Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 01/20 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Shandi. So hot right now. teal razz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ToBeInfinite
    Ouch.
    Somebody's angry.
    Personally, I don't see anything so far about the people treating the girls like "herded cattle". You could be right, however on that Shandi part.
    But, *shrug* what do I know, right?

I like your fat-cat-watching-the-tv avatar, by the way. It's funny.
    Sorry if I came of mad, I'm not, but I know Shandi personally, and she told me about what a bad experience it was, how they would go to bed at 2 and have to get up at 5, how they would have to find time to buy their own groceries (in Manhattan! Not so easy to do!), they only had 2 bathrooms and sometimes she'd go days without showering because they didn't have time, and just some other shady stuff that I can't really talk about, and I know you will never see, because they make it look like those girls were given a great life in that loft, and in all honesty they weren't.
    ya pink elephant!

FORT Fan
    That sounds pretty much like what Tyra said about model life in Season 1, with cramped quarters, no bathrooms, catty girls, etc. They make it look like a great life, but they definately mention that its no bed of roses.

quote=="they would have to find time to buy their own groceries (in Manhattan! Not so easy to do!),

no way.. What does this mean? There is no easier place to do groceries than manhattan, nyc. Everything is there in a close wlaking distance. Just how I think..

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc_star
    StarLight, why are you so sure about that? She kept bringing it up "by herself" in her private video she sent to UPN too. Obviously, at the time she made the video, no staff asked her to bring it up so much. She was already too much about "her boobs". Maybe she is a beautiful girl, but every time she made a nasty comment about other contestants or her boobs being bigger than others, ohch, oh my God, her face looked downright ugly...
    'What's inside a person will do appear in her face." Her certain comments ruined her beauty and made her look so ugly to my eyes.
    I'm not sure what video you're looking at, but in her audition tape she most definitely doesn't bring it up...her chest is not mentioned. Just goes to show how easily brainwashed the public can be. You were led to believe that's all she talks about, and now you hear it where it's not. Additionally, it might have done you some good to read some of the interviews, such as:

topflmodel: Do you feel you were eliminated due to your body structure?
    Bethany: I think it played a big part in it. That was the only issue that kept coming up, and that's all that I'm aware of.
    or:
    pmarion01: If you could do it all over again, would you change your approach to this?
    Bethany: Yeah, possibly. I probably would have kept to myself a little more with the whole issue of my chest, my body structure. I think they were looking for responses, and I should have responded differently.

It sounds to me like she was being hounded about it. And regarding her nasty comments about other contestants...again, I say...doesn't it occur to you that she was most likely responding to a question asked of her?? I find it interesting in reading all the posts about all the girls, Bethany is the only one accused of "nasty comments" about the others...why? Because hers was the first. Why? Because that's where the editors chose to put it. Virtually all of the girls have said something about another, but only Bethany is the "ugly" one. These editors know their customers well...they lead you like blind sheep. Do you also believe that soap operas are real?

Quote Originally Posted by StarLight
    These editors know their customers well...they lead you like blind sheep. Do you also believe that soap operas are real?
    Starlight, you're new to FORT so you don't know our etiquette. Welcome!

It's assumed on this board that everyone knows about editing in "reality" shows. It's even written into the site rules/FAQ. Click here to read it yourself. Also, part of the rules of this site is that FORT members are free to flame reality TV contestants. That's why we're here, don'tcha know. But it's not cool to call other members "sheep".
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    Starlight, you're new to FORT so you don't know our etiquette. Welcome!

It's assumed on this board that everyone knows about editing in "reality" shows. It's even written into the site rules/FAQ. Click here to read it yourself. Also, part of the rules of this site is that FORT members are free to flame reality TV contestants. That's why we're here, don'tcha know. But it's not cool to call other members "sheep".
    Hi Hepcat...I am new to responding, but have been reading the forums for a while. And I did read the rules prior to joining, but have to admit that many of the comments I read, particularly in this forum, seem to say there is no comprehension of the word "edit". It just reminded me of the instances where I've heard that "bad guy" actors on soaps receive death threats from viewers who think it's all real. However, I will also say that when I used the word "you", it was directed to the "customers" at large. I apologize to anyone who took it personally. On the other hand, it might be nice to remember that the contestants aren't sheep either...and their friends, family and acquaintances are likely reading these comments, too. Whether the contestants' looks are liked or not is individual opinion and that shouldn't bother anyone...friend, family or acquaintance. But when a contestant's character...who they are as a person...is attacked, defamed and degraded based on the video shown, I'd say that's going a step too far, also. And by the way...teal razz is right. Again, I apologize if anyone thought I called them a sheep...

Quote Originally Posted by Wilde
    Was that not the funniest moment ever when Janice was trying to show Bethany how she should have posed and got up on the desk!?! That was definitely a WTF moment.
    Hahah that was funny. I was thinking, "what is she doing?"

hey, star light, I didn't read all your reply to mine, b/c by the first few lines, I got what u wanna say. But you often say "doesn't it occur to you that ....blah blah blah " but how do u know that blah blah blah (whatever u described in ur message) really happened? for so sure? You write like you were there and seen it happen with 100% confidence. Maybe it did, maybe it didn't. Unless you were there, or you were her, we won't know for sure. That's the reality tv. Period. We can also say "doesn't it occur to you that she really wanted to mention her boobs and kept bringing it up by herself?" The answer---maybe, or maybe not. We don't know. Again, that's the reality tv. Don't be so sure and get all serious about what you thought happened was the way it really went. This is true to me, us and to you too.
    By the way, I do not watch soap opera.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc_star
    hey, star light, I didn't read all your reply to mine, b/c by the first few lines, I got what u wanna say. But you often say "doesn't it occur to you that ....blah blah blah " but how do u know that blah blah blah (whatever u described in ur message) really happened? for so sure? You write like you were there and seen it happen with 100% confidence. Maybe it did, maybe it didn't. Unless you were there, or you were her, we won't know for sure. That's the reality tv. Period. We can also say "doesn't it occur to you that she really wanted to mention her boobs and kept bringing it up by herself?" The answer---maybe, or maybe not. We don't know. Again, that's the reality tv. Don't be so sure and get all serious about what you thought happened was the way it really went. This is true to me, us and to you too.
    By the way, I do not watch soap opera.
    All I can say nyc_star is that if you had taken a moment to read my last two posts, you'd have a pretty good idea about what I might know, but since you didn't, I'll just answer you this way... blah blah blah...

huh??

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast