Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Let's Play "Name That Eve"

Anti All Things CoverGirl

Let's Play "Name That Eve"

I've watched the show a couple of times and I think the concept behind the photoshoot was interesting, but some of it, I just plain didn't get. Some of those get-ups, I have no clue what the model was supposed to represent. And while I think the whole photoshoot came out beautifully, I also believe if you substitute the word "barbie" every time you see "eve" that would more accurately reflect what was going on there. LOL

Anywho...I got all of the "eves" except for a few...
    April: Asian Eve
    Bethany: Winter Eve
    Heather: Floral Eve
    Catie: Heavenly Eve
    Yoanna: Evening Eve
    Anna: Eve of the Sea (that is, if she'd actually done it.)
    Jenascia: Enchanted Archer Eve (WhatEVER)
    Xiomara: Tempting Eve
    Camille: Bird of Paradise Eve

No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't see the names for Mercedes, Shandi, and Sara. Anyone know who these three were supposed to be? I have my own theories...
    Sara: tin man eve
    Shandi: lady godiva eve
    Mercedes: orange crayon eve

I thought Jenascia's outfit was a case of serious overkill. Pick the big flower hat OR the wings OR the bow and arrow. Not all three.

And I wanted to kick Nigel in the shins when he said Bethany looked like a Dr. Seuss character. Um...was it not HIS decision to dress her up like that? Moron.

Anna would've been beautiful as Eve of the Sea, but I understand why she didn't want to do it.

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lifeisastory

Sara: tin man eve
    Mercedes: orange crayon eve

LOL,LOL,LOL . Yea i am wondering what eve Shandi and the rest were myself.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

Very funny first post, Lifeisastory, and to the FoRT.

I agree that Shandi was probably "Lady Godiva Eve", and I think Mercedes was supposed to be "Egyptian Eve".

As for Sara, I have absolutely no idea what she was supposed to be...all I can say is that there is a street performer here in Venice that dresses exactly the same way (well, not naked, but in a silver suit and makeup), so if the model thing doesn't work out, she could put a coffee can on the sidewalk and do the robot for some cash.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

The chain mail headdress and the *ahem* chestplates drawn on her made me think Sara was Joan of Arc-like, say if Joan went into battle naked and sprayed herself to look metal. But it seemed warlike overall.

I thought Jenascia's costume was over the top but what impressed me is that she still managed to make it work for her (despite the photographer's negative comments).
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

man i just saw the glimpse of the portrait that had her pic and design. Man what was it. i am going to watch it again and see what i can tell you.
    Saras was sexy.
    Yeah i liked Shandi's too but i dont get who she was suppose to be. It just seemed like they sprayed hair over her body

I guessed at first that Shandi was Rapunzel Eve, because of her hair. I really want to know! (I even paused the tape a few times, but never saw the title.)

Quote Originally Posted by lifeisastory
    I've watched the show a couple of times and I think the concept behind the photoshoot was interesting, but some of it, I just plain didn't get. Some of those get-ups, I have no clue what the model was supposed to represent. And while I think the whole photoshoot came out beautifully, I also believe if you substitute the word "barbie" every time you see "eve" that would more accurately reflect what was going on there. LOL

Anywho...I got all of the "eves" except for a few...
    April: Asian Eve

Is it just me or is casting April as Asian Eve (or Asian Barbie for that matter) a bit on the racist side? Sure, she looked gorgeous with her geisha hair and her fan. Sure, it was a way to differentiate her. But, right off the bat to play off the fact that she is the only Asian (in both seasons, natch)... Things that make you go hmmm.

Imagine, Camille as Nubian Eve, for example. Though Nubian Eve might have been better than that chicken costume they had for her.

Um. Well i think her having natural asian eyes makes it better. He saw them and wanted to change them without taking away who they are. I mean Mercedes was more of an African Queen. Why would you want someone else to play that? Like Beth? That wouldn't be well.And Catie she is young and has an innocent appeal so far. So if you want to do racial than it is not making sense.

:/ enchanted archer eve? is it just me, or does that sound like a barbie from the would-be fantasy fairytale doll collection?

Quote Originally Posted by martini
    Is it just me or is casting April as Asian Eve (or Asian Barbie for that matter) a bit on the racist side? Sure, she looked gorgeous with her geisha hair and her fan. Sure, it was a way to differentiate her. But, right off the bat to play off the fact that she is the only Asian (in both seasons, natch)... Things that make you go hmmm.

Imagine, Camille as Nubian Eve, for example. Though Nubian Eve might have been better than that chicken costume they had for her.
    It only helped April look gorgeous. She should be happy she didn't get the Baby Smurf treatment poor Bethany did.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast