Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Episode 2 Final Photos

Anti All Things CoverGirl

My thoughts

Well, I guess I'll weigh in on this too, before tomorrow's episode gives us all something else to talk about...

First off, they said that the girls had to bring all of their own stuff to the shoot - including their own clothes. When they walked into the studio, they each had one small bag. I didn't see anyone dragging a suitcase in there. What I want to know is this: what did they tell those girls? And how did whatever they said translate into that bright pink dress for april, those pants on Xiomara, and a jeanskirt for catie? Because they look like they packed for three entirely different vacations, if you know what I mean.

Anywho, the rundown...

April
    Love the dress, love the photo. Am wondering what were the chances of her finding a pair of boots the exact same color as the dress?

Bethany
    It's an okay photo. I don't hate it, but it's not particularly interesting. However, when Janice got up on the table to demonstrate how the pose really should be done (all roads do, after all, lead to Janice Dickinson, don't they?) I wanted to rip that atrocious necklace off her and beat her upside the head with it.

Camille
    (or as she is called on another site: Ca-me-me-mille)
    Hate the outfit. Hate the photo. REALLY hate the makeup, what with that landing strip o'red lipstick on her mouth and all. The boots look like two white blobs - can't see them well enough to tell if I like them or not. I can't believe Xiomara got ripped for that whole "amputee" thing last week, but NONE of the judges said anything about this photo. She looks freakish! And I'm quite sure her mother told her to NEVER sit that way when wearing a dress.

Catie
    I agreed with the judges. She did look like a pretzel in the photo she picked. However, the one they made the ad from is pretty good. Very teenagerish. Although if I ever saw a girl walking down the street in a denim mini and white pumps, I'd point and laugh.

Heather
    What can I say? She tried.
    THIS in my opinion, is the mall photo. Helloooooo glamourshots.

Jenacia
    I like Jenacia. She's scrappy. And I think her photo is the best of the bunch. She is really working those boots. It looks like a simple pose, but I bet if I put on my tallest pair of boots and tried to hunker down in that position, I'd be flat on my rear in two seconds flat.

Mercedes
    The judges were right again. It's a pose that you'd THINK would work, but you'd be wrong. She's all out of proportion. That nitwit of a judge from Jane magazine said it would've been great if she'd been in profile. I beg to differ. What she would've looked like is SHANDI. And nobody wants that.

Sara
    Sara is my other favorite. As is this photo. And thank God Janice didn't try to do this one on top of the judges' table. (I bet she wanted to, though)

Shandi
    Brilliant photo. NOT. Who's the genius at Steve Madden who decided that putting a girl wearing a black body suit and black boots against a black background was a clever way to highlight the footwear?
    Morons.
    Frankly, the photo is not very interesting and Shandi isn't nearly fierce enought to pull off those boots. $5 says they were the last pair on the shelf and she got stuck with them because Camille was hogging all of the others.

Xiomara
    What the hell is this freakshow??? Where's the photo from the ad? Xiomara is getting screwed over, y'all. I thought the picture they showed during the judging was really great. The only thing I didn't like was her hair. Makes me want to grab that knob on top of her head and swing her around a few times. Just to see if I could.

Yoanna
    I like Yoanna. I hope she goes really far in this contest. But that photo was no steve madden ad. Nothing about it says "look at what I'm wearing!"
    To me it looks like a photographic study. Woman in repose #57.

Loved your comments lifeisastory! I have to agree with you on the point you made early on (which I totally forgot). These girls had to bring their own clothes, not knowing what type of shoot they were going to (or so we were led to believe). The fact that April chose a bright pink dress and grabbed those boots to match was just pure luck!
    I think Johnny Damon has the SWEETEST mullet in major league baseball!

Quote Originally Posted by lifeisastory
    Camille
    Hate the outfit. Hate the photo. REALLY hate the makeup, what with that landing strip o'red lipstick on her mouth and all. The boots look like two white blobs - can't see them well enough to tell if I like them or not. I can't believe Xiomara got ripped for that whole "amputee" thing last week, but NONE of the judges said anything about this photo. She looks freakish! And I'm quite sure her mother told her to NEVER sit that way when wearing a dress.
    I couldn't agree more. I didn't like her rooster in the nude photo either. It has nothing to do with her personality, she just looks so blah to me. And that pose was 100% pure hoochie mama.

