Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Season 1 VS. Season 2

Quote Originally Posted by DarKensoul7
    I think Season had some great contestants, ELYSE + Adrianne . The shoots and the objectives were all modelish and proper. I felt season 2 shoots were fear factor typish :/. Also in season there was only the commerical, season got a lot more activities like acting, dancing, etc. Hard to choose hehe
    I've been waiting for someone to start a comparison thread. When I didn't see one earlier, I thought that I was the only one that was disappointed in this years show.

Hands down, Season I for me rocked!!! One year later, I still can recall Adrianne, Elyse and Robin. I was so invested in that season's show that I'd re-watch the episodes again and again.

This year...had some interest, but, I know that I no longer care for a TV series when I start to re-tape over the video before the tape is even half full! I'd just hang onto the episodes long enough to make intelligent posts or settle debates, and then, back to the rewind button for me.

In Season I, I was with Adrianne and Elyse from the beginning to the bitter end. In Season 2, I waffled between Shandi and Catie, then April and Yoanna. There just seemed to be so many :crybaby 's this year; when I'd rewatch a show, I gritted my teeth with all of the tears, tears, tears.

The only one that I felt had the right to cry was Mercedes.

I agree, this was like watching a marriage between ANTM and FEAR FACTOR. For a "normal" model, how many of them are submerged in water or suspended from wires? I just checked every single ad in my latest W magazine and the shots are either indoors, lounging on something, or outdoors, lounging on something. There's nary a Nemo in sight.

Of course, when the girls are chosen, there's no way in the world to determine if they make good 'press' when the show begins to air. The same thing is happening to me on American Idol: last year, I was split between Ruben and Clay from the trials. This year, although I watch, I don't even bother taping them or posting about them. They're all just clones to me, right now.

By the way, does anyone know if there's a link to find out what Elyse is up to?
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

FORT Newbie
    "By the way, does anyone know if there's a link to find out what Elyse is up to?"

Here is a website with recent photos from Elyse
    http://www.holymango.net/elyse/

It looks like she was signed by Willameana. It still baffles me that Elysse didn't win. She was clearly the front runner and could be more successful than Adrianne, as a model, if she wanted to be...

FORT Newbie
    looking back at the portfolios season 1 did compared to season 2 is boring. season 1 was good too but this season it seemed more like a model's world because in life models would have to do exotic photos and locations like that plus they all look good too. i only thought adrienne and elyse were good enough for high fashion but this season had more choices.

FORT Newbie
    also in season 1, i dont think the photographers did the models justice. u look at the pictures and just think that it could be so much better but it came out looking unprofessional. the only shoot that looked good and professional was the snake photos. anyone agree?

The photo shoots this season were of a much higher calibre, but none of the girls seemed to become good fun friends this season, aka Elyse and Adrienne. Then again, I like Shandi as a model more than any other, this season or last, so that made up for it.

i prefered season 1 but thats because i just love Adrienne,

Quote Originally Posted by tela326
    "By the way, does anyone know if there's a link to find out what Elyse is up to?"

Here is a website with recent photos from Elyse
    http://www.holymango.net/elyse/

It looks like she was signed by Willameana. It still baffles me that Elysse didn't win. She was clearly the front runner and could be more successful than Adrianne, as a model, if she wanted to be...
    tela326: Bless you for finding a link to Elyse!!! You are a ! (unless you're a guy , and if so, I apologize for calling you a 'queen'!)

I'm right there with you in the "I don't understand why Elyse didn't win." I'm blaming it on the shows virgin first year. Although I absolutely adored Adrianne, she was so raw and so...hillbilly that the show could have been called "America's Next Top Eliza Doolittle!" Yes, it made for great TV watching to see this downtrodden, backwoods girl realize her dream, but, the set-up reminded me of an ancient TV program that my Grandmother told me about, called "Queen for a Day." Apparently, you were supposed to come onto the show with the biggest sob story and if you won, you got roses and a washing machine! (I guess they didn't give gifts for day spas in those days?!)

I'm just glad, that like last years American Idol, that not only the bona fide winner is making good, but the second (Clay) and THIRD runner (Miss Kimberly) are also noticed for their talent.

When I've visited other websites including the official UPN one, they had a poll with "Who do you think should have really won?" I was pretty shocked when 100% of the sites, including the home page, registered with voting viewers that they believed that Elyse should have won.

Oh well. With the link that you so kindly provided, I can see that Elyse can not only be a doctor BUT a model, too.

Go, Elyse!!!
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345