Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Interview with Camille -- She's Not As Crazy As You May Think

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotuslander
    My signature on a piece of paper for a crying fan means more to me that the piece of paper of a diploma. LOL. Now there's a beauty queen answer if I ever heard one. Janice you nailed it again. I've signed up for Camille's website, that was quick, like the fame hungry diva she is, she's going to take this and run with as far as she can go. What was that about Yoanna's energy boosts in powder form, sounds an awful lot like cocaine to me.....
    I think you misread that. Here's what was said:

You’re an advertising major with a minor in fashion at Howard, as you said. When will you graduate, and are you still planning to pursue a career in advertising?

Actually, I have 4 classes left to graduate, and I spoke to my school about putting together some type of directed study program, because it’s pretty much impossible for me to spend another year at school because of all the magnificent things and opportunities that are presenting themselves to me now. I am definitely going to get my degree. A lot of my fans come up to me crying and say ‘you’re beautiful and I want your autograph’, and I just want to say that that piece of paper with my name on it that means so much to a fan is not as important as my degree.

FORT Fan
    First off, you two need to calm down. I think that Lotuslander was insinuating that while someone may be formally educated and intelligent in a "book" sense, they may not have the common intelligence that allows them to portray themselves as intelligent. For an example, look at The apprentice. I forget his name, but the guy with the short spikey hair who only graduated high school (southern boy), demostrates common intelligence and is doing great in his interactions with people while Nick, who I believe has a masters, keeps messing up his interactions.

That's all for that...back to Camille

I can't believe no one mentioned that Camille said that pageants take talent while modeling doesn't. No wonder she looked so awful in that last picture. She doesn't realize that being able to manuever your face and body in order to obtain good pictures is a talent. If she really believes that modeling takes no talent then she should have lost.

Ultimate American Idol RubenIZMyne's Avatar
    Wow there is so much animosity toward this girl. One would think you all spend every day with her.

I am not a Camille-worshipper, and I am not a Camille-hater. I must say though, she has an awesome name. (lol I am also a Camille)

I am also from the West Indies, and Education is very important to us, as it is to many other cultures. My problem with Camille is that she does not respond to criticism well. My boyfriend and I watched every week as she was criticized for the same thing time and time again. In my opinion, she wants to walk before she can creep.

However, I also feel that the show was geared to make you hate her. She was NEVER portrayed in a positive light. No one ever had anything good to say about her, yet she somehow managed to get chosen for the show. Of course, I don't know what was going on behind the scenes, but I certainly wasn't provided with any evidence to show that she was as horrible as everyone made her seem.

One last note... Where I come from, Mercedes would have gotten her azz whooped for running her mouth like she did. In one of her interviews she said Camille was one of the girls she was afraid of. She couldn't wait to go running er mouth to Yoanna. That turned me off completely.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by RubenIZMyne
    One last note... Where I come from, Mercedes would have gotten her azz whooped for running her mouth like she did. In one of her interviews she said Camille was one of the girls she was afraid of. She couldn't wait to go running er mouth to Yoanna. That turned me off completely.
    Mercedes gave Yoanna the chance to defend herself against Camille's insinuations. I thought it was the honorable thing to do in the circumstances.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyBravo
    First off, you two need to calm down. I think that Lotuslander was insinuating that while someone may be formally educated and intelligent in a "book" sense, they may not have the common intelligence that allows them to portray themselves as intelligent. For an example, look at The apprentice. I forget his name, but the guy with the short spikey hair who only graduated high school (southern boy), demostrates common intelligence and is doing great in his interactions with people while Nick, who I believe has a masters, keeps messing up his interactions.

That's all for that...back to Camille

I can't believe no one mentioned that Camille said that pageants take talent while modeling doesn't. No wonder she looked so awful in that last picture. She doesn't realize that being able to manuever your face and body in order to obtain good pictures is a talent. If she really believes that modeling takes no talent then she should have lost.

I hear ya Matty. Trust me, I'm calm. I don't take his/her comments very seriously (hence my meds comment). It's all fun to me. And my apologies to the board members that may have been annoyed by the posts.

Has heard anything else about Camille calling Mercedes ugly?

Quote Originally Posted by BabyChica
    And my apologies to the board members that may have been annoyed by the posts.
    And apology accepted BabyChica!

smoooch! makeup kisses

JaniceDlovesmakingup!

TV Guide Interview with Crazy Camille!!!

I saw this on the Camille thread and had to borrow it.
    Check out her quotes on this one! Someone should frame these. They are hilarious!!!

