Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: America's Next Top Model: Male version

Quote Originally Posted by Pookipichu
    Amen sister!!!!

Okay now for my rant...

Why is there no ANTM for males? Because this is a disgustingly chauvinistic, patriarchal society which demoralizes and objectifies females in a blatant display of gender inequality. It's gotten to the point where even females are brainwashed into thinking "Girls in skimpy clothes = ok" "guys in skimpy clothes = dirty/unecessary/etc."

Show a penis in a movie and instant NC-17 ( like penis has magic powers). But a vagina fest is just good ole fashioned fun. A girl with sexual desires is frightening, sinful, slutty. A man-slut is cool, macho, studly. I will not be force fed this idea that I should be looking at photo spreads of nearly naked women. Until recently Cosmo had more female nudity than male.. what is up with that??? It's like America wants all the girls to be bisexuals that preserve their virginity for one guy, so that guy can sleep with 200 bisexual virgins, ideally in a "group scene".

Until more producers are female, we are going to be subjected to a never ending parade of female sex objects.
    haha well the thing Tyra never thought of. Although she should since she likes power. Is since there are barely any top male model. She can create the first Top male model. Although once i am 18 i will try to take that title.
    But she has thought about a male version, but she didn't think of making the first male top model. I never heard of that male model she named on Ryan's show "On-Air"
    What is his name? Tyson?

Premium Member
    I think a male version could have just as much drama if they got the right guys. A bunch of chest thumping blockheads like most of the Paradise Hotel cast could give the girls a run for their money.

Could be fun to watch, I dunno. The only male model I can think of is Andre from Outkast, he models now.

yeah and they don't have to exactly be gay you know. There are straight guys that can bring drama to the table

Tyson Beckford.

Ew.. I hope they don't do a male one. It would be soooooooooo boringgg!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pookipichu
    Why is there no ANTM for males? Because this is a disgustingly chauvinistic, patriarchal society which demoralizes and objectifies females in a blatant display of gender inequality. It's gotten to the point where even females are brainwashed into thinking "Girls in skimpy clothes = ok" "guys in skimpy clothes = dirty/unecessary/etc."
    I WANT TO OBJECTIFY GUYS FOR A CHANGE!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Premium Member
    Thought you guys might be interested in this site. http://www.supermodelguide.com/models.html

There's a male section at the bottom. They list Antonio Sabato Jr, Marcus Schenkenberg, Mark Vanderloo, Michael Bergin, and Tyson Beckford as the male supermodels.

Thanks for the link, Geekgirl. But EEK! WTF is this?!!

(I got this photo from the site you posted)

Warning--Don't buy the "Model Guide" they're hawking on their site, model hopefuls, it reeks of SCAM. Just research the legit agencies and then submit your own photos.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by DjDeluxay
    Hey. i think i brought this up before. sorry if i did this already.
    but what are your thoughts on this idea?
    What would some good challenges or photoshoots that sound cool for males to do? Or what tasks would they have to do?...
    Well, I think all the male models should gather around me and we should all be naked! And when they start feeling competitive and fighting over me I would say, "Boys, c'mon now. You know there's enough of me to go around." Just kidding. But it is a good idea. Lol.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl

Warning--Don't buy the "Model Guide" they're hawking on their site, model hopefuls, it reeks of SCAM. Just research the legit agencies and then submit your own photos.

I know right. Did you read the description of the guide at all? Sorry to post OT but I'm laughing so hard, I'm almost in tears.

The author wants you to know why the price has been kept at a low $34.95. She's been advised it should be sold at $74.95; in fact her accountant was insisting on $79.95 but she wanted the Insider's Guide price low enough to reach and help all aspiring models.
    I thought only Tyrant could BS like that!

Anyway... They list Mark Vanderloo as being the first male supermodel. Maybe him and Janice could hook up or something?

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyAss
    I noticed that a lot of fan wants to see a male-version of this highly addictive show, why not (take note, Ms Banks) put 10 girls and 10 guys in one house together, ala Real World, and eliminate a pair each week. I just can imagine the ratings for this. Cattiness (Girls and gay guys), Love Triangle (guys with girl, girls with guy) and more DRAMA!!! What do you think of this suggestion guys?
    OK I am just getting around to reading all the posts guys. They could have something like a combination of Paradise Hotel and ANTM, I think it would be a huge hit if done well. ANTM, live from Hotel Tyra!

You know you'd be tuning in to watch something like THIS, people!