41 42.27%
  • Mercedes

12 12.37%
  • Shandi

5 5.15%
  • Yoanna

36 37.11%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Who be eliminated from Episode 8?

FORT Fan
    All I know is that, that photoshoot next week looks freeeaaakyyy.
    Everything that grows holds in perfection but a little moment. - William Shakespeare

And itís all the treasures that shine in the street
    As we drive right over them
    And its all the mornings we missed for sleep
    As the sun glides over our apartment
    And itís all the subtle change in landscape and business
    Reminds you of your limited time
    This time youíll listen to the movement of your body
    How it keeps on despite you and it frightens you
    Cause youíre barely alive
    - Rilo Kiley (Jenny, You're Barely Alive)

HAHA April does look like a doode in that screenie.
    DJ, take more flattering shots! XD

But I'm sure when the episode airs, those girls are gonna look hot Don't really get what the whole Diana Ross/70's theme related to the gorgeous Milan backdrop though... Shoulda been like... Greek goddesses or something instead of DISCO DANCIN'...

heh shandi looks like the character on SNL portrayed by sheri oteri who takes all of those prescription medicine.

FORT Newbie
    Part of the deliberations in who the judges choose to kick off has to do with how people will react. Last week they kicked off Sara, who almost all the viewers liked. I think they may not one to string together two episodes where really popular characters get booted...putting Mercedes and Shandi in safer territory, from what I can gather based on the judges responses and edditing techniques. Their personalities almost always seem to come across in a very positive light, and the judges are pretty nice to them, thus they, like Sara and Xiomara, are the "nice" girls. No fan wants to see two sweeties booted in a row!!
    I'm hoping Camille. Now that Yoanna has brought out her cattier side we don't ned Miss Thang, plus the competition itself is at the point where they don't really need her extra dramas. Then either Yoanna or Mercedes, I can't decide. April will lose out eventually, I think, just because the judges don't seem to favor her, meaning UPN thinks fans likely won't be inclined to favor her either. Right now my money is on Shandi to win, even though I think April would make more money modeling based on work ethic/photogenics/marketability.

your theory frisbeechick seems to be quite valid except.... this show isn't done in realtime- it has already been determined, so therefore they will not know who audiences will grow attached to, they don't know which characters are really popular. hehehe.

FORT Newbie
    I realize they don't know who will be popular, but certain members of the cast just always seem to be cast in a favorable light, or have personalities that appeal to most Americans. Like, you almost have to root for Shandi because she's the underdog, and kinda dorky. You have to root for Mercedes because she's so bubbly despite having Lupus. You may STRONGLY dislike Camille for her 'tudes. The whole production crew can look at all the footage shot, and make at least fairly strong assumptions as to who will be popular, and use that knowledge to condense three days into 45 minutes of footage that will appeal to viewers. Plus, the same crew would not want to cast the winner in a rather unflattering light, knowing it would definitely have an impact on ratings next season.
    Sara's incredibly emotional goodby last week was touching and sad, and by now we can ALL see that watching Shandi/Mercedes go will be tough. (see previous thread on WHo will be hardest to let go) I think a smart judge/producer would be hesitant to broadcast two tearjerkers in a row like that.
    Of course, this is all based on the assupmtion that things in this contest happen for anything other than a girl's skills at being a model...because I'm sure ratings and politics probably have nothing to do with it

I think Yoanna will be eliminated

Won't be tough for me to see Shandi go XD I'm counting off the days. Yippee! XD

I'll probably go into hyperthermic shock or something if Shandi wins XD You'll find me out naked in the snow...

Because of all the drama, I'm thinking it'll be either Yoanna or Camille. Not sure which one I want most to go yet ... I was sure it was Camille but here lately Yoanna has been getting on my nerves. Just leave the others alone, and pick one of them, Ms. Banks.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

not afraid to frolic
    Frosty- they have snow in Atlanta?