Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Episode 3 Preview Screen Caps *Minor Make-Over Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by JaniceDRocks
    Everyone is so sympathetic for Catie and all the other girls. The girls need to get over it. They are PROPERTY of the designer or photographer that is putting them on the runway or the cover.
    Catie can have extensions put in to giver her long hair again. If she's a model, her body is no longer her's. It belongs to the makeup artist and the fashion designer. Her job is to sell the product even if they have her covered in doggie poo, french kissing a corpse.
    She'll survive a hair cut...she better if she wants to be a model.
    Anyways..it's all part of Tyrant Banks plan.
    Confront these gals with their weaknesses...if they can't overcome them (i.e. Anna and nudity) then they're not cut out to win the show.

I believe you have made one of the BEST points in FORT history!

i think i saw Camilles make over. If you look at towards the beginning of Episode two around the time when they are on the runway. Camille talks about how she likes her body or what ever. Well she has pure black hair and no extentions with that brown or blonde in it.
    But yeah models do need to be prepared to changed their looks at any given moment. i mean it might be a bad look or a good look. But still they are getting pretty good as what i heard.

Maybe a short really choppy cut would have been hot, but the bleached pixie looks horrible!!!!

catie -

you know what, the shot of her gasping, in the green sweater or shirt, she doesn't look so bad with the shorter hair.

FORT Newbie
    Ok the girl with the Short short short Blond Platnum hair is not Shandi??

By your guys' Post it looks like it isn't!

And thats a good thing i think a part of me fell in love with her I think i have a thing for Tall Girls with Glasses Not nerdy Glasses But Glasses and i thought that was her and a part of me died inside lol

Well a couple girls do get pretty short hair. But it does not look like Shandi isn't really getting a cut.

On the UPN website they say the following about Episode 3:

One competitor collapses suddenly. <-- Shandi

Fears are tested when the models must pose while dangling from wires high above ground.

Tensions between competitors boil over in front of the judges, until Janice Dickinson decides she's heard enough.
    Wow, I wonder if this is a Camille bashing party?
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Anti All Things CoverGirl

sorry

Originally Posted by JaniceDRocks
    Everyone is so sympathetic for Catie and all the other girls. The girls need to get over it. They are PROPERTY of the designer or photographer that is putting them on the runway or the cover.
    Catie can have extensions put in to giver her long hair again. If she's a model, her body is no longer her's. It belongs to the makeup artist and the fashion designer. Her job is to sell the product even if they have her covered in doggie poo, french kissing a corpse.
    Confront these gals with their weaknesses...if they can't overcome them (i.e. Anna and nudity) then they're not cut out to win the show.

I could not disagree more. A model is a self-employed independent contractor. She is hired for a job. That doesn't make her anyone's PROPERTY. For some reason, the use of that word "property" is really rubbing me the wrong way.

For each job, the model is the canvas that the makeup artists, stylists and directors use to display their vision. But in the end, all decisions are up to the model, and NO successful model will tell you that she is someone else's PROPERTY and she has to do whatever they say. There are a LOT of creeps and weirdos in the fashion business that prey on young girls just starting out. If the girls just blindly do whatever anyone tells her to without questioning whether it is the RIGHT thing for her, she could get herself in some bad situations.

In this instance, the girls are in direct competition with one another and they know everyone around them is legit, so of course they would be wise to do whatever they are told. But in the real world, a model has to look out for herself because no one else is doing it for her. And a model's hair, like the rest of her look is VERY important. A photographer may want to chop it all off for his shoot, but the smart model has to think ahead. If she makes a drastic change like cutting her hair off, will it affect her ability to get other work? Will she LOSE jobs that she's already booked because they wanted her to look a certain way? Will it mean that she has to have new photos taken for her portfolio and comp card (which costs $$$).

I guess I'm just against any advice that tells girls that they have to blindly follow someone else's commands and not use the brains God gave them.

Quote Originally Posted by lifeisastory
    Originally Posted by JaniceDRocks

I could not disagree more. A model is a self-employed independent contractor. She is hired for a job. That doesn't make her anyone's PROPERTY. For some reason, the use of that word "property" is really rubbing me the wrong way.

For each job, the model is the canvas that the makeup artists, stylists and directors use to display their vision. But in the end, all decisions are up to the model, and NO successful model will tell you that she is someone else's PROPERTY and she has to do whatever they say. There are a LOT of creeps and weirdos in the fashion business that prey on young girls just starting out. If the girls just blindly do whatever anyone tells her to without questioning whether it is the RIGHT thing for her, she could get herself in some bad situations.

In this instance, the girls are in direct competition with one another and they know everyone around them is legit, so of course they would be wise to do whatever they are told. But in the real world, a model has to look out for herself because no one else is doing it for her. And a model's hair, like the rest of her look is VERY important. A photographer may want to chop it all off for his shoot, but the smart model has to think ahead. If she makes a drastic change like cutting her hair off, will it affect her ability to get other work? Will she LOSE jobs that she's already booked because they wanted her to look a certain way? Will it mean that she has to have new photos taken for her portfolio and comp card (which costs $$$).

I guess I'm just against any advice that tells girls that they have to blindly follow someone else's commands and not use the brains God gave them.
    BLAH BLAH BLAH...she can put on a wig if she wants long hair.
    If she wants to work the top fashion houses she has to sacrifice herself to the altar of high fashion. She has to work it and she has to sweat for her art. It's the same in any medium. Pay your dues baby and do what it takes to get the contract.
    It'd be nice to live in a flower field of understanding photographers and helpful makeup artists.
    LIES...all lies.
    Get that booty out there...do what it takes and sell it.
    Or work at Burger King.
    JANICE D FOR PRESIDENT!!

it depends whether cutting a girl's hair off is a disaster

My thoughts about the "extreme" make-overs, especially cutting a girl's hair off (Catie)

Some girls look good short haired, some don't (you draw your own conclusions)

This is an example (the world's most beautiful shop lifter illustrates my point)

1. Short hair:

http://www.jemcorp.com/celebs/images...nona_ryder.jpg

2. Longer hair:

http://www.hqstars.com/images/new/winona/14.jpg

3. Long hair:

http://www.freestarbilder.de/Bilder/..._Ryder_004.jpg

Whatever the length of her hair she's still beautiful.

What I am saying is this: if you are truly beautiful it doesn't matter if you've got any hair (it is the face that is the epicenter of beauty, and the shape of the head is a factor too) - I could imagine her completely bald, still looking as beautiful as ever. Think Sinead O'Connor (her opinions may not be "beautiful", I find her irritating, a bit like Yoko Ono, but she does look good bald, Sinead that is)

Some further illustrations of my point, Mira, the good looking girl in Ladytron:

http://www.mediaeater.com/pictures/2...ladytron/g.gif

http://www.mediaeater.com/pictures/2...ladytron/a.gif

I am addicted to coffee
    Last edited by fredlun; 01-27-2004 at 03:18 PM. Reason: I can't help myself

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345