Yoanna
    I like Yoanna. I hope she goes really far in this contest. But that photo was no steve madden ad. Nothing about it says "look at what I'm wearing!"
    To me it looks like a photographic study. Woman in repose #57.
    Interesting point and now I can't see it any other way, Lifeisastory!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Great comment, lol, lifeisastory!!! I loved it.

My favorite picture is April's. I love her first picture too. I really don't like any of Camille's pictures so far......I don't know what it is exactly, but I don't. And her attitude STINKS!!!
    I'm too sexy for my shirt, too sexy for my shirt too sexy it hurrrrts! -Right said Fred

I loved Jenascia's and April's.

Jenascia's looked REALLY good. I love how she's not looking at the camera and is kind of like "Ho hum, What have I found here??" and how she holds her finger.

April's is really sexy and it looks like it should rain on her. Like Tyra said, I also love how the boot is like BAM!!!

April
    Love the dress, love the photo. Am wondering what were the chances of her finding a pair of boots the exact same color as the dress?

They had clothes there, the girls just had to pick them out themselves, and put together their whole "look."
    <33 Mollz

Yeah, I thought that was great how they made it look like the girls brought their own clothes and wore them onto the set. But in fact they did bring their own clothes, but not all of them wore them on the shoot. Like for example, Mercedes had her scarf and hat on already. So she figured it matched the shoes she selected, or was left with since she had very little time and Camille had most of the shoes.
    But yeah they did a good job of hiding the clothes the girls would be selecting from.
    But with April that was a fab look.
    Also it was kind of strange. I mean you could tell these clothes were new. I mean i am sorry for being wierd. I can tell if things are new or used. And as for Shandi, I mean come on. She wouldn't have bought those clothes if she hadn't been on the show

I really liked the idea of the Steve Madden Shoes Photo Shoot because everything was up to The Girls....They got to pick their clothes, shoes and pose!

Here's My List guys...Hope you enjoy the light humor!

April : STUNNING Pose....I think it's better that she didn't show much ace because the photo would have come out looking a little less
    professional than it came out this way....Good Job Ape! *cheers*

Bethany & Heather : Okay...Could Somebody PLEASE help me...Which one's Bethany and which one's Heather?? I can't Decide personally....But from the two...I preferred the girl shown below doing the pose with her hands perched forward....wearing the white shoes....She looked pretty nice except for the expression on her face!! The other girl.....Whichever one she is....UGH...No offence to her but that is NOT a pose for high fashion! :phhht

Camille : I really liked Camille's Pose...Her facial expression was really appealing for me....very high fashion...The only problem was like everybody else said..her hands weren't showing....I agree!

Catie : I really liked Catie's picture except it was a bit shadowed over on her hair....I really liked Catie's hair long....the boy cut does not suit her one bit...She does look a lot like a guy in her new photos...

Jenascia : Her Shot was the BEST!! ThumBs up Jenascia! She really proved herself well especially because of the first episode she'd flunked in! You Go Girl! She rocks...

Mercedes : Mercedes picture came out really well....She looks like a doll in that picture... But her choice of clothing doesn't suit her exotic look! She did her pose really well though...

Sara : WOW!!! 2nd Best to Jenascia's Shot!! Excellent choice in clothing...Everything suits her and That Pose....She Blew me away on that one...I have no idea how she could stay like that for as long as she did!!

Shandi : I really like Shandi & she's really sweet and all but.....she completely flopped that picture of hers...Her Pose makes her look lanky and her posture does not look right in that picture...

Xiomara : I think that Xiomara should have been eliminated in the 2nd week if you ask me....None of her pictures turned out well except for the Grace Jones one...Everything in her pose and face is WRONG...Thumbs sinking to the floor Xiomarrrra...

Yoanna : She looks beautiful in the picture....She has a lovely face but the clothes weren't really fashionable for the particular shoot!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234