Top Model's Witch Burned!
    by Daniel R. Coleridge

This week, fans of UPN's America's Next Top Model weren't singing along with Tyra's "Shake Ya Body." Nah, they were merrily humming a more familiar tune: "Ding-dong, the witch is dead!" Why? 'Cause that lying, egomaniacal troublemaker Camille McDonald went down, baby. Here, TV Guide Online grills the dethroned drama queen on her litany of sins. And just so you know, there's no sarcasm in her responses. She's for real.

TV Guide Online: You're the most dramatic Model of the bunch!
    Camille: [Giggles] Yes, I'm the girl everyone loves to hate.

TVGO: Were you acting diva-esque just to stand out on TV? Or are you for real?
    Camille: I wasn't acting, I was being myself. I am 26 years old. A lot of the girls are 18 and they've never been away from home before. I'm not a supermodel — that's why I'm on the show — but I'm more experienced. I went to college, I've been in a lot of pageants, I've graced the pages of Glamour magazine, I've done stuff for Chanel and I've had internships with W magazine and Diane von Furstenberg. For me, it's either now or never. My level of competition is higher than these fresh 18-year-olds.

TVGO: Do you stay in touch with that good-lookin' Italian with the Vespa? What's his name?
    Camille: Um, I forgot! We don't stay in touch, no. But I have everyone's information who I worked with throughout the show. But he was great and really gave me the support I needed. I'm happy that I had a good connection with my driver, because it was his responsibility to bring me to each go-see. He even bought me ice cream, or as we call it in Italy, gelato. He had a girlfriend and I have a boyfriend.

TVGO: Was it annoying that Yoanna kept referring to you two as "Ebony and Ivory"? It was cute once!
    Camille: You know how they say, "Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer." Yoanna has a distaste for me, for whatever reason, which is unfortunate. She's beautiful; that's why I told her to get her portrait drawn [by the street artist] because I wanted her to have some of that self-confidence that I have. One reason Yoanna didn't like me was I had something she didn't.

TVGO: You hinted at dinner that Yoanna has an eating disorder. Did that contribute to your downfall since Tyra knew you were back-stabbing?
    Camille: That was messed up. There's things Yoanna did to me behind the scenes — I didn't run to Tyra to complain. But I understood she didn't want her weight issue to affect her chances of winning. That's the avenue she chose to deal with it.

TVGO: Wasn't Yoanna right to talk to Tyra, since you told a lie about her?
    Camille: No, I didn't tell anyone a lie. I want to clarify this. They asked at dinner, "Does Yoanna disappear a lot?" She went to the bathroom and was gone for awhile. The girls were like, "No, she doesn't disappear a lot." So I said, "Yeah, she does." To do what, I don't know. She could have gone off to a corner to pray for all I know! Yoanna did take a lot of energy supplements, like Red Bull. But she lost a lot of weight healthily, with a personal trainer. She doesn't have an eating disorder and I wasn't trying to sabotage her. I'm a bigger person than that.

TVGO: What's up with your crazy "signature walk." Will you reconsider it after watching yourself?
    Camille: I can walk any way a designer wants me to walk. You never know, you might see my walk on a runway somewhere!

TVGO: Will you make an attempt to be less boastful and curt with people?
    Camille: Yeah, definitely. I learned a lot from watching the show. Seeing myself from the outside gave me a lot to think about. Nobody is perfect. We all have our flaws. Janice came down on me for my bitchy attitude, but she was a diva in her day! People think I'm the sistah with attitude and the girl people love to hate, but it's working to my benefit. My phone is ringing off the hook!

HAHAHAHA
    Oh lord...again with the Gelato. She's convinced noone knows what Gelato is.
    Scene: JaniceD squinting at the screen. "G-E-L-A-T-O...what is this you call Geeelahtoh?"

TV Guide says her walk is crazy!
    Hahahhaa...

I admit..the most fabulous thing about Camille is her defiance to every person who says she's horrible. She's right, everyone else is wrong.
    Fantastic.

JaniceDlaughingoutloud

FORT Regular
    Yeah, at least she's consistent.

They have gelato at Haagen-Daaz, for pete's sake, Camille.

I saw some gelato while in PA. It looked like whipped cream!

FORT Regular
    I mean actually, it's not quite ice cream. I don't know what they do differently but the consistency is different (mmmmm; while in Venice I managed to justify--to myself that is--eating it about 2-3 times a day). That's how I also justify having bagels and pizza in NYC--it's the specialty here, right? So I am actually obligated to partake.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast