Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: ANTM2, Ep. 2 Recap: Hit Me With Your Breast Shot

Thanks again, all of you! Your comments really brighten my day!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Tyra meets them at a studio with a man with hair bleached beyond platinum, to an almost steely grey. He looks like Spike’s shorter, squatter brother from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Jay Manuel has been Tyra’s makeup artist for years, and Jenascia remarks that “This guy is pretty. He’s almost prettier than me, and that’s a damn shame.”

I think you've got that backwards miss thing! He is fine, honey. "What have you done for me Lately?!" Short? Idon't think so! Squat? I don't think so! And the hair....... OVA! check out www.instinctmag.com - I rest my case!

I'm sorry if you misunderstood me, Ms. Understood. I never actually said Jay wasn't fine--as a matter of fact if you ever checked the Hottest Men thread, you'll find out that I have the major hots for Spike (James Marsters) and that this comparison, coming from me, should not be considered an insult.

Still, I'm sorry if you took offense, but thanks anyway for that link, the pictures there are FIERCE!
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Loved your recap. You write muy exelente. I missed the show, so your recap was the closest I had to a tape of it. Your report, peppered with humor, made me experience the drama & intrigue the characters had been parties to. With your description, observations & personal comments, I was actually transformed into the scene. I did not only see the videotape, I saw the characters in flesh & blood.

Keep up the great work!

Fan #1 Lunachick

FORT Regular
    Brutal, yet accurate!!!! Keep up the good work SFG!!!

Lunachick! I'm glad you enjoyed the recap, and thanks for your post, it was incredibly sweet!

Thanks also for your post, Foofighter. I've got to be brutal with the models, it's tough love. Spare the rod, spoil the model!!! :beatup

Hearing from all of you folks has been really encouraging. Be well, be happy, and be good to each other. SEE YOU NEXT WEEK!

You are quite talented. How long does it usually take you to write these? They're excellent.

Thanks, Epiphanygodess! Well, I try to be as accurate to the action of the show as possible, so I watch the program and take notes when it's first run, then view the tape of it as I write, which in total can take me as long as 4-6 hours. I'm not as fast 'n' funny as many of the other writers here at the FoRT (e.g. Lobeck's lightning fast AI recaps), but I do the best I can.

One thing that takes me long time (and can be quite tedious) is getting the dialogue down. I have to rewind and rewind and rewind to make sure it's as exact as possible because I, personally, don't like to put quotation marks around what is really a paraphrase--I want it as close to verbatim as I can get, so you guys know that the quote you're reading is exactly as it was said on the show.

One thing I was just telling another FORTer recently, was that I have had trouble with the length of my recaps. I have actually had to cut a lot of material out when my recaps went over the maximum amount of characters you can post here. One thing I wouldn't mind your feedback on, as readers, is if you think the recaps go on too long and if you'd prefer them to be shorter and quicker. You can be honest, I promise not get all Camille on yo azz.

My motto is "shorter is better", if you can include enough detail so people who haven't watched can follow along with the major plot points, and you can make them laugh a little along the way, that's perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    My motto is "shorter is better"...
    Great, because I'm only 5'2".

Okay folks, tune in next week when SnowflakeGirl tries her best to be brief and to the point (Right now, my husband is thinking to himself, "Yeah right"). Seriously, I'll try!

Quote Originally Posted by DjDeluxay
    Wow. So does this actually appear in a news letter? i would definitely subscribe.
    DJ--I'm not sure what you mean by "news letter". I'm a writer for this site, so you can find all my recaps right here at the FORT.

ETA:

Quote Originally Posted by DjDeluxay
    What other shows do you write about? Is it only ANTM and Extreme Maker over?
    I've covered several other shows for the FoRT, but right now I'm on ANTM while Feifer is back on the Extreme Makeover beat (check out her recaps too, they're great!).
    Last edited by SnowflakeGirl; 01-25-2004 at 11:21 PM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast