Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: America's Next Top Model: Male version

NEXT: AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL! male & female edition

I noticed that a lot of fan wants to see a male-version of this highly addictive show, why not (take note, Ms Banks) put 10 girls and 10 guys in one house together, ala Real World, and eliminate a pair each week. I just can imagine the ratings for this. Cattiness (Girls and gay guys), Love Triangle (guys with girl, girls with guy) and more DRAMA!!! What do you think of this suggestion guys?

I actually read somewhere.... Jay said they probably won't do this.

Something about dudes not caring enough like girls would and if they got eliminated, they'd just be like, "See ya later dude."

There should definitely be a male edition of America's Next Top Model. As much as I am entertained by the current version, it further internalizes unhealthy notions of beauty in young, intelligent females across the nation. Women are stripped bare and scrutinized with microscopic intensity while men traipse around in ill-fitting garments designed to hide swelling bellies and sagging posteriors. Why should we starve ourselves into a sugar-deprived stupor to gain the notice of a man? Why should a man seek, cajole, no, demand, that we sublimate into cartoonish carnal caricatures of beauty? Not only should there be an all male season of America's Next Top Model, but there should be bikini contests, brazillian waxes, multiple servings of "humble-pie" and our boyfriends and husbands should be forced to watch it with us as we drool, hoot and whistle at the screen commenting casual things like, "honey, his winker dinker can't be soft... it's sooo much bigger than yours?", "honey, those are man-boobies. Pure muscle. What you have are breastages", "honey, that's what a man is supposed to look like in briefs.. that's why you wear boxers."

Touch my bunny, stroke my cow.

Sorry, guys, I just heard Tyra on Extra saying that she wasn't planning on doing a male version because "straight guys don't want to look at other guy's bodies." Um, hello, Tyra, 85% of your audience is women and gay guys anyway! GIVE US WHAT WE WANT! WHAT ABOUT OUR NEEDS?
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

FORT Fan
    Finally went into this thread (I'd been avoiding it). Very interesting...
    I have to lean towards agreeing with Tyra and Jay... Really, I'm perfectly content watching the female version.
    Everything that grows holds in perfection but a little moment. - William Shakespeare

And itís all the treasures that shine in the street
    As we drive right over them
    And its all the mornings we missed for sleep
    As the sun glides over our apartment
    And itís all the subtle change in landscape and business
    Reminds you of your limited time
    This time youíll listen to the movement of your body
    How it keeps on despite you and it frightens you
    Cause youíre barely alive
    - Rilo Kiley (Jenny, You're Barely Alive)

FORT Newbie
    Is "All American Guys" an actual reality show? Or sumthing else???

I have no idea what you're talking about freenychan. Does this have anything to do with ANTM?
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

FORT Newbie
    Seems like so many people are interesting in male modelling , especially Djdeluxy. So here is a little something for any hopeful top-male-model wannabe out there.It's not exactly like ANTM but definitely close to. check it out:http://www.allamericanguys.com/modelsearch.htm
    Phat said it ^^...SERIOUSLY is "All American Guys" a reality show or sumthin?

I would really lOOVEE a male America's Next Top Model! (that's why i wanna noe)

Well, if you were to actually click on the link and read it for yourself, freenychan, it clearly states that it is a contest to be on the cover of an online magazine, so I take that as NO it's not a reality show.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    Sorry, guys, I just heard Tyra on Extra saying that she wasn't planning on doing a male version because "straight guys don't want to look at other guy's bodies." Um, hello, Tyra, 85% of your audience is women and gay guys anyway! GIVE US WHAT WE WANT! WHAT ABOUT OUR NEEDS?
    Amen sister!!!!

Okay now for my rant...

Why is there no ANTM for males? Because this is a disgustingly chauvinistic, patriarchal society which demoralizes and objectifies females in a blatant display of gender inequality. It's gotten to the point where even females are brainwashed into thinking "Girls in skimpy clothes = ok" "guys in skimpy clothes = dirty/unecessary/etc."

Show a penis in a movie and instant NC-17 ( like penis has magic powers). But a vagina fest is just good ole fashioned fun. A girl with sexual desires is frightening, sinful, slutty. A man-slut is cool, macho, studly. I will not be force fed this idea that I should be looking at photo spreads of nearly naked women. Until recently Cosmo had more female nudity than male.. what is up with that??? It's like America wants all the girls to be bisexuals that preserve their virginity for one guy, so that guy can sleep with 200 bisexual virgins, ideally in a "group scene".

Until more producers are female, we are going to be subjected to a never ending parade of female sex objects.

Touch my bunny, stroke my cow.