Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: ANTM2, Ep. 4 Recap: The Short End of the Stick

Shandi-fanatics strike back, "fierce"

Quote Originally Posted by Kocky_Kamikaze
    First off, I'm sorry for the double posting. I posted this in the "Shandi" thread and I got no responses. I guess it's because it's chocked full of Shandi fans and they wanted to ignore it.

This is in regard to the contest of who can show their own style better. The crazy cartwheelin' designer (can't remember her name) rewarded Shandi even though, according to her, she was no where near showing her own style. She said that Yoanna was the best in showing her style. Why not just reward her? Why reward someone who might have potential than to those who already have it?

So I guess this whole show will be about who might have potential in becoming a top model? This will require a helluva lot of work, versus someone who is definitely top model material who is up and ready to work and make money. If this is the case, this season will be the complete opposite because Adrianne was indeed and is top model material. Even the final three in last season were all top model material!
    We possessed in the Shandi thread will take no criticism, never!

On a serious note though, I was also surprised to see that Shandi was declared the winner of the assignment, the motivation that was given was as you say a bit contradictory. If you've seen all the episodes so far of ANTM1+2, you'll have noticed that there are a lot of twists in the plot/contradictory statements from the judges: you're too thin/Paris embraces you/you have to sexify it/you shouldn't try to be sexy

Every judge wants to make their statement of originality on the show. Remember the horse carriage interview in the first season: Elyse did quite the opposite of what she was supposed to have done, and she was declared the winner.

If a contestant would have constantly been the worst performer but always declared the winner (you'll be the judge of that), and without no objective future potential, I would agree that there is a setup. Who has been the best/worst performer is however, not something that is objective.

Quote Originally Posted by fredlun
    We possessed in the Shandi thread will take no criticism, never!

On a serious note though, I was also surprised to see that Shandi was declared the winner of the assignment, the motivation that was given was as you say a bit contradictory. If you've seen all the episodes so far of ANTM1+2, you'll have noticed that there are a lot of twists in the plot/contradictory statements from the judges: you're too thin/Paris embraces you/you have to sexify it/you shouldn't try to be sexy
    I really don't think the judges or anyone else knows what they want.

I mean, think about it. ANYONE can become a model if you have the look a client is looking for. It just depends on what group the client is wants to focus on.

Every judge wants to make their statement of originality on the show. Remember the horse carriage interview in the first season: Elyse did quite the opposite of what she was supposed to have done, and she was declared the winner.

If a contestant would have constantly been the worst performer but always declared the winner (you'll be the judge of that), and without no objective future potential, I would agree that there is a setup. Who has been the best/worst performer is however, not something that is objective.
    I almost forgot about Elyse's carriage interview!

Now I'm wondering what is the point to the show!

Anti All Things CoverGirl

I LOVE this show.

Great recap! It really was like watching the show all over again.

A few of my favorite moments in the show:

Catie is sitting in the kitchen eating cereal and talking about how well she’s handling it all. But she’s chewing with her mouth open and I’m too busy being repulsed to fully concentrate on what she’s saying.

Camille’s hair is too dark. It looks harsh. That doesn’t have anything to do with this episode. I just felt a need to say it.

Speaking of Camille…At the end of the “last man standing” competition, what on earth is that sound she makes when she gives up and collapses to the ground? Ugh. Totally contrived.

When they’re learning about personal style with Simon Doonan, Tyra holds up a photo of herself as a fashion “don’t” in a bikini top and long black skirt. Moments later, she approves when Xiomara models her personal style - in a bikini top and a long black skirt. Pardon moi, but wherein lies the difference? (PS: I hated April’s white, slit-front dress. She is one of those girls who couldn’t look like a whore if she tried. But anyone else wearing that dress would look just plain trashy.)

Camille: red is for the blood, yellow is for the sun, green is for the land. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Meanwhile, have you EVER seen her wear those three colors together before? EVER? Looks to me like little miss self confidence invented her personal style that morning.

Okay, how many of you have watched Catie’s “You called me a HO!” scene over and over and over and laughed your arse off? I have. Over and over and over again. Good times, my friends. Good times.

When they’re at Betsey Johnson's, just before Betsey takes them over to watch the video, there’s a quick full-length shot of the girls. Jenascia is holding Betsey’s dog in her arms, and I swear this creature must be on ecstasy because it’s lying on its back, head lolling back, with all four paws in the air. The Dog. Is. HIGH. And yet Betsey seems unconcerned. I guess the dog’s a drama queen and does that all the time.

On another random note, Mercedes has the most impressive post-weeping recovery I have ever seen.

Adrianne’s visit was fabulous. It was so great to see that A) She’s taking advantage of the tremendous opportunities the show gave her, and B) She has not changed at all. And could she rub in the diamond thing a little more? LOL

Another random thought: I really like Catie’s pajama pants. I wonder where she got ‘em?

During the celebrity look-alike shot, Tyra BSes Xiomara into believing she’ll be incredible as Grace Jones because it’s such a transformation. If they really wanted to challenge the girls, they would’ve had Camille do Grace Jones, and Xiomara do Diana Ross. Close your eyes and picture that for a minute.

Meahwhile, how long do you reckon it takes to get all that body paint off?

After this shoot, I’m super impressed with Tyra. There really is a skill to posing and using your face and body to portray a certain feeling and mood and Tyra is genius at it. Not just doing it, but teaching the others. No wonder she’s a supermodel. Those girls have a lot to learn from her.

At the end of the show, when the show the group photo and Jenascia fades out of the picture, it ends up looking like all of the girls are trying to get as far away from Camille as humanly possible. I know she has a stinky attitude, but does she have cooties too?

Tyra in cornrows, false eyelashes, leather choker, gold chain, miniskirt, leg warmers and heels: NOOOOOOOOO! No, Miss Banks. NO.

I loved it when Camille fought with the twit from Jane magazine. I swear, every time that girl opens her mouth, she takes one giant step toward the exit. Tick tock, Miss Thang. Time’s almost up.

On another random note, Mercedes has the most impressive post-weeping recovery I have ever seen.
    i know, she was so cute

i found it hilarous when catie was reading the tyra mail, she had a huge blue towel wrapped around her head. whyyyyyyyy does she need a towel that size for a nearly bald head???? :rolleyes

FORT Fogey
    Yay SFG! Great recap

I think, if I have not mentioned this before, was that Jenasica's attitude when she mocked what the photographer was saying "Do this and do this[...]" is what costed the most of why she left. That is insulting. She tried to make a joke out of it. And it wasn't funny to them (as it was to me).
    Tyra's little style she had that day--not fly. Total wrong.
    but i don't see why Mercedes felt she had to hurry up and hide her tears. What is that going to show "Look at me, you can all tell i have Lupus because i am crying...."
    I mean alot of girls cry while they were on the phone.
    I am not trying to make fun of her. But she was very nervous that the girls were going to find out. Making a big deal, bigger. Which isn't good for her

Camille’s hair is too dark. It looks harsh. That doesn’t have anything to do with this episode. I just felt a need to say it.
    You're right... it IS too dark. They should've given her lighter hair. Not blonde-ish but, just a lighter brown than what she has now.

Speaking of Camille…At the end of the “last man standing” competition, what on earth is that sound she makes when she gives up and collapses to the ground? Ugh. Totally contrived.
    When did this happen?

Camille: red is for the blood, yellow is for the sun, green is for the land. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Meanwhile, have you EVER seen her wear those three colors together before? EVER? Looks to me like little miss self confidence invented her personal style that morning.
    She's always had some sort of armband or headband or something with those colors. And she is correct about what the Jamaican colors represent.

Adrianne’s visit was fabulous. It was so great to see that A) She’s taking advantage of the tremendous opportunities the show gave her, and B) She has not changed at all. And could she rub in the diamond thing a little more? LOL
    She totall ROCKS!!!!

During the celebrity look-alike shot, Tyra BSes Xiomara into believing she’ll be incredible as Grace Jones because it’s such a transformation. If they really wanted to challenge the girls, they would’ve had Camille do Grace Jones, and Xiomara do Diana Ross. Close your eyes and picture that for a minute.
    I hadn't thought of that... it WOULD be quite a challenge!

I think that X's facial bone structure is closer to Grace's. And, just like Adrianne, Grace Jones ROCKS! hee hee!

Tyra in cornrows, false eyelashes, leather choker, gold chain, miniskirt, leg warmers and heels: NOOOOOOOOO! No, Miss Banks. NO.
    She sorta had a similar outfit as Catie's "Ho Outfit"! hahahaha!

i don't see why Mercedes felt she had to hurry up and hide her tears. What is that going to show "Look at me, you can all tell i have Lupus because i am crying...."
    I mean alot of girls cry while they were on the phone.
    I am not trying to make fun of her. But she was very nervous that the girls were going to find out. Making a big deal, bigger. Which isn't good for her
    One thing I've learned when I'm in some sort of competition with anyone is to NEVER show any signs of weakness. Some people will see it and take bloody advantage of it! Mercedes is probably taking that in consideration as well as not letting the judges know that this might hinder her chances in modeling.

Quote Originally Posted by lifeisastory
    Okay, how many of you have watched Catie’s “You called me a HO!” scene over and over and over and laughed your arse off? I have. Over and over and over again. Good times, my friends. Good times.
    You're so right, lifeisastory. I hate to admit it but, yeah, it is incredibly satisfying to see Catie her comeuppance from someone who won't fall for her manipulative crying came.
    Quote Originally Posted by lifeisastory
    When did this happen?
    LifeisaStory is referring to the end of the competition at the boxing studio, when April and Camille are going head to head in the ring (doing pushups, that is). And Life is right, Camille's defeat is eye-rollingly affected (like everything she does!)
    One thing I've learned when I'm in some sort of competition with anyone is to NEVER show any signs of weakness. Some people will see it and take bloody advantage of it! Mercedes is probably taking that in consideration as well as not letting the judges know that this might hinder her chances in modeling.
    I agree with you, Kocky, I think this is exactly what Mercedes is doing, and I admire the fact that she's not trotting out her troubles for sympathy (with makes Catie look even ten times more petty and pathetic) and is trying to deal with it on her own.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

LifeisaStory is referring to the end of the competition at the boxing studio, when April and Camille are going head to head in the ring (doing pushups, that is). And Life is right, Camille's defeat is eye-rollingly affected (like everything she does!)
    Oooh I remember now!

I love the recap too i usually wait for realitynewsonline to do theirs but now I think I will be comming here for my top model recaps.
    And I'm on tonight
    You know my hips don't lie
    And I'm starting to feel it's right
    All the attraction, the tension
    Don't you see baby, this is perfection

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234