Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Photos from 3/2 Episode (Solstice)

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    Sorry Frosty!

I thought it was interesting that Shandi's skin seemed to glow. With the closeups, you can see that glow effect on the others, especially April. Interesting photographer!
    Re-reading some of the other posts I just thought I would bring this one up on the list. I think we all need to remember that the photo is only as good as the photographer who takes it, the makeup artists who do the girls faces and who the hell put April in that horrible pose?? Really that crack Janice made about it looking like her vibrator ran out of batteries was rude (Although it did make me laugh) Whoever told April to lie down when ALL the other models either stood (hunched over) or leaned (Camille) I mean put April in that Shandi position and she'd look just as good. I think Shandi's skin glowed because the girls is so darn WHITE.. Compared to the other girls she looks like she lives in a cold climate and never sees light
    If you want to know the character of a man, find out what his cat thinks of him. - Anonymous

I do disagree with Christosterone ( sorry if I spelled that wrong ) about Shandi winning because of the Cinderella story. Sara was sexy, but not beautiful, and her photo's were one note. Canada does have a different attitude towards ethnicity, multi-culturalism is not only encouraged it is celebrated, unlike the USA where assimiliation is encouraged. I have met many asians who've lived in the Us and Canada, and beleive me they much prefer it here. I have noticed, that most ( not all ) of April's hard-core fans are either asian or part asian. My best woman friend is Phillipino & Latvian, she can pass as white, albeit a very exotic white woman, and it's funny, whenever she visits the Phillipines, all her friends encourage her not to go out in sun, so she "can pass". One of the interesting things I saw on ATNM this season, was when Xiomarra, did not want to be Grace Jones because of the dark skin colour. Tyra pointed that out, and cudo's to Tyra for that, one of her better moments.

How do you figure April's "hardcore" fans are asian, Lotus?

Because you are Frosty!! Withoutasoul, and Nausicca!!! I said many not all.

But we're only three people, so how is that most

Quote Originally Posted by Frostelized
    But we're only three people, so how is that most
    Pepperola as well, hard core April fans on the Fort. I would like to see an Asian a fan of a different model, but I haven't seen that on here yet, so I do suspect some bias. Somebody prove me wrong.
    Last edited by Lotuslander; 03-06-2004 at 08:54 PM.

don't forget moi (Singapore Chinese)

As far as I know, Pepperola isn't a hardcore fan, but April is one of her favorites.

I'm kind of offended of you thinking I and others only like April because she's asian. Does that mean people only like Shandi because they are "dorks" and had drug problems? Or People only like Mercedes because they have lupus?

I didn't know that AnTM, so you are the exception! Frosty, don't get upset, but people do have a tendency to lose objectivity and root for one of their own. I try to be as objective as possible. I'm just really happy that Antm is Asian and a Shandi fan. Frosty, I didn't say you like her only because she's asian, but, that probably influenced your devotion a tad, mais oui? I shouldn't have mentioned this, just being devil's advocate, so don't all you April fans go ballistic!!
    Last edited by Lotuslander; 03-06-2004 at 09:02 PM.

ew- lets just say i didn't post my pic up- would you have assumed that i was asian just cause i like april? Is it fair to say that shandi's fans are mostly caucasian and you know how the caucasians must band together... i am most vocal about april cause the arguments made against her i find offensive to some extent, and some i don't get at all (as if being an overachiever is a bad thing), but i happen to like mercedes and sara very much too.
    i'm pretty objective, and objectively speaking- aprils portfolio is stronger than the rest of the girls- even that thread about the four remainging girls' seems to agree for the most part.

that leads back to the april is only liked cause she's asian thing- we like her cause of her pictures and her work ethic