Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I can't be the only one getting ticked off by this show

Anti All Things CoverGirl

I can't be the only one getting ticked off by this show

I LOVE ANTM. I don't know why. I look forward to it every week. But after these last 2 episodes, I'm about ready to abandon ship. The whole soap opera acting thing last week was horrible. Unwatchable, really. Okay, I get the whole "models have to have charisma" thing, but would someone please explain to me what, in the name of all that is holy, charisma has to do with that scene, which was too cheesy even for daytime tv? It was dreadful and embarrassing. I couldn't even laugh at Camille! I had to avert my eyes.

Modeling and acting are the same? Ahem, I beg to differ. Models have to know how to emote, using just their face and body language. It's not the same as acting out dialog and kissing some beefcake soap actor on cue. It's not that one is better or more difficult than the other. But they are NOT the same. Anyone who thinks modeling and acting are two sides of the same coin need to pick up the phone and give Cindy Crawford a call. Anyone remember "Fair Game"? Yeah, me neither. Lemme think of all the supermodels I know of who've been in even ONE successful movie or tv show. Hmmmm... Angie Everheart? Nope. Kathy Ireland? Negatory. Elle MacPherson? Nuh-uh. Naomi Campbell? Puhleeze. The only one I can think of is Rebecca Romijin, and she had HOW many lines in X-Men?

My point exactly.

And then this week. What the hell is going on? They want to cut Yoanna because she's an inadequate video ho? That's the criteria for winning? Please. Someone connect the dots. Show me the connection between high fashion and booty shaking. Gee, what percentage of time do you suppose the average high fashion model spends shaking her butt in the background of some lousy pop video? And the blatant Tyra Tyra Tyra-ness of it all. Oy vay. I'm a Tyra fan, but I've had just about enough. If only I could warp out of this horrible alternate universe where America's Next Top Model has nothing to do with modeling and everything to do with TyraTyraTyra.

I'm fed up, y'hear? Seriously. Next week's show had better be stellar, or I'm going to go all Jackie Chan on someone's ass. (Most likely that twit from Jane magazine, if I can find him.)

(sigh.) I am spent.
    [end rant]

Rebecca Romijin was also in femme fetale, molly sims is in the show "las vegas"- there are other model actresses out there. but i agree- the show isn't fun to watch as it used to be. drama drama drama. i want to see more photoshoot and how well they do

i'd like to see more judge deliberation as well

Quote Originally Posted by withoutasol
    i'd like to see more judge deliberation as well

~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

What did you say, Simon? krstlfethr's Avatar
    elle macpherson was on friends, too...but yeah, it's a bit of a side track...
    "[t]he soul is the effect and instrument of political anatomy: the soul is the prison of the body."
    -Foucault

Isabella Rosselini, is the exception, and Anjelica Huston started her career as a model, as did Charlize Theron.

I saw Isabella Rosselini on Alias (my favorite show) this season. I didn't even know who she was until Alias, but after watching the episode, she's a little scary looking. The really short hair cut makes her look like a man, as does her face.

If anybody remembers Tyra's camio in Fresh Prince of Belaire they are laughing at the idea of models having to be able to act. The key to models being in a movie or a show...or a music video(sigh), is that they should never play a role that is too far from who they are. Elizabeth Hurley in Austen Powers was an uptight british spy who falls for a slutty brittish guy with bad teeth and a goofy haircut. Now Hugh Grant is a nice looking man, but he has terrible teeth and his hair has seen some trying times(the mushroom cut is not a classic look). There is no doubt that Hugh is promiscuous and british, and Liz Hurley is pretty uptight and british as well. She may not be a spy or with hugh Grant anymore...but the role wasn't a stretch....and she was great in it. So there you have it.So what if a model can't act as long as she can pretend there's a stcik up her butt while she's walking....I'm in a strange mood tonight.

Kao
    I just read this month's issue of Jane, and they said that Mr Tibbles won't even tell THEM who won, lol! Apparently people have been sending them emails about it.

I swear I can picture that man licking himself clean...just like a cat!

There HAVE been models in music videos, it was in the 90's though, when the word 'supermodel' meant something.

Anyone ever seen the Freedom 90' video by George Michael? It had Naomi, Cindy, Linda, Tatiana, Christy, that is a BRILLIANT video, no sarcasim there, but now its not really fashion models that are in videos, they have video models that are bigger in legs and but or whaterver

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast