Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Season 1 VS. Season 2

Quote Originally Posted by Pookipichu
    I couldn't get into season one... IMPO it was boring to have so little physical diversity in the contestants. In terms of body type, there was no one for me to relate to, just a gaggle of stick thin girls who are stereotypically "modelly".
    I agree, this season was a bit easier to watch. Don't get me wrong, I simply adore both season, but the bios of all the girls from Season 1 were 5'9+ and generally, like you said, "modelly". This season gave us Jenascia (5'7), Mercedes who is only an inch taller than Jenascia,etc. I found it more relateable, and as such, more enjoyable.

i absolutely love both seasons. the directors and producers learned from season 1, therefore the shoots are better this season. i'm gonna pick season 1 cause of the drama factor. how could you not like elyse and adrianne? potential eating disorders, bisexuality, religion issues, virginity, refusal to do nude shoots... there were so many issues that made me addicted to the show. the loved the episodes with the group prayers and ebony's lotion the best.

What Would Janice Do? littlecat's Avatar
    I don't think any season could really compare to season 1, especially after this year, because now people know what's going on, just like in season 2, april, camille, yoanna, shandi and mercedes had a VERY strong suspicion that they'd be going to Europe after Sarah was eliminated.

I also don't think they'd ever find someone like Elyse, who just auditioned for "fun," the judges may be telling shandi they need to see her want it more, but all of the season 2 girls WANT(ED) this.

however, i am thoroughly enjoying season 2 and am already looking forward to season 3

FORT Fanatic
    I agree that the photo shoots are better this season, starting with Eve, which was gorgeous. I would have loved to see Elyse and Adrianne in the girl+girl shoot, wouldn't you? I'm sure they would have had fun with it!

Quote Originally Posted by boxhill
    I agree that the photo shoots are better this season, starting with Eve, which was gorgeous. I would have loved to see Elyse and Adrianne in the girl+girl shoot, wouldn't you? I'm sure they would have had fun with it!
    That would have been an awesome shoot, especially if it had been against Shannon and Robin!

FORT Newbie
    Loved season one better . The girls were modely well heck the show is America's Next Top Model, so all the girls from season one fit that discription. I think they also had more to say.

Ultimate American Idol RubenIZMyne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostelized
    Geez, I wish I could say, but I can't because I didn't see Season 1.

SHEET!

Unfortunately, I missed the first season too.

..why did i not like Elyse? lol
    C' tutta una vita in un'ora d'amore.

FORT Newbie
    Season 1 was WAY better. It took me a few episodes to really get into season 2.

Its been said before, but I LOVED Elysse. She was smart, had an original look, basically kicked butt in all the competitions every week, with little effort...but ended up 3rd? That didn't make any sense to me. For this season, I liked April and Shandi, but both of them didn't win. So I'm batting 0/2 right now with this show...

i definitely think there was an upward arc from season 1 to season 2. making both seasons immensely enjoyable, but in season one the girl I was rooting for took the prize and in season 2, my girl(s) lost out. (Even though i love yoanna and can see how she's a great choice for the winner)

but as season 3 approaches (not soon enough dammit) is the show more like survivor, where the contestants serve the format of the show and it will never be as intriguing/suspenseful as the first series or is it more like american idol where the format of show serves the contestants?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast