Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anna's UPN Chat

Anna's UPN Chat

Just like Survivor, it looks like UPN will be having an online chat with each kicked out of the loft wanna-be model each week. Below is the transcript posted yesterday for those of you who don't want to go over to the UPN site at http://www.upn.com/shows/top_model2/chat/anna01.shtml

Top Model Host: You all have a lot of great questions for Anna, so let's get begin! Thanks for being here today, Anna. Are you ready to take some questions?
    Anna: Yes, I'm ready.

nessa: How do you feel about being cut because you respect yourself?
    Anna: I'm so very proud of myself for making the decision I made. I didn't compromise my integrity and I don't plan to in the future either.

msxena: Was it as stressful as it looked on the show, Anna?
    Anna: Not for me, it's easy for me to adapt to any environment I'm in.

madstyle: How long were you actually in the house?
    Anna: I was there long enough to do the one fashion show, the one photo shoot that I didn't participate in, and then I left right after that.

barbie: I admire that u stood up for what you believe in, but shouldn't you have known they were going to ask for some type of nudity?
    Anna: Thank you for your admiration. I didn't know that there was going to be a nude photo shoot, but I did know that I might be required to do that. I was hoping there wouldn't be a nude photo shoot.

yiggie: I find it OUTRAGEOUS you were thought of as a plus size model. What are your thoughts on that?
    Anna: Yeah, I know what you mean. In the modeling world, I'm considered that because I am 5'8" and 130 pounds, but in the real world, the working world, I'm considered average. I plan to bring curves back into the modeling world. Curves are coming back in, and I plan to be a part of that change.

slimmyslim: Anna, how do you feel about your dream now?
    Anna: I am still in pursuit of my dream. I'm only going to go to higher levels from here. Being eliminated off the show is not going to stop me. I would also like to be considered to be a positive role model for other young ladies and moms out there.

missamsterdam: What do you think about the other girls?
    Anna: I wasn't there long enough to really get to know them. They have different personalities and characteristics, and we all have good chances at having modeling as a career.

Lina8684: Who was the nicest contestant?
    Anna: Catie, because she was there giving me encouraging words during the nude photo shoot.

Lina8684: Did the girls leave Jenascia behind on purpose?
    Anna: I really don't know, I was not in that same room. But if I was, I would have woke her up.

ahlsmiles: Was it cool getting to know Tyra a little bit?
    Anna: Yes, it was an awesome experience. Tyra is very business minded, which I really admire in her.

AlmostFamous: What do you think of the judges?
    Do you think it was an overreaction to ask you to leave the set of Nigel's shoot?
    Anna: The judges have strong personalities. Being asked to leave the set was just part of Nigel's decision, which is okay with me.

Jennygirl: Hi Anna! Are you signed with anyone as of yet?
    Anna: You'll have to watch the show to find out.

cole: How did your husband feel about you maybe having to pose nude?
    Had you discussed it?
    Anna: Yes, we did discuss it. We knew that I was not going to do anything like that, and he was very proud of the decision I made.

Carmen: Anna, do you think models are the same as they were back in the 60's and 70's?
    If not, how are they different?
    Anna: No, I think back then they were a lot thicker. I believe that I may bring that back in style.

cole: Do you think you could have stayed away from your family the whole time if you would have stayed?
    Anna: Oh yes, definitely. I knew it was going to be a hard situation to deal with. Since my family knew that it was my dream, we understood that time would be a factor.

Carmen: What advice would you give a model who might not fit the typical model structure, whether it being too big, or two short?
    Anna: Well, if it is definitely her dream, and if she is eating, breathing and sleeping modeling, then she should continue to try to reach that level.

celestia: What was your first reaction when you learned you were going to do a runway on the first day?
    Anna: Adrenaline, adrenaline was pumping. I was excited about getting on the runway. I had some experience in 1997. I had a great time.

Doogen: How did you feel about your runway performance?
    Anna: I felt pretty good about it. But like the editor from Jane magazine said, it needed a little work. I continue to practice.

roni609: Some of the other girls were also 5'9'' and 134, so why aren't they considered plus size?
    Anna: Because they're taller, and that means that their weight is distributed differently.

curious1: Anna, why in the world did some of the girls take toilet paper from Tavern on the Green?
    Anna: I don't know why. I guess they thought they weren't going to get a chance to go to the store and get some.

Carmen: Whom did you contact first when you heard that you made it on the show?
    Anna: I wasn't able to tell anyone that I made it on the show. That's why it was so hard not to say anything.

tinygirl: Hi Anna! Would you ever consider letting your cutie-pie son model?
    Anna: Yes, I would consider him modeling in the future, after high school.

cocoapebbles: Which model, if any, did you have an unpleasant experience with?
    Anna: None. I had no unpleasant experiences at all.

Canadian_Elyse_Fan: Which of the contestants would you say is most cut out for high fashion?
    Anna: Yoanna, since she was an assistant fashion designer.

celestia: How much modeling experiencing did you have before going on the show?
    Anna: None, really. I just started modeling during the summer I got out high school. Then I chose to go to college. Now I'm pursuing it full time.

Chris: Have you heard many people compare you to Nicole from last season?
    Anna: No, never heard that.

Shandi_s_Fan: Did Jenascia do something we didn't see that was very objectionable?
    Did she snore?
    Who were her roomies?
    Anna: Her roommates were Sarah, and I don't remember who else. I wasn't in the room with her. No snoring that I heard of.

maveness: Anna, now that the show has aired, what do you think of how you appeared?
    Anna: I think I appeared as a very strong woman who stood up for what she knows to be true. I think that will have a greater impact on some people than others.

damselmoon: Who's your favorite designer?
    Anna: Dolce and Gabanna.

curious1: Did you watch last season and who was your favorite?
    Anna: Yes, I did watch last season. Adrianne was my favorite.

Carmen: Who is your favorite all time Supermodel?
    Anna: Tyra Banks, of course.

maveness: How fair do you think it was for the first photo shoot to involve nudity, when last season's contestants could opt out of the nude shoot and still progress in the process?
    Anna: It was fair. It was fair.

nathelia: Anna what size is considered to be plus size?
    Anna: 5'8", 130.

maveness: What is your greatest regret about the show?
    Anna: I don't have any regrets whatsoever.

Carmen: Who was the worst person as far as personality?
    Anna: None of them had a bad personality. They were all so different, and I don't consider any one person being worse than another.

Chris: Do you feel that you got a less than fair shot because you were married?
    Anna: No, not at all.

justwhatever: What is your honest opinion of Janice?
    Anna: My honest opinion is that she has a very strong personality and she's not afraid to speak her mind, which is okay.

ringo: Anna, who do you think is likely to improve the most?
    Anna: I'm hoping that Shandi will.

ambi: How did you like NY?
    Compared to where you are from?
    Anna: I enjoyed New York, except for the traffic. And I missed all my Georgia trees.

Mara: Anna, would you have made the same decision--not posing nude--if you weren't married or a mother?
    Anna: I would have still made the same decision. But if I were 18 or 20, I would have posed nude then. But thank God I've come to another area of my life, and I have matured.

damselmoon: Which is your favorite fashion mag?
    Anna: Hmmm ... I enjoy looking at Jane Magazine.

Carmen: Do you have any other ambitions besides modeling?
    If so, what are they?
    Anna: Being a positive role model for moms and young girls.

Carmen: Do you think the modeling industry gives more weight to height, face, beauty or body structure?
    Anna: Body structure and weight.

maveness: How do you feel about being automatically cast as the mother and the most conservative?
    Anna: Well, I have no problem with that.

Netta: Do you think the judges were fair?
    Anna: Yes, they were fair. I appreciate Tyra's attitude toward me because it seemed like she wanted to keep me on the show.

curious1: Anna, what did you major in at college and where did you attend?
    Anna: I went to Middle Georgia College and Savannah State University. My major was in business administration.

nathelia: Did you get to speak with anyone after you left the judging room and went to pack your bags?
    Anna: I did one quick interview and then I had to leave.

Carmen: Do you want any more children?
    If so, how many more?
    Anna: Right now one is enough.

alla: Did it bother you when all the girls started calling you Mama?
    Who was the first to call you that?
    Anna: No, it didn't bother me. I think Catie was the first.

curious1: Anna, what is your son's name?
    It sounded like a unique name and he looks so cute!
    Anna: His name Makarious, and thank you.

Carmen: What type of modeling do you want to do: fashion, commercial print, parts, etc.?
    Anna: I plan to do all of them.

HeavenBound1: Do you have a home church supporting you back home?
    Anna: Yes, I do. Miracle Ministry, Pastor Chris Evans, out of Hogansville, GA.

babygirl: Do you feel that you eat, breathe and sleep modeling?
    Anna: I feel like I do do that. But before that, I put God first.

LEX2004: Anna, did you feel comfortable in that interview with the previous model wanna-be Ebony?
    Anna: Yes, I felt completely comfortable.

lulu: What did you think of Jenascia's reaction to her sleeping late and missing the photo shoot?
    Anna: I felt as if she had a vengeful attitude.

proudofyou: Has anyone back home given you a hard time about not doing the photo shoot?
    Anna: No. No one's giving me a hard time. Everyone is still proud of the decision I made.

nathelia: Do you plan to do anything else besides modeling, such as acting?
    Anna: If that's a door that's open to me, I'll definitely step into it.

Carmen: Are you like a mini celebrity in your hometown in GA?
    Anna: Yes, I am. I get many phone calls at home as well as on my cell from people just wanting to be a part of the whole situation.

babygirlbritt21: How do you want people to remember you?
    Anna: I want them to remember me as the strong woman who didn't change her mind and didn't compromise her integrity.

justwhatever: What advice do you have for aspiring models with values?
    Anna: Definitely stand your ground. Don't let anyone convince you otherwise. And keep pursuing your dreams.

