Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I can't be the only one getting ticked off by this show

Lurky McLurkington
    In the glittery & glamorous city of Chicago
    Don't forget that Cameron DIaz also started out as a model.

Yeah thats right about Cameron. Now she is you can say a top actress.
    The only thing i am ticked off is that they cut the potential and left the ratings.

the show isn't called America's Next Top Model/Actress/Dancer/Fahionista/Personal Style Goddess....

They are going way too far..It is hilarious to watch though..

Quote Originally Posted by RachelC
    the show isn't called America's Next Top Model/Actress/Dancer/Fahionista/Personal Style Goddess....

They are going way too far..It is hilarious to watch though..
    its not called America's Next Model either.

Anti All Things CoverGirl

guess I was wrong

Guess I was wrong, I AM the only person getting ticked off. LOL

And in defense of my "modeling does not equal acting" argument, I will add that if they were the same, then supermodels would be super actors as well, no? While it's true that many of the ladies mentioned in this thread started out as models, there are very few who didn't completely abandon modeling early on to move into acting. Brooke Shields is the only one, I think.

Ali Larter? Natasha Henstridge?

Quote Originally Posted by lifeisastory
    Guess I was wrong, I AM the only person getting ticked off. LOL

And in defense of my "modeling does not equal acting" argument, I will add that if they were the same, then supermodels would be super actors as well, no? While it's true that many of the ladies mentioned in this thread started out as models, there are very few who didn't completely abandon modeling early on to move into acting. Brooke Shields is the only one, I think.
    I read the great article Withoutasol gave us in "Elite Model Look vs. ANTM" thread. It said the supermodels are dissapearing, because even those who are very famous in the industry still can't be a household names, like Kate Moss succeded to be.. And even in Vogue etc, many top fashion magazines, actresses are taking over the covers more and more than they ever did before. so maybe a super actress these days could be a supermodel,,,

Well strange thing is a movie star do photo shoots and movie shoots. They are on magazines, etc.
    Supermodels are only in fashion shows, magazines and maybe music videos.
    Music stars can be in movies, photo shotos,magazine,CDs, and be in fashion show.

I AGREE...let's freak out the gals by putting them in a variety of Ye Olde Tyme bustiers or cowboy get ups. Make them sit in ice while wearing only a hat and a mink stole. Put them in a tub of mud and make them look beautiful while dirty. Put them in fun, creative, beautiful photographs (like last season) not this Fear Factor hanging upside down )@#@! or Ho-shakin' video contests or crappy soap opera acting stunts. BLEH.
    And although it's amusing...it was so much more entertaining watching Tyranasaurus make the show about the girls..not her crappy music career.
    So anyhooo...
    yeah, I had to avert my eyes during Camilles emoting as well. But, I gotta admit. I can't wait to watch it tonight. I was hooked last season and I am this.

JaniceDhasHookerStyle!

Laballatician
    Um, I see models all the time in commercials acting, so yea, I think acting is part of the job.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast