremely proud of ALL of her background by refusing to give up half of her identity. she wants to embrace all of it.

i think people felt you were bordering on racism because of some of the words you chose to describe people who are biracial.

also, why should people be defined by their race in the first place? you can't choose it. yes it does play a very big part in making you the person you are, but you aren't your race. you can have a separate identity from that.

i don't agree with the statement that race makes people special, or sets them apart. people who are practicing racists feel that way too. (i am not trying to say anyone on this board is racist, just merely stating my opinion that we should not define people as their race, or call them unique based solely upon skin color).
    Last edited by starrylea; 03-06-2004 at 04:03 PM.