Top Model Host: I am sorry to say that our hour with Anna is up. Anna, thanks so much for being here to chat with us today. Do you have any final comments for the Top Model fans?
    Anna: I would like to encourage everyone to keep tuning in to UPN to watch the show and keep supporting me as well.

Top Model Host: Thanks for joining us everyone. Tune in to the encore presentation of the premiere of AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL TONIGHT at 9:00PM ET/PT on UPN. Don't miss an exciting new episode next Tuesday at 9:00PM ET/PT. Then come back to www.upn.com/topmodel/ for another chat next Wednesday afternoon at 2:30PM ET/11:30AM PT to chat with the next eliminated model!
    I think Johnny Damon has the SWEETEST mullet in major league baseball!

WOw she didn't seem real enough to me in that chat. It was as if she was being watched while she was on the computer. Or that they kind of told her what to say. It seems she never heard of Jane Magazine before. And wow strangely there is a judge from Jane MAgazine. Kind of seems they are advertising a lil too much there. Well it was a great chat. Just seemed a little fake. I'm so sure she would make a rude comment about anyone.

Kao
    Naaa...some people just aren't catty. She doesn't seem the type.

Seemed rigged

Jennygirl: Hi Anna! Are you signed with anyone as of yet?
    Anna: You'll have to watch the show to find out.
    Huh? What does that mean, she comes back and gets signed to someone? I hope not!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    Huh? What does that mean, she comes back and gets signed to someone? I hope not!
    Ok what the person asking was implying was did she get any jobs out of this show. Like last season the top 5 people still got a contract. But i don't know why someone would hire her. She didn't show anything. The only thing they can base it on is the fashion show. And what she means when she says "Anna: You'll have to watch the show to find out." Like you know how Elyse was smart enough to follow that contract she signed. Well maybe there might be a person who will tell us after the show
    nathelia: Did you get to speak with anyone after you left the judging room and went to pack your bags?
    Anna: I did one quick interview and then I had to leave.
    I think that is a lie. I am just basing this on last seasons. When the first girl was cut, she got to stay for the next photo shoot. Who knows maybe they all stay until they are done taping. And like Elyse said we got to stay for the fashion show. So i am just assuming she did not had to leave right away
    Last edited by DjDeluxay; 01-17-2004 at 12:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DjDeluxay
    Ok what the person asking was implying was did she get any jobs out of this show. Like last season the top 5 people still got a contract. But i don't know why someone would hire her. She didn't show anything. The only thing they can base it on is the fashion show. And what she means when she says "Anna: You'll have to watch the show to find out." Like you know how Elyse was smart enough to follow that contract she signed. Well maybe there might be a person who will tell us after the show
    Um, I understood the question. But Anna is the first one cut and this chat was done after she was cut. So why should we have to watch the show to find out if she was signed anywhere? She's not the winner. She wouldn't be breaking any contract by being hired away once she's been cut. Anyone else we don't know has been eliminated, yes, we do have to watch the show. But Anna is outta here. So I thought that was an odd answer, and I was hoping it didn't mean she got a 2nd chance like the Outcasts on Survivor. Blech!

More likely it means a big fat NO and she was just being coy in order to avoid saying NO, no one has called me.

I think that is a lie. I am just basing this on last seasons. When the first girl was cut, she got to stay for the next photo shoot. Who knows maybe they all stay until they are done taping. And like Elyse said we got to stay for the fashion show. So i am just assuming she did not had to leave right away
    It could be...I'm pretty sure by what some of the other contestant's relatives said that they didn't all stay to the end. The girls that went to Paris all got to stay to the end, and went through the final fashion show so that it wouldn't be spoiled who the last 2 contestants were.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

She's not the winner. She wouldn't be breaking any contract by being hired away once she's been cut.
    I haven't seen the ANTM contract, but it's very likely that Tyra retains control over her modeling contracts for several years, regardless of where she was eliminated in the competition. Similar to American Idol - if you make the Top 10, you're indebted to 19E for the rest of your life.

This chat was not done after she was cut of course. You can tell because she doesn't remember alot as she answers questions like who was room mates with who.
    What does this mean? I dont understand it"you're indebted to 19E for the rest of your life."

Quote Originally Posted by Kao
    Naaa...some people just aren't catty. She doesn't seem the type.
    I agree with this point. I have "Christ-like" friends, that don't necessarily even go to a particular church, they just model their behavior after the "What Would Jesus Do?" school of thought.

For once, I found it refreshing that someone leaving did not have a mean word to say about a person. Instead of saying that someone was a 'bitch', she said they, "had a strong personality". Point: Anna.

Maybe I'm burnt out on all the unkind comments of late from deposed contestants of shows: her interview was a breath of fresh air to me.

The World of Modeling is HUGE: my mom modeled her entire life and the only thing she took off was her make-up! Anna is pretty enough and represents a large, silent section of America that applauds her decision to not do a nude ad.

You don't have to be nude to sell Noxema!
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast