Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: catie, heather and smoking..

I agree that smoking is bad, but this is reality TV, and in real life models smoke. Some people are making it sound as if they were shooting up drugs or something. I am not saying cigarette's aren't bad for you I am just saying that they could be doing a lot worse things. Cigarette's are legal and 18 is of legal age to smoke them.
    Do i love you because you're beautiful? Or are you beautiful because I love you?

P.S. I am not trying to start an argument so sorry to anyone who might take offense
    Do i love you because you're beautiful? Or are you beautiful because I love you?

I don't think anyone took offense, socalgt! I'm from California and you find the rest of the country smokes a heck of a lot more than we do when you step outside the borders. I'm all for people making their own choices, whether it be alcohol or caffeine or chocolate, but I have to admit I don't like to see young people smoking. But if they are over 18 that's their choice. Maybe staying ultra-thin is worth trading a few months of your life when you're old and having trouble breathing anyway.

I think Spegs and everyone were right when they said models are known to smoke (along with eating nothing but pickles for lunch). Last fall the Baby Phat fashion show even had some of their models walk with unlit cigarettes in hand. You can see it on the MercedesBenz fashion week website. I'll look for a link.

ETA: That popped right up on google. The website is www.mercedesbenzfashionweek.com, click here to connect. You have to scroll to Baby Phat in the index of designers and it plays streaming video. Um, since this is a PG13 site I should warn anyone who cares that some of the models in a lot of fashion shows are virtually topless. Enjoy!
    Last edited by hepcat; 01-30-2004 at 05:28 PM.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

I can't edit my post but I pulled up the Baby Phat show. I watched it a while ago so I didn't remember that some of the lyrics are like NC-17, so beware, okay?
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

FORT Regular
    It's sad to see them smoke. I don't like it... one reason is because my uncle was recently diagnosed with lung cancer, my aunt is having problems with her throat, and i had another aunt die from cancer. ALL DUE TO SMOKING!!!! But, I really hate seeing young people smoke... makes me sad

Although it could be whether they last long as a top model or not

urban cowgirl
    Adrianne smoked in the first season too.

I think it's not glamorized, it just shows that they do the things they do in normal life. Being an unscripted show, if they happen to film a part that would be good for the show, they can't just tell them to do it again, but not smoke.

From a non-smoker's point of view, and w/o any ideas to give them a negative image, just my pure thought is that... even a beautiful model on tv or in a magazine, if I knew that she smells like a stinking cigarette really disappoints me or it is really disgusting to me, personally. Thank GOD that tv or magazine don't convey the smell of a model. Seriously, even in a subway when I sit next to a smoker, I just sometime stop myself from breathing, b/c some people smell that bad...
    A beautiful model on tv, or in a magazine, but if I knew she smells that bad,, ahhh, I wanna go away from her.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12