Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: America's Next Top Model: Male version

well i wonder would it only attract homosexual males. I am not trying to offend anyone in anyway. I do have gay friends,but i would like to see all kinds of males. I mean do you think that this competition would attract all kinds of males?
    i just want to watch this kind of show to get tips. hehe

DJ! :O I was thinking the same thing.

Anyway, that might make it rather interesting.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

ebony is was a lesbian right? i don't see why gay men can't be models- and i think that the stereotype is that a lot of the models ARE gay... the whole notion that anyone who is artistic, dressed nice, works out & doesn't have a beer is labled gay- oy! those metrosexuals make things so complicated now! haha

On paper, it's a great idea. But in execution, I don't think it would fly. IMO, there are a few reasons for this... Women who model are NAMES. Cindy, Linda, Tyra, Naomi, Gisele, Heidi. I say those names, and you know who I'm referring to. With the men, all I can think of is Tyson, Marcus, and...well... you get the gist. Men's clothing isn't quite as artistic and creative as women's, especially since it's women who buy most clothing. Also, as someone mentioned before, there are things to consider like makeup, walking in heels, etc. So, I think it's an interesting idea, but I just don't see how it could hook people, so it wouldn't fly.

It would be awesome if it were a loft full of Jacks from Will & Grace. But since W&G is a fictional show, who knows what you'd end up with? The guys would probably be all sensible, make a schedule for the bathroom, label all the containers in the fridge so there are no misunderstandings, etc. No estrogen wars or makeup fights or gum in the hair.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by withoutasol
    ebony is was a lesbian right? i don't see why gay men can't be models- and i think that the stereotype is that a lot of the models ARE gay... the whole notion that anyone who is artistic, dressed nice, works out & doesn't have a beer is labled gay- oy! those metrosexuals make things so complicated now! haha
    dude that was what i was referring to. I meant i hope that the stereotype would not cause the show to be made if it was indeed in consideration.
    But adding gay guys would make it cool. I would love it.
    I love will and Grace. have the first season DVD might i add. hehe
    But for adding gay guys would make it mucho interesting. For competitiveness and drama.

Bring it on............

I think it would be great, let's face it the viewers of America's Next Top Model are mostly women and Gay Guys. I still can't picture straight men saying "hey bud, let's watch America's next Top model". If they gonna create a show about Male models ( I'm sure watching Slobby str8 dudes and bitchy dramatic queens battling it to the TOP) it would be a runway HIT! Don't you think?

as crazy as it does seem, i agree with candyass that it WOULD be a runaway hit, and since antm just got signed on for 2 more seasons, who knows, they might make season 3 or 4 a male model competition to shake things up a little bit. queer eye was a smash hit, and im sure a male model show with conflicts between gay models and straight models would be a similar runaway hit. plus, the usual antm viewers would tune in. all they would need to do is figure out a replacement for the whole makeup issue-maybe they could focus more on uh...workouts? or, they coudl always teach them how to tweeze their eyebrows properly, waxing, all that stuff. as for walking in heels, maybe they could replace that with a greater focus on the popular "jacket swing" catwalk move. i'm having too much fun thinking about this. hmm. one of the "challenges" could maybe be the proper way to use gel for their personal "look". it would basically be queer eye with models, and DRAMA, and who wouldn't watch that? i reiterate, as long as they figure out someway to keep the focus on the modeling aspect, it would be a perfect idea, at least for one experimental season. it is true, though, that there really aren't any male model household names, but at least so far, the models from antm1 haven't gone far, and i doubt that upn really cares if they do, as long as they get the ratings.

hey i am straight.
    I just love seeing Tyra and them sexy girls
    hehe

all they would need to do is figure out a replacement for the whole makeup issue-maybe they could focus more on uh...workouts? or, they coudl always teach them how to tweeze their eyebrows properly, waxing, all that stuff. as for walking in heels, maybe they could replace that with a greater focus on the popular "jacket swing" catwalk move. i'm having too much fun thinking about this. hmm. one of the "challenges" could maybe be the proper way to use gel for their personal "look". it would basically be queer eye with models, and DRAMA, and who wouldn't watch that? i reiterate, as long as they figure out someway to keep the focus on the modeling aspect, it would be a perfect idea, at least for one experimental season. it is true, though, that there really aren't any male model household names, but at least so far, the models from antm1 haven't gone far, and i doubt that upn really cares if they do, as long as they get the ratings. [/QUOTE]

I am a guy and have gotten compliments about the way I look and some have suggested that I become a model and if I was made an offer to go into a show like that I WOULD NOT DO IT!! (unless tyra paid me one million to do so but I will have to put my face in a paper bag with 2 holes or wear a mask). I can't see men tweezing their eyebrows and waxing but if they do that the next thing you may see them modelling female victoria secrets undies for the public and a show like that may be successful since Americans like to get some fun and laughter at the strange behaviour of some gays in society.