Thread: Skin vs. Lots of Clothes

not afraid to frolic

Skin vs. Lots of Clothes

Ok- Thanks to the recent post about picking favorite shots from last year...

It is so striking how much skin was exposed over and over last year and how little has been done this year. What is going on with this? Are they just trying to be different? Were there complaints and they are going more conservative? (Like the switch to head shots on the Eve photos?)

I personally want more skin shots- lots of modeling involves that and I want to see how much these women can pull it off. No pun intended.

Maybe it's all backlash from nipplegate?

FORT Newbie
    Honestly, maybe they knew that if they were showing a lot of skin, one of their(the judges) favorites, Yoanna, would have been eliminated early on. She looks better with more on rather than less.

I think they just picked the photo shoots before hand.

They probably decided since last season was so much skin, they wanted a different approach this season and I like it! It's more fun with them in different variety of clothes. I mean how creative can a photo shoot get if the girls half naked all the time, right?

i do think they should have a bathing suit/lingerie shot...i am gunning for the lingerie shot next week. another one of my favorites is modeling a pair of pants, no shirt---I think that a lot of "top" models do these kind of shots nowadays.

i like a lot of the shots they have done this year, compared to last year, but i still think we are missing out on this....like it or not, models DO show a lot of skin.

Quote Originally Posted by lloyddobbler
    Honestly, maybe they knew that if they were showing a lot of skin, one of their(the judges) favorites, Yoanna, would have been eliminated early on. She looks better with more on rather than less.

Since these shoots hire professionals and locations which likely have to be booked pretty far in advance. I think that the idea that they chose the shoots in order to progress Yoanna forward is probably not particularly likely.

Also, keep in mind, this show was "in the can" before the Janet/Justin incident so it's not likley that influenced their decision. They probably wanted to find a way to differentiate it from last season. Last season = heaps of skin & this season = whack fashion and physically challenging shoots (underwater, suspended in air).
    Shaken, not stirred.