Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Adrian is a Top Model?

Laballatician

Adrian is a Top Model?

I think this show lies to its stars.

I dont trust anything that bleeds for 5 days and doesn't die!

Would you happen to be a guy? lol

what do you mean? that they lied to adrian about becoming a top model? my guess is she doesn't care that she's not in the same ranks as tyra... the fact is, she got a modeling contract which allowed her to pick up some jobs making her a whole lot more money than she was making plus allowing her to work in the profession of her choice. regardless of whether she's a top model or not, she's got a pretty lucrative career now compared to her prior status.

Quote Originally Posted by TellTaleOrange
    I dont trust anything that bleeds for 5 days and doesn't die!

Would you happen to be a guy? lol
    possibly, but that line is from the southpark movie.

Laballatician
    True, Adrian is in a better position now, but she's not a top model. I think they get these models hopes up for something they can't deliver on. Look at American Idol. They put their winner on magazine covers, talk shows, they promote the hell out of them. If theyre gonna claim that the winner will be a top model, they should deliver. Put her on magazine covers, get her some airtime on talk shows. Adrian didnt even make the cover of Marie Claire.

yeah, i was disappointed with that, too, laballatician. ( and welcome to the fort, btw!)

i would have liked a lot more publicity for adrian, too. i wonder how they define "top model."

they didn't promise her the cover of marie claire- it was stated that she would get a fashion spread- the show from the first season promised representation from wilhemina (sp?), a marie claire spread, and revlon contract (which i believe for adrianne, is still in the works)... what she didn't expect was the diamond jeweler spokesperson gig, and a guest spot on a tv show.

but then you have to realise that models in particular aren't household names anymore- even bigger models like gisele aren't recognized by everyone.

yeah, i know they didn't promise the cover of marie claire, but i think they should have made her the cover model. definitely should have given her more publicity in an effort to get her the high dollar top model gigs. many of the beauties that are known by name get gigs like si: swimsuit edition not ONLY b/c they are beautiful, but also b/c they are popular. i have to agree with laball that by naming the show "america's next top model" they are promising more than they can deliver. yeah, they deliver a helluva lot, but not a top model according the definition that i understand.

Laballatician
    Quote Originally Posted by withoutasol
    they didn't promise her the cover of marie claire- it was stated that she would get a fashion spread-

True, they delivered on what they said they would do. And you know what? American Idol only promises a record deal. And yet you see Ruben Studdard on Rolling Stone, and on Oprah, and, basically, everywhere. Why? Because its called American IDOL. And this is called America's Next TOP Model. They're delivering on the model part, but theyre not putting in that extra ingedient for the show to live up to its full name.

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast